Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2015, 09:29 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I don't use cannabis.
For someone who claims not to use marijuana... You vigorously and repeatedly defend it.. You claim expertise about it.. Yoir threads show you want it...You claim need from chemo.. You are immersed in it

Hard to believe you aren't a user... If so.. Why not.. ???

Old 10-31-2015, 09:44 PM

11,144 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
For someone who claims not to use marijuana... You vigorously and repeatedly defend it.. You claim expertise about it.. Yoir threads show you want it...You claim need from chemo.. You are immersed in it

Perhaps he's just intelligent enough to:
A) realize that prohibition of any substance does nothing but make it more desired.
B) understand that having laws against a plant is idiocy.
C) realize the hypocrisy of people who claim that marijuana is so bad for society yet ignore the damage being done by substances which are far more dangerous yet remain legal.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times
Quote:

That's right, I have loads of experience with it, hence why I think the prohibition of cannabis is not only a waste of my tax dollars, why I think that it is ridiculous that it is a schedule 1, feel that people should have access to it for medical use, and after witness the damages of alcohol addiction, find it HIGHLY ironic that cannabis is illegal, and booze is not. . . not only that, but booze is ingrained into our culture.

As a teen, we used to really enjoy cannabis as a tool, as an enhancer, and hell, because it was just plain fun. It makes you feel good. I grew out of it, went on with life, didn't ever want to jeopardize a career or future over it and moved on with life. Years later, after getting sick, and it was an option, I said why not. I use to laugh at the whole medical aspect saying that they just wanted to get high until I became on of the people that used medically. It was better than the RX drugs they had me on, many of which were to mitigate the side effects of chemo. I changed my mind on it. I, unlike some people, have the ability to think, reconsider, reflect and adapt accordingly. Because I am knowledgeable about cannabis doesn't make me a doper, it makes my literate on the topic, more so than someone with NO experience with the plant besides arresting people for it. I am not a horse with blinders.

If I had a reason to use at the moment, I would be, but I don't so I don't. that's MY choice to use/NOT use. Do you have an issue with my choice of what I should do with MY body when I want to?

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 10-31-2015 at 10:26 PM..

Old 10-31-2015, 10:17 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Perhaps he's just intelligent enough to:
A) realize that prohibition of any substance does nothing but make it more desired.
B) understand that having laws against a plant is idiocy.
C) realize the hypocrisy of people who claim that marijuana is so bad for society yet ignore the damage being done by substances which are far more dangerous yet remain legal.
Bingo. Thank you.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
That's right, I have loads of experience with it, hence why I think the prohibition of cannabis is not only a waste of my tax dollars, why I think that it is ridiculous that it is a schedule 1, feel that people should have access to it for medical use, and after witness the damages of alcohol addiction, find it HIGHLY ironic that cannabis is illegal, and booze is not. . . not only that, but booze is ingrained into our culture.

As a teen, we used to really enjoy cannabis as a tool, as an enhancer, and hell, because it was just plain fun. It makes you feel good. I grew out of it, went on with life, didn't ever want to jeopardize a career or future over it and moved on with life. Years later, after getting sick, and it was an option, I said why not. I use to laugh at the whole medical aspect saying that they just wanted to get high until I became on of the people that used medically. It was better than the RX drugs they had me on, many of which were to mitigate the side effects of chemo. I changed my mind on it. I, unlike some people, have the ability to think, reconsider, reflect and adapt accordingly. Because I am knowledgeable about cannabis doesn't make me a doper, it makes my literate on the topic, more so than someone with NO experience with the plant besides arresting people for it. I am not a horse with blinders.

If I had a reason to use at the moment, I would be, but I don't so I don't. that's MY choice to use/NOT use. Do you have an issue with my choice of what I should do with MY body when I want to?

that guy claims he has dealt with thousands of pot arrest!!!! what a colossal waste of time, money and resources.. what I would like to know is how many of these pot hating hypocrites drink that liquid concoction that is 10 fold worse alcohol..!!!!

hope you beat the cancer, do what ever it takes.!!!! my uncle has cancer and was on chemo, he should try some bud to see if it helps with his appetite..

Old 11-01-2015, 01:24 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
You're the one that looks stupid. Go smoke a joint, life must really suck for you that you need to be high to get by.
You're the one hanging out with losers that eat weed brownies while at work. Who is stupid enough to do that, especially if they're a first timer? Why would you cover for him if you have such strong feelings about it? Seems that would have been the perfect opportunity to "teach em a lesson".

Sorry that you can't separate what happened to your friend with the Millions of other responsible MJ admirers.

It's sad that our country is in the midst of a legal drug overdose epidemic of epic proportions yet some people still think fighting a war against a plant that has been used medicinally by every human civilization in history is somehow necessary or appropriate because one substance has been dubbed "legal" by some men and the other "illegal".

You are only demonstrating your inability to think for yourself.

Overdose Death Rate Surges, Legal Drugs Are Mostly to Blame | Alternet

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 11-01-2015 at 01:34 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 04:09 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,254 times
Quote:
I watched him eat a very tiny square. He said it tasted gross, was on a near empty stomach and threw up water later in the night. He was a first timer. The guy that gave it to him was high out of his mind.
So he got it from a guy that was high and SAID it came from a dispensary ?

There is NO way he ate a TINY piece and it had that effect, maybe you SAW him eat a tiny piece but he already had eaten a big chunk.

You and Fin are a trip, you do understand ALL of your "evidence" would be thrown out in court as hearsay.

Getting high at work, well that shows what kind of person he is.

You really believe he was a "first timer" ... REALLY ?

Old 11-01-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:

I have not smoked Marijuana in many years, I used to smoke it often and preferred it to alcohol, NEVER have a blackout, NEVER get sick from it, NEVER do anything you wouldn't otherwise do, NEVER have a hangover, NEVER get violent, ALL of which are common with alcohol.

Even though I have not smoked in many years I fully support legalization.

WHY did I stop? I didn't like the high any longer, legality had nothing to do with it..

Old 11-01-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
You're the one that looks stupid. Go smoke a joint, life must really suck for you that you need to be high to get by.
You say the same thing to the MILLIONS that have an alcohol drink after work?

How about the millions that take LEGAL pills scripted by their doctor ?

You really need to research the facts and not base your opinion on Reefer Madness propaganda.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:37 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
do you comprehend the problems that arise from having the largest prison population in the history of the world?

Do you comprehend the problems that arise from caging non-violent offenders in a for-profit system for possessing a god-given plant?

Do you comprehend the problems that arise when police officers are forced to spend the majority of their time chasing after non-violent offenders committing victimless crimes? Do you realize that murders/rapes solved are at an all time low even though technology/dna testing has progressed tremendously?
No, he most certainly does not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies