Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 09:26 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,559,268 times

Advertisements

Yes, link please.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:50 PM

834 posts, read 1,218,282 times
Friggin' mormon terrorists they are.

Send in some gunships and give them a few minutes to drop their weapons and leave. Then unleash hell on them while they expect Alex Jones to appear along with Joseph Smith. Bulldoze their sorry remains.

Confiscate their property and auction it off to rebuilt the park headquarters.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:07 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
They're anti-government right wing wannabe terrorists. They don't actually care what the Hammond clan wants, nor do they care about the actual facts of the case.
They aren't wannabes. They are practicing terrorists. When you take over a place with a private army and claim its over the misfortune of someone who pointedly doesn't want anything to do with you, then your being terrorists, albeit playing at it. The town has told them to go as well. They are not welcome. They are exactly a good reason why the guns they're toting should not be available. I bet it makes them feel all powerful, strutting around with their big boy toys. NOT unlike the converts to Isis who like to shout and shoot and behead because they've convinced themselves they are right.

These guys are there for a mission and have been abandoned by their cause, but the pictures of them trotting around with their machismo sticks remind me more of a bunch of bratty little kids who don't want to go home.

This is NOT going to further their supposed 'cause' in the least and likely harm it.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:16 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post

The Oregon 'Militia' Needs Food, So I Mailed Them Pictures Of It

A picture is worth a thousand words. It tastes like paper, though.
01/05/2016 11:43 am ET

Aaron Nemo
Comedy Writer, The Huffington Post

The Oregon 'Militia' Needs Food, So I Mailed Them Pictures Of It
One little problem here. The cops have them cornered. The mailman is going to just waltz right in with their munchies?

Old 01-06-2016, 12:29 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
I understand the protest, the BLM does more harm than good. I suppose it's drawing attention to the matter, but I don't see that it's doing much good. It's almost like the focus is off the Hammonds, who are sitting in jail forgotten. I think they should go home and organize a march to DC or something.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:43 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,868 times
Oathkeepers statement:

URGENT Warning on OR Standoff: Military Special OP Assets Have Been Assigned for Standoff. Get All Children Out of There Immediately

2056 0 0 94 by Stewart Rhodes , January 5, 2016

Oath Keepers has received very credible information from an active duty source within the special operations community that at least one SOD-X (Reserve/National Guard Special Operations Detachment, see this, this, and this) unit under the command of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) has been tasked for this standoff at the Malheur Wildlife Reserve and moved to the area. Given this, we should expect that other special operations assets, such as Delta Force, will also be involved if the Obama Administration decides to give the green light on a military raid/strike. And we should expect the presence of the infamous FBI HRT (which were present at both Ruby Ridge and Waco).

Due to this, anyone who has children there, at the wildlife refuge, needs to get them out immediately, and DO NOT take any more children there for any reason (and we do know that some children, including a baby, have been seen there). We do not need to have the risk of dead children in this incident. It is unconscionable and immoral for anyone to place children at risk of being in the middle of a firefight or military raid/strike on the armed men holding that federal wildlife refuge.

https://www.oathkeepers.org/urgent-w...e-immediately/

Old 01-06-2016, 01:51 AM

Sara Sidner ‏@sarasidnerCNN 7h7 hours ago

"If FBI comes I won't go with them. I won't go to jail. So I may not leave alive," armed protestor #oregonstandoff

Old 01-06-2016, 02:03 AM

Bundy-ist LaVoy Finicum is now known in the twitterverse as 'Tarp Man'

Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 AM

Warning from the Birding Community to the Terrorists in Oregon: We're Watching You

By Norwegian Chef
Tuesday Jan 05, 2016 10:05 AM CST

Just a friendly warning from the birding and wildlife photography community to the Oregon terrorists. We are watching your every move, and we have been watching you for a long time. And yes absolutely you are domestic terrorists of the worst kind, and the truth about your decades of constant poaching of protected wildlife around Malheur and other wildlife refuges, national parks, national forests and BLM lands has been well-documented. For years those of us who are wildlife photographers, birdwatchers and carers of wildlife, have been documenting the activities of you poachers and criminals around many of our nation's wildlife refuges. With our powerful cameras, and ability to move unseen in the wilderness, we have found and documented your illegal hunts, your illegal traps and all sorts of illicit activities, and are constantly feeding that information to law enforcement, and we have finally got many of you poachers on the run and into jails.

Warning from the Birding Community to the Terrorists in Oregon: We're Watching You

Admittedly the article is from a leftist source.

I for one "strongly suspect" that the instant this armed invasion took place multiple stealthy, greyhaired, innocuous looking PhD-types who intimately know the land of the occupied territory spontaneously took up observation posts.

And I would not be surprised if the Audubon Society just happened to have a comms system that works when that of the Yeehawdists' goes down.

I've waiting for something like this article to emerge on the internet to publicly *ahem* "speculate" here about such activities.

Readers can laugh all they want about finicky, dapper old Jane Hathaway types vs the Mormohadeen, and yes it is funny.

But at this moment there are some fanatically dedicated wildlife-lovers and -defenders out there, unarmed except for cameras and comms, enduring the cold and knowing that they are very likely to fall into the sights of some off-his-meds ar15-wielding stolen-valor wannabe warrior who has nothing to lose.

The birders and other nature lovers are prepared to die, but not to kill. It's their ethos, and an honorable one.

Bravo for the Birdwatchers, perhaps the only Heros present.

Last edited by goodmockingbird; 01-06-2016 at 03:56 AM..

Old 01-06-2016, 03:09 AM

Ammon Bundy is back on twitter:

Ammon Bundy ‏@Ammon_Bundy 10m10 minutes ago
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

- Thomas Jefferson

7 retweets 6 likes
Reply Retweet 7
Like 6
More

Ammon Bundy ‏@Ammon_Bundy 2h2 hours ago
This isn't going to end until we get our public lands back. #CitizensForConstitutionalFreedom
16 retweets 22 likes
Reply Retweet 16
Like 22
More

Ammon Bundy ‏@Ammon_Bundy 4h4 hours ago
That is how America was started and we need to keep that tradition alive. #CitizensForConstitutionalFreedom
33 retweets 51 likes
Reply Retweet 33
Like 51
More

I missed that part in history class where America was started by revolutionaries who expected snackfoods to be delivered to them via British government pony express.

But I dimly recall that George Washington did take over a gift shop at a wildlife refuge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies