Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 05:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Perhaps he's just intelligent enough to:
A) realize that prohibition of any substance does nothing but make it more desired.
B) understand that having laws against a plant is idiocy.
C) realize the hypocrisy of people who claim that marijuana is so bad for society yet ignore the damage being done by substances which are far more dangerous yet remain legal.
So does opium but only a stoner would argue to legalize that plant.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:47 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, he most certainly does not!
Stop putting out bold face false information

Pot heads are not jailed... Haven't been for thirty or more years.. They get a ticket if they possess illegally

What potsters here don't want anyone to see is all the damage their drug does.. To neighborhoods.. To the environment... To the psyche.. To the formative minds

Lie and deny.. Right out of high times

Read the truth

Rocky Mountain High Report August 2015...
Disputes with evidence every single claim potheads and proponents drivel out

Don't be upset that I have been personally successful slowing this scourge in my community through hard work and support of the voters

Harmless .. Bunk.. Thousands are being murdered here and in other countries to supply the roughly 30 million regular pot losers.. I mean users... Legalizing this narcotic won't change the illegal production ...that has already been proven... And users just want to get high..social consciousness being pretty low opposed to getting high

Old 11-01-2015, 06:50 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
You say the same thing to the MILLIONS that have an alcohol drink after work?

How about the millions that take LEGAL pills scripted by their doctor ?

You really need to research the facts and not base your opinion on Reefer Madness propaganda.
I form my opinions based on who I know smokes it and how they behave and what it does to them.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
You're the one hanging out with losers that eat weed brownies while at work. Who is stupid enough to do that, especially if they're a first timer? Why would you cover for him if you have such strong feelings about it? Seems that would have been the perfect opportunity to "teach em a lesson".

Sorry that you can't separate what happened to your friend with the Millions of other responsible MJ admirers.

It's sad that our country is in the midst of a legal drug overdose epidemic of epic proportions yet some people still think fighting a war against a plant that has been used medicinally by every human civilization in history is somehow necessary or appropriate because one substance has been dubbed "legal" by some men and the other "illegal".

You are only demonstrating your inability to think for yourself.

Overdose Death Rate Surges, Legal Drugs Are Mostly to Blame | Alternet
Hanging out? There are over 400 of us here just in my dept alone and when I am not at work I would not hang out with them or invite them to my house.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
So he got it from a guy that was high and SAID it came from a dispensary ?

There is NO way he ate a TINY piece and it had that effect, maybe you SAW him eat a tiny piece but he already had eaten a big chunk.

You and Fin are a trip, you do understand ALL of your "evidence" would be thrown out in court as hearsay.

Getting high at work, well that shows what kind of person he is.

You really believe he was a "first timer" ... REALLY ?
I saw what he ate and I saw the effect, that is all.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:22 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,124 times
I don't have time right now to pick apart your post sentence by sentence so I'll just skip to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Harmless .. Bunk.. Thousands are being murdered here and in other countries to supply the roughly 30 million regular pot losers.. I mean users... Legalizing this narcotic won't change the illegal production ...that has already been proven... And users just want to get high..social consciousness being pretty low opposed to getting high
Full scale legalization would stop the murders you're talking about. Seems like a cop worth his salt would know that.

Illegal production won't stop just because 4 states and D.C legalized. That won't happen until it becomes legal on the national level, and no, it won't happen overnight. Something else it seems like a cop worth his salt would know.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:38 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
I don't have time right now to pick apart your post sentence by sentence so I'll just skip to the end.

Full scale legalization would stop the murders you're talking about. Seems like a cop worth his salt would know that.

Illegal production won't stop just because 4 states and D.C legalized. That won't happen until it becomes legal on the national level, and no, it won't happen overnight. Something else it seems like a cop worth his salt would know.

Well its good that you acknowledge the evidence that people ARE being murdered for marijuana... Or shall we say more accurately for the control of a drug distribution network. The Colorado experiment and those other states that have it also show that any legalization comes with violent consequences.. Crime..robbery ..quality of life crime. Legalizing it won't make those disappear... Evidence out there shows illegal marijuana production increased geometrically... And in the case of some Colorado cities makes their crime much worse... Also why 70 percent of Colorado cities and counties choose no way.. Or heavily restricted its use.
Your solution and supposition is legalization will increase supply and illegal production will subside. Nothing could be further from the truth. It could happen..but from all available evidence so far this is not the case... The illegal producers will continue unabated.. Follow the money... And in a twist of perfect capitalism.. Too much profit.. It's not like drug users wont cheat.. Many have been for years..and we see in Colorado buying unregulated dope is cheaper
Unlike alcohol which I think it a horrible drug the purpose of mj is to get the high... There are states of being high... But high is the purpose. Mj afficiandos only want to get "higher" which is why they immediately went to edibles and honey oil production
Proponents always want to paint a positive picture so they consistently deny or downplay any negative aspect of widespread pot use.

Another intoxicant? Really.. Like we need more ?

Monsanto
Archer Daniels Midland
Con Agra
Phizer
Ef Lilly
Squibb

Call me when they have it

This week we had another mj store robbed... It specialized ..well it only sold to.. The pot community. The suspects dressed as fake dea agents...abet poorly... Got the safe..AND got the dope on premise

Continue snarkey personal attacks?
Or face the evidence..real evidence.. Not something conjured up in a swirl of mj smoke

Most of America hasn't experienced the full effects of mj widespread use.. When and if they do they will go the way of areas that have... Because this is what we see over and over.. Control regulate and make illegal activities brought on by those who seek unfettered drug use

Rocky mountain high report

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-02-2015 at 02:57 AM..

Old 11-02-2015, 05:32 AM

11,144 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Well its good that you acknowledge the evidence that people ARE being murdered for marijuana... Or shall we say more accurately for the control of a drug distribution network. The Colorado experiment and those other states that have it also show that any legalization comes with violent consequences.. Crime..robbery ..quality of life crime. Legalizing it won't make those disappear... Evidence out there shows illegal marijuana production increased geometrically... And in the case of some Colorado cities makes their crime much worse... Also why 70 percent of Colorado cities and counties choose no way.. Or heavily restricted its use.
Your solution and supposition is legalization will increase supply and illegal production will subside. Nothing could be further from the truth. It could happen..but from all available evidence so far this is not the case... The illegal producers will continue unabated.. Follow the money... And in a twist of perfect capitalism.. Too much profit.. It's not like drug users wont cheat.. Many have been for years..and we see in Colorado buying unregulated dope is cheaper
Unlike alcohol which I think it a horrible drug the purpose of mj is to get the high... There are states of being high... But high is the purpose. Mj afficiandos only want to get "higher" which is why they immediately went to edibles and honey oil production
Proponents always want to paint a positive picture so they consistently deny or downplay any negative aspect of widespread pot use.

Another intoxicant? Really.. Like we need more ?

Monsanto
Archer Daniels Midland
Con Agra
Phizer
Ef Lilly
Squibb

Call me when they have it

This week we had another mj store robbed... It specialized ..well it only sold to.. The pot community. The suspects dressed as fake dea agents...abet poorly... Got the safe..AND got the dope on premise

Continue snarkey personal attacks?
Or face the evidence..real evidence.. Not something conjured up in a swirl of mj smoke

Most of America hasn't experienced the full effects of mj widespread use.. When and if they do they will go the way of areas that have... Because this is what we see over and over.. Control regulate and make illegal activities brought on by those who seek unfettered drug use

Rocky mountain high report
Murder, robbery, larceny, and burglary have all gone down in Colorado. Overall, crime has gone down in Colorado. In other words, you have no idea what you are talking about - or you are trying to convince people of something that isn't true, which has been your purpose throughout the conversation on marijuana so we shouldn't be surprised.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:46 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Murder, robbery, larceny, and burglary have all gone down in Colorado. Overall, crime has gone down in Colorado. In other words, you have no idea what you are talking about - or you are trying to convince people of something that isn't true, which has been your purpose throughout the conversation on marijuana so we shouldn't be surprised.

He lives in Northern California and hates marijuana because of how the ILLEGAL marijuana trade has taken over much of his County and others. So his limited experiences are with illegal growers/dealers (and from the LEO perspective)-I'm not sure why he is always talking about Colorado like he actually knows what is going on there. You cannot compare the two.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Stop putting out bold face false information

Pot heads are not jailed... Haven't been for thirty or more years.. They get a ticket if they possess illegally
Maybe so in your neck of the woods, but in Oklahoma it's a fact people are arrested when found in first time possession of marijuana and charged with a misdemeanor. All subsequent possessions are felonies with a 2 to 10 year prison sentence. To get out of it, you have to hope the county district attorney will let you in drug court and that you perform the requirements. The people who don't meet drug court requirements have to go prison. But Oklahoma prisons are overcrowded. So, notmeofficer, what tax should Oklahoma raise in order to build more prisons to put drug users in? Should the state sales tax be raised by a penny? IF so, it would require a state wide vote of the people.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 11-02-2015 at 10:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies