Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 11:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Again your after information from a Dr or someone of that nature anything less your not going to approve.
Yet, even if a Dr told you the same I doubt if you would believe them. so in the end the point is moot.
I think what we're looking for here is actual science, not fear-mongering. Posters on both sides of the argument have provided reputable information and links, and we are debating the implications of that science on the decision to give or withhold vaccination. What we will not do is give credence to quacks.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:16 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think what we're looking for here is actual science, not fear-mongering. Posters on both sides of the argument have provided reputable information and links, and we are debating the implications of that science on the decision to give or withhold vaccination. What we will not do is give credence to quacks.

No. You won't give credit to anyone who doesn't see things the way you do.

No one has posted a link that you have found creditable. What you fail to understand is place like the CDC & doctors have everything to lose if word get out about said vaccine being bad. Those of us who live a holistic live understand this also. So it is in their best interest to hide the information so they there is no backlash. As I have stated before other then going to see a eye doctor & a Chiropractor. I have been to a Dr in a very long time. Yes, my wife is an herbalist NOT a doctor but here I am healthy & strong no shots needed. These holistic sites I posted are not cracks as you call them. I think most tend to forget where medicines/ vaccines came from. For me I'll keep letting my wife treat me when I do get sick I trust her mom then I would someone who wants me to, what's the word? Oh yeah comply. Something wrong when a doctor/company/government uses that word.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
No. You won't give credit to anyone who doesn't see things the way you do.

No one has posted a link that you have found creditable. What you fail to understand is place like the CDC & doctors have everything to lose if word get out about said vaccine being bad. Those of us who live a holistic live understand this also. So it is in their best interest to hide the information so they there is no backlash. As I have stated before other then going to see a eye doctor & a Chiropractor. I have been to a Dr in a very long time. Yes, my wife is an herbalist NOT a doctor but here I am healthy & strong no shots needed. These holistic sites I posted are not cracks as you call them. I think most tend to forget where medicines/ vaccines came from. For me I'll keep letting my wife treat me when I do get sick I trust her mom then I would someone who wants me to, what's the word? Oh yeah comply. Something wrong when a doctor/company/government uses that word.
Not true at all. There is a thread about the HPV vaccine going on right now, in which both sides have salient points. What we disagree about is how to use that information in the best interest of our children's long-term health.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:04 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I do believe the flu IS SPREAD MORE THRU VACCINES THAN IT ISNT!!!!! (Especially the NASAL SPRAY (If they sneeze,guess what??))

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/v/6p8vq0aP4v0"]www.youtube.com/v/6p8vq0aP4v0[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/v/WwP0JvQtRqM"]www.youtube.com/v/WwP0JvQtRqM[/URL]

Anyone who tries to tell me it isnt,IS WORKING FOR BIG PHARMA OR BRAINWASHED IN SOME WAY AND WONT LOOK OUTSIDE OF THIER BOX THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD TO LIVE IN!!!!!!!!!

I have a severe case of what I think is the FLU for the last 2 weeks.... It started with a fever and dry throwing up (6 times),I took VIT-C and got thru that in 2 days...... then I was left with diareea and my tummy hurting and then a few dyas ago the fever came back (diareea went away) and I threw up 5 more times..... Im again taking MORE vit-c......

THIS YEARS FLU SHOT CONTAINS "AN EXTRA STRONG DOSE" So I know I was exposed to that!!!!! (Not natural flu)

I REALLY HATE THIS WORLD......... IF THERE IS ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS,AT LEAST I AVOID ALL THE GARBAGE IN THE VACCINE THATS MEANT TO WEAKEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM,ETC............
A side effect of high doses of vitamin c is diarrhea.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:47 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
What for...even though corruption is exposed it'll do no good for people with their blinders on...people who say "yes sir, no sir, how high should I jump sir"....for you it's obvious you are blind to anything other than corrupt CDC lies..................
Links to anti-vax sites are not scientific support for your opinions.

The CDC did not admit leaving out any info in that autism study. The conclusions of the study were upheld by an outside reviewer. Hooker does not know his backside from a hole in the ground. His "study" that attempted to refute the original findings just shows he has no idea how to conduct an analysis of medical scientific data. His "study" was retracted by the publisher.

Journal makes it official, retracting controversial autism-vaccine paper - Retraction Watch at Retraction Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Add another group of people you need YOUR shots to protect:

Flu vaccine might be less effective in statin users - CBS News

Ask you coworkers what drugs they are on????? The list of vulnerable people keeps growing and growing!
We are all vulnerable, though some people are more likely to get sicker than others. Some of us do care about others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Big pharma people WILL NOT LOOK @ ANYTHING BUT MAINSTREAM GARBAGE MEANT TO KEEP THEM IN THE DARK SO WHY BOTHER TRYING??
Show us any peer-reviewed science you have to support your position.

Quote:
No, you want a link from the CDC or some high profile news source because as well all know they always tell the truth & don't lie to us. And I have posted some.
Posted where?

Quote:
That's laughable...and very sad...as is evidenced by the many many people who die from the chemotherapy they falsely believe will help them.....and most doctors KNOW it's a kill or cure...kill being the winner most times.
I know many people who have taken chemo who are alive and well, including my son. There are many cancers that can be cured with chemo, including childhood leukemia, some adult leukemias, lymphoma, and testicular cancer.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...y-doesnt-work/

Quote:
Right, I forgot...we must not include the "collateral damage" as evidence...those many injured infants and children DON'T COUNT. You didn't need to say that....it's already very obvious.
Your first link contains a virus.

The second has lots of names of known quacks, including Wakefield. I do not see any links to any scientific studies that show vaccines are ineffective or unsafe.

True injuries from vaccines are extremely rare. There just are not as many "injured infants and children" as you try to make it seem.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:27 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
My entire family has been vaccinated on schedule, and the only reaction was in me as an infant, to a pertussis vaccination. .
I've no idea how old your family is.....are they still infants and young children????
There's a huge difference in what kids 35 years ago got compared to infants born today.
It's downright sickening and very pathetic to believe that we can keep adding more vaccines onto an already overloaded schedule for our youngest...The incidences of autism and other spectrum disorders, as well as a host of autoimmune diseases has climbed accordingly....
POSTER: COMPARING 1940, 1980 and 2012 children's vaccine schedule - Vaccine Liberation Army

Old 12-15-2015, 08:38 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
This poster should be available to see in all doctors waiting rooms, as well as clinics and anywhere else that vaccines are administered.
Why isn't it??? could it be that it's too shocking for the public to see?
Grandparents I've shown this poster to are absolutely SHOCKED....and dismayed...appalled

Could it be that we are more easily controlled if we are ignorant?

I would think that the way vaccines are espoused as the modern miracle of keeping disease at bay, that clinics would be proud to display it.
http://vaccineliberationarmy.com/201...ne-schedule-2/

Old 12-15-2015, 10:02 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
This poster should be available to see in all doctors waiting rooms, as well as clinics and anywhere else that vaccines are administered.
Why isn't it??? could it be that it's too shocking for the public to see?
Grandparents I've shown this poster to are absolutely SHOCKED....and dismayed...appalled

Could it be that we are more easily controlled if we are ignorant?

I would think that the way vaccines are espoused as the modern miracle of keeping disease at bay, that clinics would be proud to display it.
POSTER: COMPARING 1940, 1980 and 2012 children's vaccine schedule - Vaccine Liberation Army
For anyone is following this vaccination thread, I'd like to point out a couple of things:

1. The Vaccine Liberation Army (which produced this poster) is a anti-vaccination group run by someone named Eileen Danneman.

2. Ms. Danneman openly proclaims there is a "conspiracy" between the pharmaceutical industry, government, and most of the medical profession to force people to vaccinate so that the industry makes greater profits.

3. Ms. Danneman and the Vaccine Liberation Army have proclaimed discredited Dr. Andrew Wakefield as a "saint" when it comes to vaccine issues.

This sort of thing is typical of some of the posters who repeatedly anti-vaccination here on CDF. They are long on rhetoric, vociferous in their opinions, and notoriously short when it comes to providing facts or any authority for what they say.

If there were a "conspiracy" between the pharmaceutical industry, the government, and the medical profession to pedal vaccines than it would be the largest conspiracy ever known in history. It would involve tens of thousands of physicians who vaccinate, it would involve hundreds of local health departments, thousands of men and women who work for multiple federal government agencies would be part of it, thousands of people doing medical research would be part of it, and it would be international in scope. I believe Nobel prizes have been given to some of people who invented vaccines and so the Nobel Prize Committee in Stockholm, Sweden would also be part of this "conspiracy". It would mean that literally hundreds of medical studies proving the efficacy of individual vaccines would have to have been faked.

A person with a normal brain would be able to look at this and realize that the very notion of a "conspiracy" involving this many people is simply absurd. The truth would leak out and it would be impossible to preserve something on this scale. What is being alleged is implausible and dumb as well.

The case of Andrew Wakefield is particularly telling. Wakefield faked a study purporting to show a link between the MMR vaccination and autism spectral disorder (ASD). The problem was that no subsequent study could duplicate the results that Wakefield came up with. As it is over a dozen studies show no link between autism and the MMR shot. Wakefield's research has been thoroughly discredited. The journal that initially published his article has withdrawn it. Wakefield himself was stripped of his medical license in Britain for fraud in terms of conducting his study and publishing the results. This is the "saint" that Ms.Danneman speaks of. This is what Purehuman is endorsing whether she comes right out and says so or not.

One thing is true. The poster shows that more vaccinations are given today than in 1980. More vaccinations were given in 1980 than in 1940. As science progresses and we find more ways to prevent disease, more vaccines will be approved for general use by CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Some of us are grateful for the additional protection available to us and our families. Others choose to concoct paranoid fantasies about vaccination that have no connection with reality.

Anti-vaccine activists waging 'primordial, cosmic war' despite measles backlash | Society | The Guardian

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...t-vaccination/

Last edited by markg91359; 12-15-2015 at 10:44 AM..

Old 12-15-2015, 01:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
I've no idea how old your family is.....are they still infants and young children????
There's a huge difference in what kids 35 years ago got compared to infants born today.
It's downright sickening and very pathetic to believe that we can keep adding more vaccines onto an already overloaded schedule for our youngest...The incidences of autism and other spectrum disorders, as well as a host of autoimmune diseases has climbed accordingly....
There sure is a big difference between the vaccines given in 1980 and those given today! In 1980, and for more than a decade yet to come, kids were still being given the old DTwP (whole cell DTP) which had more antigens ( bits of the vaccine that would challenge the immune system) in it than today's DTaP. Kids also got the oral polio vaccine, with more antigens in the form of LIVE polio virus than in the current IPV (inactivated polio vaccine). They continued to get OPV for about two more decades.
"Overall numbers of antigens have fallen from about 3,041 in 1980 to approximately 153 today."
:: Vaccinate Your Baby : Too Many Vaccines? ::

Looking at the 1940 vaccine schedule, that smallpox vaccine was a nasty one. LOTS of antigens, and lots of side effects. Smallpox vaccine was removed from the schedule in 1972.
Smallpox Vaccine: Contraindications, Administration, and Adverse Reactions - American Family Physician

Old 12-15-2015, 05:28 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
What for...even though corruption is exposed it'll do no good for people with their blinders on...people who say "yes sir, no sir, how high should I jump sir"....for you it's obvious you are blind to anything other than corrupt CDC lies..................CDC Responds: Admits Omitting Vaccine Data Linking Vaccines to Higher Rates of Autism

CDC Responds: Admits Omitting Vaccine Data Linking Vaccines to Higher Rates of Autism

Physicians and Scientists Exposing Vaccine Lies | AntiCorruption Society
Brian Hooker's paper was retracted as being faulty science

Here is the study itself:
Measles-mumps-rubella vaccination timing and autism among young african american boys: a reanalysis of CDC data | Translational Neurodegeneration | Full Text

It’s official! Brian Hooker’s “reanalysis” of MMR data is retracted. – Respectful Insolence

Quote:
Take a look at Hooker’s recent publication record. Since 2013, he’s published four papers on vaccines and autism. All of them except for his retracted Translational Neurodegeneration paper are co-authored with Mark and David Geier. (I’m sure you remember them, don’t you? He and his son David have published a number of truly horrible papers and are advocates of chemical castration as a treatment for autism.) Also in this list are Janet Kern, an RN who used to publish on secretin and nearly all of whose publications are with the Geiers, and Lisa Sykes (an antivaccine activist whom we haven’t seen in a while on this blog but one who is closely associated with the Geiers and is known for harassing critical bloggers.)
Fraud at the CDC Uncovered? : snopes.com

Quote:
What got lost in the brouhaha over Dr. Thompson's "confession," allegations about a "cover-up" at the CDC, and threats of whistleblower lawsuits was what should have been the main point: Did collected data actually prove that the MMR vaccine produces a 340% increased risk of autism in African-American boys? The answer is no, it did not.

On 27 August 2014, Dr. Hooker's article published in the journal Translational Neurodegeneration that concluded "African American males receiving the MMR vaccine prior to 24 months of age or 36 months of age are more likely to receive an autism diagnosis" was removed from public domain due to issues of conflict of interest and the questionable validity of its methods:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies