Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 11:23 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,093,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
People cry out for information (NOW! NOW! NOW!), while investigations are still in progress, but those same people cry foul when the initial information (or speculation) is found to be inaccurate.
I'm not sure why it would take this long to report what happened to Bundy. It's strange that there hasn't been any report at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Who knows so lets speculate about everything. Sure, why not. Maybe the autopsy doesn't contain the results you're hoping for either.
What results were they hoping for? That he was actually still alive, if so, I'd say you're probably right.

This whole event has been nothing but speculation, and misinformation from the very beginning. Also throw in plenty of childish insults, and the sick cheering over the death of a man that hadn't hurt anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I find it hard to believe that with the family crying out that LaVoy was "murdered," if they had an autopsy report that shows he was shot eight times, that they would be holding that back. Their private autopsy has to have refuted those claims. There can be no other explanation.
Again, the number of times he was shot is irrelevant. They could be preparing for a lawsuit, or to file criminal complaint. Those could be possible explanations.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:46 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So now the final 4 are telling the militia to go home, and that if they try to get them out they will be "met with force".
It sounds like these idiots want to be martyrs.
Militia group backs down, billboards go up in support of law enforcement as fifth week of Oregon standoff comes to an end | OregonLive.com
It sure sounds like they're laying the groundwork, just like Mr. Finicum did. Personally, I hope there are no more human sacrifices for the 'cause.'

Human sacrifice is so passé nowadays, none of the up & coming religions suggest it.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:59 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A dirt path, needs only to be traveled to be maintained. If not the overgrowth, takes over any path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx1xwlcIkpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMvgFFkpVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOei_dBVC50

Old 02-06-2016, 12:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
All this violence, when no protester pointed a gun at anyone, but the government sure did.... To unarmed people, with no weapon pointed at them.....

Words.....

What is going to happen at the ambush point when 2000 + armed protesters ride up on horseback and walk up on them, or pass them calmly.

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch

The call to arms, as been made by the governments actions.....

Just think if every Ferguson protester were armed and peaceful.
The difference is, the Ferguson protest was not peaceful. There was aggression, with the weapons they had.
The witnesses at the SECOND road block that Levoy tried to get past said that he WAS armed. But I'm sure that you know more about the situation than the people that were actually there.

The last 4 at the refuge have told the additional militia to leave, and they would be fired upon if they came and tried to remove them.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:47 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The witnesses at the SECOND road block that Levoy tried to get past said that he WAS armed. But I'm sure that you know more about the situation than the people that were actually there.

The last 4 at the refuge have told the additional militia to leave, and they would be fired upon if they came and tried to remove them.
Trouble in paradise. It won't be long until the four of them are feuding among themselves. Isolation and subfreezing temperatures will do that. They may save the government the expense of trying them.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:52 PM

4,138 posts, read 2,835,898 times
Quote:
You need to find better unbiased sources...

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch
Yep, because the Bundy Ranch FB page is completely unbiased, right?

Old 02-06-2016, 02:05 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This whole event has been nothing but speculation, and misinformation from the very beginning.
True - but the misinformed speculation has been on the side of the Bundyites. They have now met reality face on, and reality is that the legal system isn't obliged to entertain their very personal interpretation of US law, let alone the Constitution.

Quote:
Also throw in plenty of childish insults, and the sick cheering over the death of a man that hadn't hurt anyone.
I keep hearing of this "cheering", but I have yet to see it. His death was foolhardy and unnecessary, but the choice was his. Everybody else came out of that roadblock alive.

And as for the insults, they're perhaps a bit cold-hearted, but regrettably they are well-earned. The occupiers behaved foolishly every step of the way - and firearms & fools don't mix well.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:27 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,112,559 times
They all seem to be from the shallow end of the gene pool. I just have to wonder if Finicum, thought they wouldn't shoot him when he didn't raise his hands. Or if he was serious when he said he would die before he went to jail. I hope that no one else dies. But I don't have much hope.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:31 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,179,477 times
It seems that Blaine Cooper attended the funeral yesterday unmolested by LE. I figured after the first week that the FBI is in this for the long haul, and that they had a plant in the group at the refuge.

In 2013 Cooper confronted John McCain and accused him of treason at a rally. Could he have been setting the stage for future events? He first met Ammon Bundy at the standoff at the Bundy Ranch in 2014, and they became friends. The fact that he hasn't been indicted even though he was a prominent figure in early reports out of Malheur suggests that maybe he has been let go to infiltrate other groups, now that he has shored up his street cred. He'll be worth watching for in the news.

Some unindicted refuge occupiers attend memorial for LaVoy Finicum | OregonLive.com

Old 02-06-2016, 03:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Ammon Bundy preaching @ Burns, is no different than Al Sharpton, yelling & preaching @ Ferguson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies