Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 11:37 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
What I was most proud to see, was the Dem candidates embracing PRESIDENT OBAMA and his successful policies. Those policies and his two terms, have been extraordinarily great for the country, and if it weren't for GOP obstruction in Congress, along with that pathetic Supreme Court (Citizens United, Voting Rights), this country would be doing even better.

Great strategy by the Dems. Republicans have no answer.
You just can't be that (will be nice here) so totally ignorant of reality.

1. Have you read, studied and understand the United States of America's Constitution?

2. Do you know what makes the economy of America (under that Constitution) grow which expands and provides those Working Class jobs that in turn pay the taxes that in turn keep the Federal Government afloat while giving the working class the ability to have a good life? Who do you think earns the tax $'s the government uses to pay those free-stuff policies? Remember, please, the government does NOT EARN A DIME! The government "taxes" to fill their coffers.

3. Do you understand how welfare, food stamps and all the rest of the freebees, including health (go into the waiting rooms and emergency rooms some time for a while and see what a huge percentage of people are there who should be home taking care of themselves and their kids) actually ruin lives by destroying incentive, pride in one's self for self accomplishment, destroys self esteem and self confidence, destroys ethics and morals and on and on. It is unbelievable!

OR

4. Are you just a Democrat plant who either somehow benefits from all the non-self-responsible plans put forth by Dems? I can't believe you are truly this uninformed, can't reason and understand and/or are that dense. Oh, or do you just hate America and the opportunities and freedom our Constitution guarantees to all citizens? If the latter is your platform, then you have no idea of what kind of life citizens of other countries actually live under their governments.

Last edited by lorrysda; 10-16-2015 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I hate to admit it but I think Hilary did pretty well. Seemed cool calm and collected. Maybe stopped the hemorrhaging from emailgate. I expect fairly smooth sailing for her on up to the coronation, er, nomination. I don't think Biden will enter the race.
My take on watching this debate is that it is very easy for a proven liar to paint a pretty picture.

I won't even go into the rest of her activities of which myself and many others who have followed her and Bill's trek through politics can see extreme criminal probabilities.

Last edited by lorrysda; 10-16-2015 at 12:03 PM..

Old 10-16-2015, 04:43 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
debate??

its like an orgy of rats

the media once again is circling their wagons around Hillary ..and other dems

while being hyenas to republicans....

nothing seems to change....

Hillary is like a mob boss with bill,,,they both have sooo much blood on their hands they cannot be cleaned

Old 10-16-2015, 05:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
debate??

its like an orgy of rats

the media once again is circling their wagons around Hillary ..and other dems

while being hyenas to republicans....

nothing seems to change....

Hillary is like a mob boss with bill,,,they both have sooo much blood on their hands they cannot be cleaned
Um don't your think you have more blood on your hands?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Um don't your think you have more blood on your hands?
"More blood on your hands?" than the Clintons? Perhaps you should delve into the Clinton's history!

Old 10-17-2015, 07:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Bernie said he was the only one on that stage who is not a Billionaire, did you not hear that?
Nobody on that stage is a "billionaire". Depending on who you listen to Bernie is worth between $700k and $2 million.
Let's be clear, nobody on that stage is poor and none on that stage "walk the walk". Since you specifically focused in on good 'ole Bernie, please tell us when he's ever had to actually "work" for a living?
I mean do something that wasn't on the government teat?

Old 10-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Nobody on that stage is a "billionaire". Depending on who you listen to Bernie is worth between $700k and $2 million.
Let's be clear, nobody on that stage is poor and none on that stage "walk the walk". Since you specifically focused in on good 'ole Bernie, please tell us when he's ever had to actually "work" for a living?
A US senator/representative with no leadership position makes 174,000 a year.

And Sanders has been in congress since 1991, then it is actually amazing that he isnt worth more. He is not a millionaire by choice.

All that being said, People need to stop attacking others for not having blue collar jobs. Bernie Sanders knew when he was young that he wanted to work in government, so he went to college for political science.

You dont like government in and of it self, oh well, it is still a job.

If someone was a garbage man, they would still be on the government teat.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:36 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

If someone was a garbage man, they would still be on the government teat.
Yeah, but they wouldn't be out promoting more garbage.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Yeah, but they wouldn't be out promoting more garbage.
They promote recycling and distinguishing between what can go to the dump and what has to be specially cared for like Car batteries and things like that.

But you cant move the goal post after the fact anyways.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:05 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Default Can't please all the people..., ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No matter who is running, we all know they will be criticized for something. Too little experience in or out of government. Too much money or not enough to finance a campaign. Whatever suits your fancy, promotes your political agenda.

America would be far better off if we knew better how to judge leadership, but few of us really have that attribute, so we evaluate politician's resumes in ways that don't really apply to the job being filled, that of POTUS.

Or maybe you might be more inclined to pick someone who has worked EVERY day of their lives in the private sector (like I have) rather than in government. Maybe that makes Trump your man, someone who has worked in the private sector and made lots more money, longer than Obama and Sanders combined!

I would argue, on the other hand, no matter what your ideology, we can do better than focus on these sorts of resume credentials when it comes to choosing our next POTUS. I don't have time to lay out that better criteria, but suggest it is most certainly there to be had.

Or, argue about who has punched their time card the most times for the most money if you will. Free country after all...

We get what we deserve!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies