Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 10:33 AM

47,020 posts, read 26,088,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Look up some of the things Judge Darby who has since resigned has to say about the outcome.

Don't you find it strange LaVoy was known to carry a holstered gun on his right hip and at times a shoulder holster.......why would a man known for this behavior all of a sudden put a gun in a jacket pocket. If one knows anything about denim fleece jackets they don't have inside pockets!

Plus, they have offered to different places the gun was, was it in a shoulder holster as they first said, or was it in a pocket......or was this just all made up? I find it strange a man that was known to shoot revolvers, all of a sudden goes for a 9mm to have a shoot out with cops. I realize I am a girl, but I would not even own a 9mm, I find revolvers to be much more precise and easier for me to shoot.
There are photos of the gun, in the pocket.

But it doesn't matter, in real life. When you've declared your intent to go down fighting, have run one roadblock already, have barely missed a police officer at a second roadblock and you then run towards law enforcement when yelling "You'll have to shoot me!" while grabbing for your jacket zipper, officers are not expected to run down a mental checklist regarding your preferred choice of firearm and way of carrying it. He could have reached for anything, he could have been unarmed, and the shooting would still be justified.

I don't recall any law enforcement saying the gun was in shoulder holster, btw.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Look up some of the things Judge Darby who has since resigned has to say about the outcome.
Darby isn't a judge, never was. He's a sad old delusional man with a cargo cult understanding of law.

Doubt me? This is his "Oath of Office", and it's glorious...

https://fourcornersdoctrine.files.wo...ourt-judge.pdf

That's some authentic Sovereign Citizen gibberish right there.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:54 AM

19,736 posts, read 10,166,623 times
Have to wonder if the bullet hole in the roof of the vehicle, came from inside the vehicle?
I don't know how the LEOs could have got that angle.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 AM

Ryan Bundy to represent himself in court. Another cunning plan.

https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/st...27079009841152

Old 03-09-2016, 11:51 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,115,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Just a guess, but maybe the FBI agents fired shots at a truck filled with armed domestic terrorists that had been threatening to kill LEO for several weeks speeding toward them after fleeing from a traffic stop. Is it really a big mystery?
So you are ok with shooting at people that have their hands up in the air, duly noted. The question still remains, why did they lie to the investigators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Have to wonder if the bullet hole in the roof of the vehicle, came from inside the vehicle?
I don't know how the LEOs could have got that angle.
They can, and did determine the trajectory of the bullets, they know it didn't come from inside the vehicle, or from any of the state troopers. They presented a diagram of all of the bullet trajectories during the press conference if you are interested in viewing it.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,240,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So you are ok with shooting at people that have their hands up in the air, duly noted. The question still remains, why did they lie to the investigators.

They can, and did determine the trajectory of the bullets, they know it didn't come from inside the vehicle, or from any of the state troopers. They presented a diagram of all of the bullet trajectories during the press conference if you are interested in viewing it.
His hands were not in the air while driving and trying to go over a snow bank to get past a roadblock.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:58 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
So you are ok with shooting at people that have their hands up in the air, duly noted.
Stop lying about this. If Finicum was trying to surrender, as "having his hands up in the air" implies, why didn't he drop to the ground as he was ordered to multiple times? Why did he keep telling them "Shoot me! You're gonna have to shoot me!" while reaching towards his pocket?

We've all see and now heard the videos. It makes no sense for you to continue lying as though we haven't.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:29 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,115,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
His hands were not in the air while driving and trying to go over a snow bank to get past a roadblock.
I never said they were in the air while he was driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Stop lying about this. If Finicum was trying to surrender, as "having his hands up in the air" implies, why didn't he drop to the ground as he was ordered to multiple times? Why did he keep telling them "Shoot me! You're gonna have to shoot me!" while reaching towards his pocket?

We've all see and now heard the videos. It makes no sense for you to continue lying as though we haven't.
It is an absolute fact that somebody (the sheriff's office investigation said it was the FBI) shot at Finicum while his hands were in the air. Did you even watch the video? The shots were fired at Finincum as soon as he exited the truck, and put his hands up. You can see it clearly in the video.

Here is a screen capture from the video. You can see Finicum with his hands in the air (in the cell phone footage in lower left corner). Note the time in the video is 15:03

Here is a screen capture that is the next frame of the video. Note the time in the video is still 15:03. Two distinct guns shots can be heard in the video at 15:03, then you can see that the side window of the truck has just turned white as it shatters when the bullet strikes it.

The video can be seen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWvvrB6mDwg

Last edited by stburr91; 03-09-2016 at 01:01 PM..

Old 03-09-2016, 01:43 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
It is an absolute fact that somebody (the sheriff's office investigation said it was the FBI) shot at Finicum while his hands were in the air. Did you even watch the video?
I've seen the videos. You didn't answer the question, though. If Finicum was trying to surrender, why didn't he get down on the ground immediately, as the LE clearly ordered him to do the instant he exited the vehicle, and continued to order him to as he blundered around in the snow shouting, "You're going to have to shoot me! Go ahead, shoot me!"

Does that sound like the actions of a man who was trying to surrender?

I'm really glad they released Shawna's video. It puts to rest this theory that Finicum was surrendering. His own words show convincingly that this is not so.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:54 PM

In other news, Roy Warden - who arranged a rally in Tucson to protest the Finicum shooting - appear to be a little upset with his fellow cosplaytriots.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/302683230/...d-Necked-HICKS

He mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies