Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 10:09 AM

8,378 posts, read 6,476,870 times

Advertisements

Why don't they use the same pill the doctor gives you to execute death row murders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 12:32 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,849,149 times
Nice wording - "Brown and the Democrats". You want everyone to know that such liberty - the right to chose one's own fate - is anathema to Republicans, the party that never stops bleating about how much it supposedly cherishes freedom.

All I can say is... spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Why don't they use the same pill the doctor gives you to execute death row murders?
Let's see... because capital punishment in California is currently under a moratorium imposed by a federal judge? Do you not understand that the state can thus not carry out executions until that moratorium is lifted? Do you have any idea at all what you're talking about?

Oh, and as for that federal judge? He is one Cormac Carney, who was both appointed to the District Court by Republican President George W. Bush and confirmed by the Republican-controlled United States Senate in 2003.

So, let's sum up:
You're complaining about an expansion of liberty, all the while demanding to know why California Democrats don't execute people in direct violation of a lawful court order issued by a Republican appointee. Are you about done, or would you like to dig that hole a little deeper?

Old 10-07-2015, 12:54 PM

59 posts, read 87,268 times
These people are not killing themselves. They already have their death sentence. They are just choosing to go on their own terms without needlessly suffering. My grandmother suffered a long cruel agonizing death when she was in hospice as her lungs and other organs were overcome by metastasized Ovarian Cancer. I find staking out a position that would deprive people of the option to avoid unnecessary suffering by speeding up the process of death (which to me is much different to suicide) to be quite ill considered not to mention cruel.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:59 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,389,098 times
The premise of the OP is silly. This is about personal freedom and liberty - the decision to make your own decisions about your health and your life.

I didn't think Brown was going to sign it, given that he was upset at the Legislature for slipping in the bill in the special session, and his personal religious views, but to his credit, he felt he shouldn't impose his personal views on others in this matter. Note that there was a also very broad popular support for this as well.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:25 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,674,342 times
I'm pretty stoked about this. Gives me a nuclear option if I just can't handle reading another of V8 Vega's posts.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:08 PM

531 posts, read 760,493 times
"Brown and the Democrats now allow you to kill yourself"
I guessed, your body was not your property and now is your property.

Since it was not your property, was it community property or state property?
So, community can use your body w/o your consent? or State?

Old 10-07-2015, 02:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,845,331 times
If you want to kill yourself then have at it.

No one has ever been prosecuted for commuting suicide. Makes you wonder why they even needed a law.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,340,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The premise of the OP is silly. This is about personal freedom and liberty - the decision to make your own decisions about your health and your life.
Yes, something that Republicans are perpetually against....unless a gun is involved.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:38 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,674,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If you want to kill yourself then have at it.

No one has ever been prosecuted for commuting suicide. Makes you wonder why they even needed a law.
Because Jesus.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:49 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,402,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Yes, something that Republicans are perpetually against....unless a gun is involved.
Not sure I follow you. Are you saying that Republicans are against freedom and personal liberty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies