Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 02:56 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not only is that not required, the Supreme Court refused to hear a case filed by States that were trying to impose that requirement thus affirming that the states could not require it for federal elections
Thank you...I rest my case. there is also loud objection to the simple requirement of having to show a picture I.D. in order to vote to prove the one "claiming" to be registered is provably the person showing up to vote. Without that picture I.D. no wonder so many people who actually spoke on TV interviews admitted to voting from 5 to 80+ times for Obama in the 2012 election...of course, they all also admitted they were paid for each time voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 02:57 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have registers thousands of voters over the last 4 years in 3 states.

1. a Drivers license only proves that you can operate a vehicle, not that you are a citizen or eligible to vote.

2. it is the board of Registrars that goes through your information and decides if you are eligible to vote.They are the ones who verify the information on your application and your legal status as a citizen. Simply applying to vote(registering) does not give you the ability to vote.
WHY were you registering voters in 3 states? Were you being paid to do so? Hmmmm. In addition, every State has their own laws. Are you a quick study? Just doesn't sound right to me. Every place I ever saw registering voters were people who lived in that local area.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Wrong! They ARE registered to vote WITHOUT any proof of citizenship required for either license or registration. If one is "registered" to vote, they can vote. There is NO approval requirement for anyone. When I registered to vote, I had to produce my birth certificate. That was the only requirement. There is no requirement to prove citizenship in this case.
They are registered, yes, they are not affirmed the ability to vote. The board of Registrars in what ever county they registered would have to read over their application and confirm they are a U.S. Citizen and not be a felon on parole. You by law have to be a citizen to vote in elections. There is indeed a requirement.

registration is the application, not the approval.

This isnt hard to understand.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
WHY were you registering voters in 3 states?
Because i live in an a County that is sandwiched between 2 other states. The Florida State line in 10 miles from my house, the Mississippi state line is 40.

Quote:
Were you being paid to do so? Hmmmm.
No, I was working with the County Democratic Party, State Party, 2 state senate campaigns, a state House campaign, 2 congressional campaigns and then a non partisan 501(c)4 that is regional.

Quote:
In addition, every State has their own laws.
Not really when it comes to registration, there are some extra forms that some states take as identifications, but the basics are the same in every state.

Quote:
Are you a quick study?
not sure what you mean here.

Quote:
Just doesn't sound right to me. Every place I ever saw registering voters were people who lived in that local area.
You dont have to live some where to register voters in the area, all you are doing is giving them a piece of paper and letting them fill it out, then you either let them turn it in or you do it yourself with in the states allotted number of days.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Clinton and Sanders both knocked it out of the park, essentially obliterating ANY chance Republicans have of getting back into the White House. There is nothing said here by Pubs that can change this.

If this keeps up, not only will Dems hold on to the White House, but retake the SENATE, as well as diminish the Pub numbers in the House.

It was a great night for DEMOCRATS last night, which means a great night for the country.

END OF STORY

Old 10-14-2015, 03:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Clinton and Sanders both knocked it out of the park, essentially obliterating ANY chance Republicans have of getting back into the White House. There is nothing said here by Pubs that can change this.

If this keeps up, not only will Dems hold on to the White House, but retake the SENATE, as well as diminish the Pub numbers in the House.

It was a great night for DEMOCRATS last night, which means a great night for the country.

END OF STORY

Like James Brown used to say: "cocaine is a hell of a drug"

20 Trillion DOLLAR debt under Obama and none of these clowns said anything to bring it down. All I heard was FREE STUFF for everybody from Healthcare to college including all illegals to $15 an hour min. wage.

nothing about gun control in details.....other than the NRA hates me and we will pass common sense gun laws....no details like always.

on Climate Change the same, more of the same, NO DETAILS how to force China, Russia and India and the rest of the 3rd world countries to go against their economic interest other that Hillary knows how to make agreements with the Chinese. She chases them down and crashes the party and forces the Chinese to sign an agreement, that simple......she said it TWICE in the debate and none of these clowns next to her had the balls to challenge her B.S......Hillary was basically begging for anyone on the stage to call out her B.S. and nobody did.....they took their orders from the DNC NOT to touch Hillary or else very well.

but some low information voters will vote for her no matter what......lol

Old 10-14-2015, 03:53 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
the part when Hillary said, that Obama trusted her to be Secretary of State is evidence enough she is trustworthy and none of the clowns next to her challenge her on that.

Obama doesn't like her....Obama doesn't trust her.......the reason Obama had to take Hillary as Secretary of State was a deal he had to make within the party and the Clinton camp in the 2008 primary so Hillary wouldn't go all the way to the convention and keep challenging the nomination since Hillary got more popular votes in the primary than Obama.

It was basically a deal which parties always have done in the primary to unite the party and the Clintons back and campaign for Obama in the General .....trust me Obama had other choices other than Hillary for that job.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:35 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Many people don't have access to CNN unless we're stuck at the airport. Unlike sports, your local bar won't be carrying the broadcast.

MTV is hosting the HipHop awards show so audience will be even lower.
Largely different audiences.

I loved the food workers union commercials!

Old 10-14-2015, 04:37 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,111 times
Clinton won hands down. She out-pandered everyone else.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:21 PM

794 posts, read 819,366 times
Really odd how so many CD posters echo the corporate media/pundit echo chamber.

Almost every poll has Sanders winning the debate handily. All one need do is a quick scan of CNN's website and it's telling LACK of any poll data regarding who won to confirm this. Plenty of "articles" with glowing Clinton praise and cheers of her winning, but no poll data. You know they ran one or more, and you know if it actually showed Clinton winning it'd be plastered all over everything.

Drudge has a story right now about CNN deleting Sanders comments. This is your corporate media folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies