Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 04:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
“What Percentage Of Crimes Committed With Illegal And Legal Guns”

According to the link, we would be trying to enact new laws to to affect legal gun owners, who only make up 6-8% of gun murders.
Oh boohoo.

Legal, responsible gun owners need to get their head out of their @sse, stop being all butt hurt, and come up with something better. Folks are tired of crazy people getting their hands on guns and shooting places up. Y'all keep it up and you may not get a choice in the matter as there is a lot of gray error with the Supreme Court and what can be infringed on. Might have to be cleared by a shrink to get a gun sooner or later....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 04:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOL. Well I doubt you could kick the crap out of me so I'm not worried about your false bravado.

To the bolded thanks for the tip, but I grew up in the wrong part of Houston and never needed a gun to make me feel safe. I guess I'm just good at talking my way out of any situation so I just don't share your viewpoint.
talking your way out of a dangerous situation is a good skill to have, i have trusted it many times in the past. but one day you will very likely run across a situation that you cannot talk your way out of, and you will need something to defend yourself. when brought into the mix at the right time, 98% of the time you just need to show it and the situation clears itself up.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:55 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
That's not true. We certainly take robberies, assault, rape, and murder pretty seriously in this country.

Again, I think the first action is ending the war on drugs then coming up with a simple federal system.

Why? Has research shown that to be effective in preventing repeat offenders?
Well, common sense says that if you put a murderer, rapist, or robber in prison for 50 or so years it will drastically reduce the rate of recidivism.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:06 PM

159 posts, read 193,095 times
I think every LEGAL gun owner should be assigned an ID number and that number should be inscribed inside the shells of all bullets and the lead should be forensically traceable to each gun owner ordered by the gun owner and they are responsible for what those bullets do.
Firing from any other gun not owned by that person should be illegal and if you order and take those bullets you are assigning yourself to the responsibility of ownership of them and all that comes with it.
Guns don't kill people bullets do right?
Make it hard to get bullets and the problem goes away a little...get caught with bullets that are not yours and see ya you do long time especially if there's a gun with them.
I think it's potentially a good system...Maybe!? Gun powders should be marked by location sold and this way no ones gun rights are infringed upon.
I'm personally not a gun guy but just wondered if this was a dumb idea or not.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:10 PM

793 posts, read 1,420,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmverbs View Post
I think every LEGAL gun owner should be assigned an ID number and that number should be inscribed inside the shells of all bullets and the lead should be forensically traceable to each gun owner ordered by the gun owner and they are responsible for what those bullets do.
Firing from any other gun not owned by that person should be illegal and if you order and take those bullets you are assigning yourself to the responsibility of ownership of them and all that comes with it.
Guns don't kill people bullets do right?
Make it hard to get bullets and the problem goes away a little...get caught with bullets that are not yours and see ya you do long time especially if there's a gun with them.
I think it's potentially a good system...Maybe!? Gun powders should be marked by location sold and this way no ones gun rights are infringed upon.
I'm personally not a gun guy but just wondered if this was a dumb idea or not.

Basically impossible.google why microstamping.doesnt work.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
talking your way out of a dangerous situation is a good skill to have, i have trusted it many times in the past. but one day you will very likely run across a situation that you cannot talk your way out of, and you will need something to defend yourself. when brought into the mix at the right time, 98% of the time you just need to show it and the situation clears itself up.
That's the thing... It's not very statistically likely that it will happen unless you are involved in criminal activities. I can tell you didn't grow up on the wrong side of town. Simply having a gun won't do much good if someone gets the drop on you. Granted, we can come up with infinite scenarios but all a gun does is give you better odds which is situation dependent.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:24 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Oh boohoo.

Legal, responsible gun owners need to get their head out of their @sse, stop being all butt hurt, and come up with something better. Folks are tired of crazy people getting their hands on guns and shooting places up. Y'all keep it up and you may not get a choice in the matter as there is a lot of gray error with the Supreme Court and what can be infringed on. Might have to be cleared by a shrink to get a gun sooner or later....
So now you are blaiming 100 million people for the actions of a few.

I bet you think all Muslims are terrorists because a few Muslims are terrorists.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
That's the thing... It's not very statistically likely that it will happen unless you are involved in criminal activities. I can tell you didn't grow up on the wrong side of town. Simply having a gun won't do much good if someone gets the drop on you. Granted, we can come up with infinite scenarios but all a gun does is give you better odds which is situation dependent.
So you are admitting that having a gun gives you a better chance to survive.

I have a fire extinguisher even though it won't out out all fires, I have s gun for the same reason.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Well, common sense says that if you put a murderer, rapist, or robber in prison for 50 or so years it will drastically reduce the rate of recidivism.
Well.... you don't have much life left to commit a crime outside of prison.... But is that cost effective and is there a better way?

According to the Bureau of Justice Stats the overall rate is abysmal.

Bureau of Justice Stats: Recidivism

Old 10-08-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So now you are blaiming 100 million people for the actions of a few.

I bet you think all Muslims are terrorists because a few Muslims are terrorists.
I'm not blaming, I'm warning... Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm warning a part of 100 million for not seeing the forest through the trees. Stop being reactive and be proactive about gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies