Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 01:59 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No.

Abortion is murder in the minds of many. I would rather it not exist.

I understand it is legal. I do not want my money to be involved in facilities that do abortions.

We are telling you what the problem is - yet you continue making up these scenarios about enslaving women.

That's enough of discussing this for me for now.
the morality of abortion is subjective. wishing abortion didn't exist won't make it go away. abortion has been around since women became pregnant.

your measly tax dollars do not go towards abortions. wanting to think they do does not make it true.

when you take away a woman's choice you are putting restrictions, controls on them. that is a fact. you also hinder their paycheck and opportunity.

ahh "enough discussion" for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 02:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
If you don't want politicians - or anyone else - invading your vaginas, act responsibly, be self-controlled, and handle your own affairs.
There it is. More proof that men in the religious right want to tell women what to do. They have no idea what problems or challenges women may face....but they want to tell women how to act. They want to control women.

Such chutzpah. Such ego. Such arrogance.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-28-2016 at 02:17 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 02:36 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
If you don't want politicians - or anyone else - invading your vaginas, act responsibly, be self-controlled, and handle your own affairs.
How's this for being responsible? "Sorry, Dear, but since I can't be sure I won't get pregnant, I've decided we won't be having sex any more. Here's a magazine. Go enjoy yourself."

Since you don't want to help women obtain birth control in order to be "responsible," and since any form of birth control can fail anyway, and since you don't want abortion to be available on demand if it does, then all that's left is for women to simply deny men sex unless a child is the desired result.

Would you be good with that? Men get no sex whatsoever unless you and your partner are trying to have a child?

Seems like there is no other way for a woman to be "responsible and self-controlled" in your eyes.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:40 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There it is. More proof that men in the religious right want to tell women what to do. They have no idea what problems or challenges women may face....but they want to tell women how to act. They want to control women.

Such chutzpah. Such ego. Such arrogance.

Bless your heart...

Old 03-28-2016, 02:43 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Another non-issue. The government can choose not to subsidize abortion. There are plenty of women's health clinics that receive government funding that do not perform abortions. As for the physician issue, it makes perfect sense. I thought the goal of abortion was women's health and safety? So why fight a law the promotes safe abortions? They are just fighting this for the sake of politics.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Bless your heart...
Thank you. Especially if that's one of those passive-aggressive "Bless your heart" declarations that reek of insincerity. Getting one of those lets me know I'm on the right track.

May God bless your's as well. May he also open your ears so you can hear the message that the women of America are capable of making our own choices. God gave us brains as well as vaginas.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-28-2016 at 03:18 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 03:17 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Another non-issue. The government can choose not to subsidize abortion. There are plenty of women's health clinics that receive government funding that do not perform abortions. As for the physician issue, it makes perfect sense. I thought the goal of abortion was women's health and safety? So why fight a law the promotes safe abortions? They are just fighting this for the sake of politics.
The government does not subsidize abortion, it subsidizes health care for the clinics. The bottom line is that they are removing funding for some clinics because they hate the owners, in reality they are taking their anger for abortion out on poor women.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:49 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Behold the Republican version of an American utopia. No abortions for anyone except for rape (I guess those kids don't count) or medical necessity. No contraceptives for women who can't afford them. And no help for anyone who ends up having a kid for whom, in this Conservative utopia, both contraceptives and/or abortion were denied, with raising those kids they had no other option than to bear once they became pregnant. So basically, lots of desperate, hungry, homeless mothers and children.

Hey, I know, we could bring back work houses for them, like they had in 19th century England. Put those worthless little moochers to work for their gruel.

Meanwhile, all the men who impregnated those women (it doesn't happen without them, you know) get off scot free. But we have to be sure to punish the women who dared to have sex (again, no mention of men in this scenario) and the children who result.

It's no wonder we call your state Flori-DUH.
So few floridians agree with that man. Please don't think he represents our state. 😞

Old 03-28-2016, 10:56 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
This is why nobody likes republicans. They don't really represent personal liberty except for gun rights and maybe if you're lucky lower income taxes for the middle class, though more likely it will be cuts for the top and capital gains, and a big war on drugs, war in the middle east, etc.

Basically a useless party, except for gun rights.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
How will this improve the economy and defeat ISIS? Infact ISIS supports such bills. What is wrong with these Republican nutjobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies