Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 03:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

The Muslims who migrated to America from the 1950s to the 1990s are not like those entering Germany, Sweden, Paris, etc. today. People who migrated before seemed grateful to be here. Many of these immigrants are coming from hell hole conditions, are angry, and are unwilling to assimilate.

They're in beautiful places where they can roam freely about, and they're throwing trash and feces out the windows, leaving communities look like ghettos. In Sweden, they are angry that they are not living in an apartment, but in a sleeping bag inside of a tent. Recent immigrants to the U.S. demand jobs, and sometimes complain that the money they make at the job they've gotten isn't enough to feed their wife and fourteen children. I'm not exaggerating, this was but one interview I saw. Most people don't make enough to feed sixteen mouths, but they're going to get angry about that.

Rapes have gone up in some of the countries and the crimes are being committed by the same group of men. The answer is - stay off the street and don't walk alone, just as the answer to those born in France who are Jewish, was to move to Israel where they will be safer. Why are the natural born citizens the ones being told what to do? Because they are the only ones the government seems to be able to control.

Anyone who thinks it isn't a problem and simply a reflection of a small percentage of bad apples needs to read more outside of their local news. There's a whole mess of a world out there you haven't kept up with.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:07 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
None of these links make any mention of the perpetrators' religion (though they do cause me to be less inclined to want to admit Puerto Rico as a state), so why do you assume they are Christian?
Spare me.

Face reality and not the PC world: The Puerto Rican and Dominican attackers in NYC were Christians and Arab, north African attackers in Cologne were Moslem.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:14 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The Muslims who migrated to America from the 1950s to the 1990s are not like those entering Germany, Sweden, Paris, etc. today. People who migrated before seemed grateful to be here. Many of these immigrants are coming from hell hole conditions, are angry, and are unwilling to assimilate.

They're in beautiful places where they can roam freely about, and they're throwing trash and feces out the windows, leaving communities look like ghettos. In Sweden, they are angry that they are not living in an apartment, but in a sleeping bag inside of a tent. Recent immigrants to the U.S. demand jobs, and sometimes complain that the money they make at the job they've gotten isn't enough to feed their wife and fourteen children. I'm not exaggerating, this was but one interview I saw. Most people don't make enough to feed sixteen mouths, but they're going to get angry about that.

Rapes have gone up in some of the countries and the crimes are being committed by the same group of men. The answer is - stay off the street and don't walk alone, just as the answer to those born in France who are Jewish, was to move to Israel where they will be safer. Why are the natural born citizens the ones being told what to do? Because they are the only ones the government seems to be able to control.

Anyone who thinks it isn't a problem and simply a reflection of a small percentage of bad apples needs to read more outside of their local news. There's a whole mess of a world out there you haven't kept up with.
When you can just run into Europe, of course there is not much to be grateful about.
Easy things don't feel like hard earnings.

To come to US, there is no running neither swimming.
It takes a lot of time and documentation so something to be grateful about.
It's like winning a lotto vs free food in Europe nowadays.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
When you can just run into Europe, of course there is not much to be grateful about.
Easy things don't feel like hard earnings.

To come to US, there is no running neither swimming.
It takes a lot of time and documentation so something to be grateful about.
It's like winning a lotto vs free food in Europe nowadays.
Yes, and actually I think there was a lottery system in place here for a time with people needing to already have family here before they were allowed to enter the country.

Also, many of them came from places they had already taken refuge in, such as Panama, so had already assimilated once in their lives.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:17 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Germany and most of the Germans seem to be quite pleased with their continued support of Merkle and her plan. At this point, my sympathy for them has started to run dry.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:20 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
More than 1/2 of the people in the Roman Empire were slaves.
That is what those Bible verses refer to.

And yes, people used the Bible as propaganda to support slavery.
Does that make it ok ?

Our politicians today are chock full of propaganda to convince people that something is either 'right' or 'wrong' in the government's eye.
Why would that make it ok? That's horrific that scripture was used that way! Fanatics will use scripture to justify whatever they want.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Only the US has moved away from assimilation in favor of diversity.
So history doesn't count anymore.
Of course it does. It demonstrates that first generation immigrants usually have a difficult time learning the language of their new country, especially the older generations, and that language facility comes to the youngest ones, and especially the following generations. And recent history shows that although the 3rd generation (those usually born in the adopted country) may take pride in their traditions (or not) and celebrate their heritage, they're still much more Americanized than their cousins back in the old country.

You can learn a lot from history. It does tend to keep its relevance, even in the face of changing conditions.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:29 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,910,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
REVEALED: 1,000+ Migrants Brawl, Rape, Sexually Assault, And Steal At ONE German Train Station On New Year's Eve

This isn't getting covered in the mainstream media, or if it is, it's as a brief mention. Appears that a mass crowd of over a thousand migrant men from North Africa and Middle East groped, tore clothing off of, and even raped German women as the women tried to reach the train station on New Year's Eve.

Wonder why this is being downplayed in the media? No report of it on NPR, CNN, NYT whatsoever. And it happened five days ago.
NYTimes reported this. Sorry don't have a link.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Past actions doesn't necessarily mean the same will occur in the future, especially since we have different groups migrating to Europe in much greater numbers recently than in the past.

Some insight on what's happening here in the US and Europe.

America's Muslims Aren't as Assimilated as You Think
This is a good article that deserves its own thread. It starts off with the expectation that Muslim immigrants in the US would leave their religion behind at some point. This is an odd expectation. No other immigrant group that I know of has had that expectation of them from American society. As I said before, Russians and other Orthodox populations have their churches, East Asian Buddhists have their temples, etc., and no one has ever seen anything wrong with that.

The important point is does make is that it was Americans' reaction to Muslim immigrants among them post-9/11 that led the younger generations, some of them US-born, to adopt the hijab and to become closer to their spiritual community, after drifting away! Pre-9/11, according to the article, when Americans were accepting of their Muslim neighbors, or indifferent at worst, the communities were gradually assimilating. Upon suddenly encountering hostility from the dominant society, they drew closer to each other for support and comfort (a natural reaction), and this set the stage for the later radicalization of some.

The article actually supports the argument for tolerance, probably unwittingly. That is a crucial point it makes.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:29 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,491,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It could have been anyone; frat boys on a drunken spree, skinheads, anyone. The thing is, some incidents of this general type are so common in our society, that people tend not to notice or think much of it. That's why you have no idea what he's talking about.
So common in our society? The incident the poster was referring too was 15 years ago.

You should change your name to Ruth4Lies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Well, I can speak for myself only, but there is a reason I bring it up over and over again. It is because there has been a growing belief in the US that if we could just keep the Muslims out of our country, we'd be safer. Now, I have to admit that I am not a trained historian, but I've studied countries that were wreaked by sectarian violence, and universally this sort of rhetoric and "othering" was always used to justify the initial outburst of violence. That isn't really the sort of country I want to live in, so it alarms me.
I would not mind you leaving and living in one of those great Muslim countries. I think you would be back quick, if they did not kill you for trying to leave....

Quote:
Second, I don't believe that isolating and marginalizing people based solely on their religion serves to make us safer.
Nobody cared about Muslims in the United States until Muslims decided to start attacking us and the ones, such as yourself, who did not attack made excuses for those that perpetrated and supported the attacks and kept trying to blame Christians.

And it is not just the United States, it is in a lot of countries over a large geographic area. The attacks vary from rape to mass murder. And every time you try to blame shift. People are not as stupid as you think they are.

Quote:
I'd sooner see us judge individuals on their own words and actions, rather than what we assume they think and believe.
We are judging by the actions. The actions of the murderers from the Boston Marathon, to London, to Paris to San Bernadino and so on. You are the one with Empty. Hollow. Words.

Quote:
Third, sometimes it does seem as though people here are trying to make the claim that victims of thuggery or violence are not equal. It sounds to me like Old Guard was saying (and Old Guard, maybe this isn't fair) that the victims of the thugs in Cologne are somehow more deserving of our sympathy than the victims of the mob I witnessed in Moscow because the thugs in Cologne were not locals, but the thugs in Moscow likely were (and this is making HUGE assumptions based solely on the color of skin of the thugs).
Firstly I am not even going to comment on the skinheads in Moscow because I have a problem with a Russian that wears a Swastika. I also have a hard time taking your word for anything because I think you are the closest I have ever come to proving that Muslims think it is OK to lie to non-Muslims to further their agenda.

There is also a difference in refugees doing this to people opening their arms and offering them food and shelter, and in this case money, to help them as opposed to teenagers joining gangs.

You may think it is the same, and it may be but my response is to stop accepting refugees period. It is clear they are not that desperate nor appreciative if they are sexually assaulting and raping. They can go home and do that.

Quote:
In my mind, who the thug is does not change the degree of pain that a victim feels or make one more or less guilty.

In the end, profiling or stereotyping people neither makes us safer nor leads to a greater understanding of the issues we are dealing with. I prefer to judge people on their actions.
Me too, like resisting police, trashing places, stealing, being ungrateful and sexually molesting and raping women. But it does not seem like you wish to judge by the actions, but to blame Christians and Skinheads.
Quote:
The Bible was used to justify slavery.
This is true, it was also used to justify the freeing of the slaves and to setup the governments that offer freedom and equality in this world today. Unlike the most Muslim countries on the planet.

But the Quran was also used to justify slavery and that continues to this day:

https://www.nytimes.com/books/01/03/...04hochsct.html

So again, a swing at Christians and a quick reality check for our local collaborator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Sure, at least one, and probably more were Christian immigrants. Others were native born Christians from the mainland. Still others were native born Christians from an outlying Commonwealth. Here are some links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto...Parade_attacks
Guilty Plea in Central Park Attacks - ABC News
New Nation News - Central Park gang sex-assult suspects
:: THE STREET HARASSMENT PROJECT ::

Other than the fact that the ethnic group(s) perpertrating these attacks were overwhelmingly Christian and not Moslem, they are 100% identical to what happened in Cologne:

- A few juiced up, alcohol fueled men from related Alpha male cultures (all Christian) start attacking women in an anonymous environment
- Mob mentality snowballs and more males join in, which triggers still more attacks as more males are "egged on"
-Purses, cell phones, and cameras are stolen. Women are repeatedly groped to varying degrees of severity, women's shirts are pulled off, one instance of rape etc.

Yet, nobody identifies the attackers as "Christians", though I bet all of them were.
You "bet all of them were"? Well that sounds like proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Also did you look at the date on this incident? I mean really, if this is the best example I find it a little reassuring.

Quote:
Why would that make it ok? That's horrific that scripture was used that way! Fanatics will use scripture to justify whatever they want.
It was also used to free the slaves. Educate yourself. Start with John Brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies