Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 05:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
True. But there are any number of ways to redistrict, and as I recall, the Rs took the opportunity to make sure that it was Kucinich who lost his district, and not the less-liberal Ds whose districts abutted his.

http://www.newsweek.com/kucinich-sho...ble-dems-69747

In any case, it was definitely not the DNC who did the redistricting, as the (very) confused poster I was replying to claimed.
A (D) still won the district Kucenich was in. The (D)'s threw him overboard when he was honest enough to state that Obamacare was a terrible bill (but one he was forced to vote for).

I lost a lot of respect for him over those actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 03:44 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
But super delegates - by definition - do NOT represent the voters of their state.

No sham involved, that is exactly what it means to be a super delegate.

If you are a registered D, and don't like this system, the remedy is straight forward. Go for it.
Yes, it's a scam. Just because it's the Democratic Party PLAN doesn't make it right.

And no, the remedy isn't straightforward. The rich elite in the USA have banned third parties.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:50 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
I'm a little baffled at what the point of voting even is during a primary with the Super delegates in place--I mean what substantial concrete difference does it make?

I know people have responded with the "this is how it has been done forever" response--but no one seems to be able to explain how voters have any procedural say in this process

Old 04-03-2016, 05:31 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Of course it counts. Every vote you take counts. Its democracy at work and only those who do not vote do not understand or care.

Everyone should vote and we should be looking to make voting easier. Mr Meeks is voicing his preference and has every right to. This is the system the democratic party uses, if you are a member of the party get the system changed.

If all you want to do is troll go to a different site.

I agree that we should be looking at making voting easier.

I don't agree with your other idea. Everyone should not vote unless you are actually voting for someone or something you agree with. If all of the people running for an office are one notch above pond scum --- then you are under no obligation at all to waste your valuable time to vote for them. Nor should you do so. If the system is corrupt (hint: it is) -- then don't give legitimacy to the system.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Of course it counts. Every vote you take counts. Its democracy at work and only those who do not vote do not understand or care.

Everyone should vote and we should be looking to make voting easier. Mr Meeks is voicing his preference and has every right to. This is the system the democratic party uses, if you are a member of the party get the system changed.

If all you want to do is troll go to a different site.
By the way, a guy with more than 24,000 postings is not a troll.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:52 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Need to get rid of the parties period -- the whole thing is fixed and crooked --as punishing a state if the move their vote up the calendar-- a party district--- live here or live across the street? Super delegates? brokered nominations- ? Delegates votes- secret contributions- company are people too? - it is all rigged. Make it a simple vote- term limits- NO parties - vote for whom you like - want weed? petitions -to put it to a vote -majority wins!! No piggybacks laws-pork etc and they MUST read IT all or not vote for what they never saw - and the congresses must deal with every item, that year! like--3 school laws/ budget items were never even looked at this year in FL- what??? why not? too much darn partying-- shyte on that--- vacation days 3 weeks a yrs. max-- after 5 NO show votes --your suspended from congress- sick of all of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies