Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 12:02 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I can tell you who lost. Republicans lost.

The viewing audience got a glimpse of smart people actually discussing the issues and NOT acting like a third grader who just had his lunch money stolen by the school bully.
The scripted reality was just oh so wonderful, wasn't it?

And yes Ringo1, I still have that ocean front property in Iowa for you. I'm saying that in a very serious/professional tone in a very intelligent way. Therefore, it must be true and believable.

Thanks for the humor though! If I was a comedian, I'd be getting some great source material from this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 12:06 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:

The viewing audience got a glimpse of smart people actually discussing the issues and NOT acting like a third grader who just had his lunch money stolen by the school bully.
Come on, Ringo! Why are you being taken in by this stuff? The moderator said these were serious people wanting to talk about serious issues, so he planted that in people's minds before the debate even happened. Then, did he really ask serious questions? Did he once ask the candidates if they'd reconsider their support of the Iran deal after the ballistic missile test? Did he follow up on any questions that others refused to answer, holding the candidate's feet to the fire? Hillary said she wouldn't answer Chafee's question on ethics, and it got a laugh. Cooper should have gone back to her and forced her to answer the question. If it had been a real debate with a moderator that wasn't in the tank for the candidates, that would have been done.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
No matter how you spin it...liar, insincere, change mind, bad thinking and decision process...the end point is that Hillary is simply not qualified to hold any office, let alone one that demands good decisions ALL the time. She "ain't" got the brains. She "ain't got the backbone to stand up for anything. She's a mess and always has been.
What does any of your opinion have to do with someone changing their argument after being proven wrong ????

Old 10-14-2015, 12:27 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Remember, California just passed and Dem. Brown signed the law/authorization that illegals must be issued a driver's license and just 2 days ago added that when these illegals are issued that license they are also "automatically" registered to vote. How in the he!! can that be allowed...it CANNOT since it is against the United States of America's Constitution. But that certainly shows to what illegal and criminal lengths Dems will go to win at all costs.
If that happened, you would be correct, but it didnt.

Registering to vote is as simply as filling out a piece of paper, it doesnt mean the board of registrars will actually approve you. Vladimir Putin can "register" to vote in the U.S.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:27 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

So it's smart to give amnesty to millions of illegal aliens so they can continue to hold jobs that Americans need and drive down wages? Really? That's just the tip of the iceberg of their overall burden to our society also.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So it's smart to give amnesty to millions of illegal aliens so they can continue to hold jobs that Americans need and drive down wages? Really? That's just the tip of the iceberg of their overall burden to our society also.

Thank You, and the dem Debate was a pathetic joke. Not liking Clinton, but she was the clear winner, the others being losers.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:36 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Remember, California just passed and Dem. Brown signed the law/authorization that illegals must be issued a driver's license and just 2 days ago added that when these illegals are issued that license they are also "automatically" registered to vote. How in the he!! can that be allowed...it CANNOT since it is against the United States of America's Constitution. But that certainly shows to what illegal and criminal lengths Dems will go to win at all costs.
Nope.

The law will automatically register CITIZENS.

People go on and on about illegals and other non-citizens getting this or that benefit but rarely think through the advantage to this sort of system.
Because California issues licenses to non-citizens, it knows when registering people to vote who is and isn't a citizen.

That's what you want right? For only those who can prove that they are citizens to be registered to vote?

Well, voila!

Old 10-14-2015, 12:39 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If that happened, you would be correct, but it didnt.

Registering to vote is as simply as filling out a piece of paper, it doesnt mean the board of registrars will actually approve you. Vladimir Putin can "register" to vote in the U.S.
What??? That's not how it works. You actually have to have ID to register that says you are a citizen, like a BC. In order to get the DL which you get registered while doing so you have to have a BC and other forms of ID. In order to get a SS card and get registered at the same time you have to have a BC and other forms of ID. If you have that you get registered, if you don't you don't. They don't take the registrations from just anyone and decide later. Who told you that nonsense?

Old 10-14-2015, 12:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I still say the Democrats had a much more interesting debate than the Two republican debates. I switched to Faux after to see what the Republican news association had to say. Hannity was on with a panel and was behaving like a POS. He wouldn't even allow the token democrat a chance to make her point. This is proof that the Repubs. Are crazy. They did nothing but bash the debate. What subjects did their own republican candidates even touch on besides planned parenthood? Leave it to the republicans always looking for the boogie man....
The absolute best comment I heard concerning the debate was "Bernie Sanders acted/looked like he wanted to say to a bunch of kids GET OFF MY LAWN".
Crazy old coot...

Old 10-14-2015, 12:59 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,491,134 times
I watched the debate for a little over an hour and a half last night. Some take-a-ways I observed.

O'Malley will not win. He is way too staged and almost seems to talk down on people. He had a person for every situation and they seemed to be "in the audience." lol

Hilary Clinton might win the nomination but she is really hard to listen too. Her answers were surrounded by narcissism and an attitude of "hey, you can't touch me." The first question by Anderson Cooper was great. She stumbled right out of the gate.

Some of the stuff Sanders was saying was interesting and I felt like he had some juice behind him. He reminded me of an old man telling me about the "good Ole days when they drank malts and went to sock hops."

Webb apparently does not like China.

Chaffee like earth materials and granite is his favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies