Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:13 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
How does this post show that? All it did was show that open carry isn't the perfect solution you gun fetishists think it is; plus it poked fun at a gun nut, which is not allowed. Sorry if I hurt the wittle feewings of the big bad, open carry "heroes"

First off, I don't open carry. I have one pistol for home protection, and that to the anti-gun nuts makes me a
gun fetish, shows how ignorant they are. I believe in the 2nd amendment and the rights that American have to own guns. Liberals like yourself are all for taking away American rights. Yes, it shows that most of you haven't a clue about guns, and the rights we have as Americans. And the "wittle feewings"BS is childish.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:24 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
No One has every grabbed your gun and no one has threatened to grab your gun and no ever said they would grab your gun sooooooooooooo you tell me what your post makes you? Are you going to fess up or just continue to parrot Faux New and The Multimillionaire CEO of the NRA? A REAL Man admits when he is wrong.
Humm Liberal -V-Conservative?
Slavery was ended .. By a Liberal.. ( Yes a Republican Liberal who was murdered by a conservative )
Interesting as well Jesus Christ would have been considered BY DEFINITION a LIBERAL and He Too was MURDERED By Conservatives..
Liberals made possible ..
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work week
Safer working conditions
The GI Bill of Rights ( Conservatives voted against this Bill Vehemently... Especially The Life Time Health Care for WOUNDED WARRIORS and the Continuing Education portions)
Womens Right to Vote ( a few of the ladies here might appreciate that one huh?)
Blacks Right to Vote
Social Security ( which brought MIILLIONS of Americas Elderly Out Of POVERTY!)
We worked to End Segregation and did just that.. ( or the only college's with winning athletic teams today would be Black College's ! )
Passed the civil rights act.
Passed the voting rights act.
Produced the Medicare System
Clean water act
Clean air act
Those are just a few of the Things provided for by LIBERALS ... and Each and EVERY ONE OF THEM WAS VEHEMENTLY OPPOSSED BY Conservatives....
What have those PO_ Conservatives done for us?
The Great Depression .. GWBushs' depression .. 6 Middle East Wars ....Reduced the tax burden of the Top 5% and increased it on the middle 60%... Lowered Working Class Wages .. Sent American Jobs to Mexico and China( Yes it was GH Bush who wheeled and dealed NAFTA and Signed all 3 copies before he left office ) It Was Richard M Nixon who opened Trade with CHINA..

What a waste of time typing all of this BS.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:47 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,791,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
LMAO!!! Wondering what the gun nuts would say about THIS? A good guy with a gun, uh, wait
#1 Gun unloaded
#2 Not stupid
#3 Unlike you.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:54 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Mcgregor, we all have to admit there are some very ignorant people trying to propose or pass legislation regarding guns. You can simply look on YouTube for proof of that.

It is one thing to propose legislation regarding a topic you understand. It is quite another thing to just make things up as you go. Recall the "shoulder thing that goes up" remark?

This has nothing to do with the NRA or Fox News or your list of accomplishments.
Glad you had that mess figured out......what a bunch of confusion mixed with BS!

Old 01-04-2016, 09:24 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,304,561 times
Open carry is not the smartest thing to do, especially in a high crime area.

This proves nothing.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
First off, I don't open carry. I have one pistol for home protection, and that to the anti-gun nuts makes me a
gun fetish, shows how ignorant they are. I believe in the 2nd amendment and the rights that American have to own guns. Liberals like yourself are all for taking away American rights. Yes, it shows that most of you haven't a clue about guns, and the rights we have as Americans. And the "wittle feewings"BS is childish.
Actually when I lived in America, I had a CCW, and I DO know quite a bit about guns, yes even liberals carry; and never once advocated totally taking everyone's guns away, ,so I have to laugh at the gun nuts that take every criticism of certain types gun owners to mean 'we all want to take everyone's guns away" I know tons of liberals still in America, and none of them, myself included, would deny anyone's right to defend themselves. My only point is that certain pro-gun types take it too far, but that in no way means I want to take everyone's guns away!! I figured the OP would get the pro-gunners all worked up, yet they can insult and laugh at all those that are anti-gun with no problem.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
#1 Gun unloaded
#2 Not stupid
#3 Unlike you.
Awwww did I get your widdle feelings all hurt that you have to result to calling me stupid

#1 I had CCW when I lived in America, and made safety priority one
#2 I also know how to fight like a man and NOT have to hide behind a gun
#3 unlike you

Old 01-04-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I'm not sure what you're confused about. Nobody has every claimed that an armed citizen is 100% invincible. In any case, since you've decided to keep score, that's 1 armed victim to 1 bazillion unarmed victims. If you have some sort of anti-gun agenda, you've failed spectacularly.

That website looks like it was designed in 1995 by an 8 year old with a freshly acquired copy of "HTML for Dummies". I'm not sure what that says about the kind of people who go there. You do the math.
I didn;t design the page, nor am I a reader of the site, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the story. It's just that on CD all you read about is that the more armed people, the safer the world is, ignoring the fact that in 2015 alone the U$ had what, 355 incidents classified as mass shootings, and what, less that 2 dozen articles of the good guy stopping bad. Not sure why the gun nuts are so defensive about the article, because if it was an article about an anti-gun liberal looking foolish, everyone would be all giggles and laughs. Not so funny when it's the other way around I guess

Old 01-04-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Guns dont make you invincible? Whoa?! Thanks for the revelation.
Not saying you personally, but I hear and read a lot of folks that actually say they pretty much do. I had CCW, why I never felt safe with all the open carry people, who appeared to be just itching for a fight

Old 01-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Here is how.

What does "open carry" have to do with this?

NOTHING indicates he was practicing "open carry". He was merely showing his new gun to his cousin in the driveway of a private home. The original reports say nothing of him actually carrying the gun in "open carry" style.

Out of curiosity, would you think it's that funny when a woman dressed provocatively is raped?

I'd guess the thug would have taken wallets and any jewelry in place of the gun had the gun not been there.

Talk about grasping at straws.

-------------

Woman shoots man trying to rob her at gas station - Houston Chronicle

When a man with a knife jumped into the car of this woman at a gas station down the road from my house, she was able to grab her gun and shoot him thus avoiding robbery, rape and\or murder.

Clear proof that sometimes guns are the answer.
Defensive much?
1-I never said guns were never the answer-I used to carry in America. What does your link have to do with the OP? Two different scenarios
2-Point is, he had his gun on him and was robbed nonetheless by being careless, who cares if he open carrying or what, point is, it's too easy in america for those careless types to get access to guns
3- as far as the dress provocatively comment, of course not, but that in no way has anything to do with the story, and the fact that you even equate that scenario and some careless gun owner says all I need to know about you and how you think-or don;t think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies