Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 12:26 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,109,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Firstly, I never used the term Christian terrorist. I said nutjob. You added the word terrorist. Do not put words into my mouth. You were hijacking the thread to take it towards terrorism.

my post was a response to text in the quran, and how a Christian nutjob, interprets Deuteronomy to place the blame of rape at the victim - & that if one is indoctrined enough into their religion, and takes some book written thousands of years ago, literally ~ it's not going to fit in today's society.

And just so we are clear, Islam has significant issues, that need to be addressed. I am also not islamophobic, like some of you.

Now, if only some of you were this passionate about all rape, we could start making a difference to reduce the appalling rates, regardless of what men might shout, in the act.

Totally agree with you.

The poster you are responding to likes to twist words, put words in others mouths, and embellish on what one says. If you noticed, s/he slowly hijacked the thread to make the thread about him/herself.

Old 12-11-2015, 12:33 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
One incident? You are mathematically challenged.
You are making this out to be habitual, it isn't but if you want to post articles about rape start with this one.

"She was one of two victims who addressed the media a day after a jury found Holtzclaw guilty of 18 of the 36 charges he faced, including four counts of rape in the first degree and four counts of forced oral sodomy."

Former police officer Daniel Holtzclaw convicted of rape - CNN.com

Old 12-11-2015, 12:35 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You're gay. So what? You think that makes you special? You're just another person. Because you're gay doesn't mean that you speak for an entire community.

How about getting back on track - the subject of the thread and you stop making this thread about you.

Grow up.
homophobe!!!!!

Old 12-11-2015, 12:36 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are making this out to be habitual, it isn't but if you want to post articles about rape start with this one.

"She was one of two victims who addressed the media a day after a jury found Holtzclaw guilty of 18 of the 36 charges he faced, including four counts of rape in the first degree and four counts of forced oral sodomy."

Former police officer Daniel Holtzclaw convicted of rape - CNN.com
No, I was saying that this isn't the first and only incident of Muslims engaged in crime under the guise of their religion.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
white women matter WWM.. new movement.

Old 12-11-2015, 01:57 PM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I can't speak for all of them, but in regards to the radicals, man talk about a miserable existence! It seems that in reality they have insecurity issues, and feel they need to use force to get sex! What I don't understand is how ANY woman could get behind that type of ideology, and allow themselves to be subjected to these freaks?
The only Muslims I really respect are the ones that either reject the stupid rules about no drinking and enjoying life and the ones that reject that whole kill and rape justification crap. The rest of it with sticking your butt up in the air and your face in the dirt 5 times a day and pretend to pray to a Sky Daddy, alms for the poor, good works, aren't bad philosophy.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:41 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Yeah, blah, blah, blah. Thanks for going through the trouble of quoting the Quran, but the majority of Western Muslims realize that this is the 21st century.
Thank you for the kind words of support.
You did not offer any facts in rebuttal, though.
Muslims are taught that the Qur'an, like their prophet, is infallible. You cannot criticize either.
Furthermore, it is a capital offense to leave Islam.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:48 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Thank you for the kind words of support.
You did not offer any facts in rebuttal, though.
Muslims are taught that the Qur'an, like their prophet, is infallible. You cannot criticize either.
Furthermore, it is a capital offense to leave Islam.

the Quran is the words of corrupt men!! but to the gullible flock it's the words of god..

Old 12-11-2015, 02:50 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,489,236 times
If Muslims in Somalia believe it's OK to rape immodestly dressed women in their own country that's their business. I really don't care what they do in their land. But we shouldn't be bringing people with such beliefs to our country just because they are "pitiful" refugees.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:48 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,443,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The only way the rates will be reduced is if women arm themselves.
And there you have it folks! The ONLY way rape will diminish is if women arm themselves. NOT harsher penalties for rape. NOT educating young men about the horrors of rape, the meaning of consent, the idea that their dates and friends do not owe them sex in any way shape or form. NOT men policing themselves. NOT changing the culture that treats women's bodies as property, that treats women as less than men. NOT MEN NOT RAPING ANYMORE.

The problem is, was, and always shall be MEN WHO RAPE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies