Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 12:31 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times

Advertisements

Cowards in the face of the enemy. American servicemen died looking for him. The idiot mailed his stuff home and fully intended to leave the base.

Death by hanging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 12:55 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You said that desertion is a criminal offense because today's military is all-volunteer.

I pointed out that desertion has always been a criminal offense, even when a military force was *not* all-volunteer. So whether a military person is legally liable to be charged for desertion does not depend on whether that person is a volunteer or not or whether the military force that is deserted is all-volunteer or not.
You, with your citation, were comparing apples to oranges. Being impressed gave no option in the matter. Volunteering, on the other hand, is a freely entered into contract of your services for a specific period of time in which you agree to follow all directions.

In a purely legal sense, desertion is a breach of contract and punishable by various means. Desertion has a very specific punishment as spelled out under the UCMJ which all enlistees swore to follow.

That being the case, why should anyone believe anything this deserter says, as he already forsook his pledge?

Old 10-12-2015, 01:03 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And by the same token, you must see how many of your comments in this thread bear a striking similarity to guilty unless proven innocent. I think all jacqueg is doing is defending the system of due process, which you don't like because you have already decided, outside of the process, that he is guilty.
No, I "must" not, especially when you claim other wise. The vast majority of knowledgeable people (which obviously excludes several who have posted nonsense in this thread) agree that he deserted. Guilty. The degree of punishment is all that is in question here.

You must take courses in truth to see this.

BTW, your opinion on this subject means exactly the same to me as Obamas --Nothing.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison

I strongly feel he should go to military prison for at least 10 years. What do you think?
I agree, but I doubt it will happen.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:16 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Yes. He should go to prison. How many years? I am not sure.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:28 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,431,422 times
In the past soldiers who deserted in time of war weren't given the benefit of the doubt, they didn't have people feeling sorry for them telling their commanders they had 'suffered enough' and so they were shot at dawn and their families left to deal with the disgrace of a son/brother/cousin that deserted.

Fast forward and here we have a deserter, someone who carefully planned his desertion and surprise surprise got it wrong and suffered for it. He was then given a hero's welcome, he was honored by the president. Once debriefed he was given a cushy desk job (I can't imagine what it must be like to work next to a known deserter) and we are now being told he has suffered enough.

What a crock!! send his deserting - traitorous azz to jail

Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think his revelations did far more good than his supposed desertion. I believe any soldier at any time should be able to say to anyone that is in charge, "F*** It! I am going home. Let the bankers and their politician slaves fight their own wars."
With reasoning like this, you have to be an obama supporter. obama is a traitor and hates America, Bergdahl is a traitor and hates America. You sure know how to pick your friends...

Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,100,850 times
The military people who were there at the time cannot agree that the 6 deaths were directly related to Bergdahl. Most of the soldiers think so, but perception is not fact. The records do not suggest it. From what I have read, the military does not think he should be imprisoned any more than the time he was held. My morning paper said the Army suggests he should be discharged and be able to get his benefits.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:46 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Other.

We dont know enough details.
Easy, a bullet in the back of his worthless head.

His desertion to the enemy put fellow soldiers in danger. He had no right to do that.

If you had a son over stationed over there how would you feel? You'd be fine with letting the treasonous snake walk even though he put your son in unnecessary danger when he went looking for him?

Old 10-12-2015, 01:51 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Here is an interview with the lone survivor.

I agree with pretty much EVERYTHING he has to say in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HuJP2MnnTs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies