Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 11:39 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,077,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Guns have no purpose, only a user has a purpose.

Guns are used millions of times a year to protect individuals from attackers. Why do you want women, seniors and the disabled to not be able to protect themselves from stronger attackers?
Millions...really? Where are the stats on these millions. And why don't you think women and seniors can't protect themselves. They aren't helpless you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 11:43 PM

794 posts, read 819,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How does it waste your time. If saving a few lives...even one... goes against our civil rights, isn't it worth it. Aren't lives more important. Tell me, how many lives have you saved by owing guns.
Terribly hypocritical argument in light of the fact that your posting from an electronic device that is made by asian slave labor who often commit suicide due to horrid conditions. Google "suicide nets Iphone".

Like that garment you're wearing? It was probably made by bangladeshi child labor.

Wouldn't the right thing to do be to refuse to use/wear products that by boycotting might save even one life?

Didn't think so.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Terribly hypocritical argument in light of the fact that your posting from an electronic device that is made by asian slave labor who often commit suicide due to horrid conditions. Google "suicide nets Iphone".

Like that garment you're wearing? It was probably made by bangladeshi child labor.

Wouldn't the right thing to do be to refuse to use/wear products that by boycotting might save even one life?

Didn't think so.
LOL what are you talking about.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
LOL what are you talking about.
What part are you having trouble understanding?

Old 01-04-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
What part are you having trouble understanding?
Your whole post

Old 01-04-2016, 11:51 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Millions...really? Where are the stats on these millions. And why don't you think women and seniors can't protect themselves. They aren't helpless you know.
Last time I checked, women and seniors are at a Matabele disadvantage compared to men, especially crime aged men (16-30). If you want to lie to yourself and pretend men and women are physically equal then I can't help you.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Last time I checked, women and seniors are at a Matabele disadvantage compared to men, especially crime aged men (16-30). If you want to lie to yourself and pretend men and women are physically equal then I can't help you.
Show me the link about the millions. Otherwise you are lying, right

Old 01-04-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Your whole post
Ok, let me clarify - your argument that "isn't saving just one life worth it" applies to you as well.

By being an American consumer, you enable and support by proxy needless death. Are you unaware of the labor and conditions that labor suffers under that allow you that iPhone (or similar device), the clothes you buy, etc?

Your argument "isn't saving just one life" doesn't apply to you yourself?

Old 01-04-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Ok, let me clarify - your argument that "isn't saving just one life worth it" applies to you as well.

By being an American consumer, you enable and support by proxy needless death. Are you unaware of the labor and conditions that labor suffers under that allow you that iPhone (or similar device), the clothes you buy, etc?

Your argument of "isn't saving just one life" doesn't apply to you yourself?
Oh good grief, we are talking about background checks on guns. Start another thread if you want to change the subject

Old 01-04-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Oh good grief, we are talking about background checks on guns. Start another thread if you want to change the subject
So much for "saving just one life" I guess...

"Save just one life" as long as it doesn't affect you personally, huh..

I mean, those iPhones ARE super nice after all lol... totally worth a few factory worker suicides for such a convenient and hip product...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies