Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 07:07 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And there you have it folks! The ONLY way rape will diminish is if women arm themselves. NOT harsher penalties for rape. NOT educating young men about the horrors of rape, the meaning of consent, the idea that their dates and friends do not owe them sex in any way shape or form. NOT men policing themselves. NOT changing the culture that treats women's bodies as property, that treats women as less than men. NOT MEN NOT RAPING ANYMORE.

The problem is, was, and always shall be MEN WHO RAPE.
I doubt a rapist gives a damn about the horrors they inflict upon their victims. Criminals in general care very little about their victims. If they did they wouldn't do it. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the word no means. Once again a criminal doesn't care if the victim says no.
I agree max punishment for convicted rapists.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:37 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, I was saying that this isn't the first and only incident of Muslims engaged in crime under the guise of their religion.
So there is a pattern of significant crimes in this respect that deserve our attention compared to........

Old 12-11-2015, 07:39 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,597,338 times
He definitely did it because he's Muslim.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:40 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,051 times
My question is what was he doing in North Dakota, I bet he fit in really well lol.. sad story thou.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:05 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
The problem is, was, and always shall be MEN WHO RAPE.

As one who doesn't really give a sheet about LGBT matters, your statement makes me curious if women (regardless of sexual orientation) get raped by women. Since you made the claim about MEN does this exempt WOMEN from also being rapists?

El Nox

Old 12-11-2015, 08:39 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
As one who doesn't really give a sheet about LGBT matters, your statement makes me curious if women (regardless of sexual orientation) get raped by women. Since you made the claim about MEN does this exempt WOMEN from also being rapists?

El Nox
Good point. There was an article on Female on Female sexual assualt in the Lesbian community in San Fransisco, it was higher then male on female numbers in the us as a whole.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:17 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times
This is a blatantly fake news source.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:28 AM

254 posts, read 145,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
This is a blatantly fake news source.
There's local mainstream news video in the link that clearly describes the story exactly as presented...

But sure, just keep the wool over your eyes.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:07 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
No, it isn't. Under Islam it is permissible to rape wives and captive women.

Qur’an 23:1-6—The Believers must (eventually) win through—those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity; who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess—for (in their case) they are free from blame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
So? I've had a Christian nutjob tell me if a woman is raped, and doesn't scream, it's her fault.
Quoted Deuteronomy 22:24
And he was serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Let me know when "Christian terrorists" decide to shoot a random group of men, women, and children where the attack would least be expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Firstly, I never used the term Christian terrorist. I said nutjob. You added the word terrorist. Do not put words into my mouth.
I wasn't putting words in your mouth.

Your response to Tyster suggested that Christians are as bad as Muslims.

That seems to be a big theme in this thread.

Quote:
I am also not islamophobic, like some of you.
Nobody here is any more Islamophobic than you are Christian-phobic.

You cite the Jewish Old Testament that addresses practices and attitudes that existed more than 2,000 years in order to bash the Christianity of today.

People do not rape in the name of Christ, but they do in the name of Allah.

Old 12-13-2015, 02:35 AM

196 posts, read 175,297 times
I feel like I'm in the middle of a fight on a playground at this point...See, I don't fit in with either the liberals or the conservatives because my beliefs are split. I believe everyone has all the rights they desire as long they don't harm another creature as long and they stay the heck away from me. I also think immigration at this point in the game is not a fiscally sound or a secure thing for the country to keep doing willy-nilly. (also to keep people away from me)

You know what...I get tired of stone throwing after a while. All religions are stupid beyond reason. Allah just happens to be the worst in a bunch of bad attempts to control and manipulate people. Christians have killed in the name of God but they've since earned enough money and learned to adapt their cover well enough to survive into modern times as a blessed version of Walmart. Plus, they give something back in the form of charity so I can't fault that.

Rape is wrong. Period. Anyone who jokes about it aught to have to look into the face of someone they love and make those same jokes. Shame on you.

I wish people would stop talking about 'merica this and 'merica that because this great nation was founded on the blood of broke ass people who were used as stepping stones by the rich, pseudo-religious and greedy. White people are ugly for their uppity attitudes and history of being a-holes. Black people are this. Mexicans are that. Jews are cheap. Chinese people are, hell I don't know; short? Everybody is hating someone for something.

You know why there are stereotypes? Because that stuff is TRUE. The problem is that nobody wants to let that **** go.
NO ONE WANTS TO CHANGE.

Basically, we all suck so bad none of us should be allowed to live here.

Since we're talking specifically about Muslims, the reason why people don't like them is because we see them as violent and nasty. We SEE it, therefore it is TRUE. So unless the Muslim faith up and decides to change then the stereotype will remain. How to change the world's perception of Allah? Beats me.. I see nothing in the Koran worth keeping but the paper for the wood stove.

Anyway, if every person here were of a different religion and we all had to learn to get along, wouldn't we all have to change a little? And in fairness, wouldn't we all need to agree to divide the changes equally? That's a big fail for the two party system and for religion... There's no one size fits all. So frustrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies