Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 11:17 PM

595 posts, read 368,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
I understand what you're saying and you seen intelligent and seem to understand where I'm coming from but I don't think legalizing every single drug is the answer. In fact I feel that is a scary proposition in my opinion.
Understand. We agree the current policy is not working, yet disagree on what to use to remedy it.

My answer is to pursue a policy similar to what Portugal did in 2001, although their policy was just decriminalization.
Evaluating Drug Decriminalization in Portugal 12 Years Later - SPIEGEL ONLINE
If you are looking for decreasing rates of substance abuse the Portuguese policy should deserve a serious look here in the U.S. in relation to drug policy.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times
Quote:
Nosey aren't we? Why don't you ask the judge.
Well it has to be pretty serious if the judge awarded the father custody and found him to be the better parent. Rarely does a judge grant custody to the father unless the circumstances determine that the mother is unfit.

You opened the door on this. Sometimes it's best to leave things unsaid, which is something you should have done.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:21 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You brought it up!!! IMO, no mother who loves her child and is in her right mind would leave a child with an alcoholic/drug addict. There are shelters for mothers with children to go to. No excuse in the world to do that. But that's something she has to live with.
Oh but nothing is wrong with Marijuana remember?! It's completely harmless!! There is much more to the story and guess what, it's none of your business so carry on.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Well it has to be pretty serious if the judge awarded the father custody and found him to be the better parent. Rarely does a judge grant custody to the father unless the circumstances determine that the mother is unfit.

You opened the door on this. Sometimes it's best to leave things unsaid, which is something you should have done.
Didn't award him full custody. As I said you know nothing of the story.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Oh but nothing is wrong with Marijuana remember?! It's completely harmless!! There is much more to the story and guess what, it's none of your business so carry on.
I gather I hit a nerve. Of course it was his father's fault that he turned out the way he did.

Yes, let's get back on topic.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Understand. We agree the current policy is not working, yet disagree on what to use to remedy it.

My answer is to pursue a policy similar to what Portugal did in 2001, although their policy was just decriminalization.
Evaluating Drug Decriminalization in Portugal 12 Years Later - SPIEGEL ONLINE
If you are looking for decreasing rates of substance abuse the Portuguese policy should deserve a serious look here in the U.S. in relation to drug policy.
With all due respect I know nothing of their culture over there. Here in the US I just cannot see it working. Nearly every time I watch the evening news, whenever something bad happens it's unfortunately usually drug related.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Didn't award him full custody. As I said you know nothing of the story.
You said he lived with his father. I don't care full custody/half custody/voluntarily, he was left to be raised by an alcoholic and drug addict. End of story.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I gather I hit a nerve. Of course it was his father's fault that he turned out the way he did.

Yes, let's get back on topic.
You hit nothing so keep fishing and antagonizing.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
You said he lived with his father. I don't care full custody/half custody/voluntarily, he was left to be raised by an alcoholic and drug addict. End of story.
Lol you were there? You know nothing of the FULL story and it's none of your business so go troll someone else. We get it, you like drugs.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Lol you were there? You know nothing of the FULL story and it's none of your business so go troll someone else. We get it, you like drugs.
I like drugs?? And you actually know me how?? Did we ever meet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies