Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2016, 07:09 AM

854 posts, read 585,659 times

Advertisements

I mean, why wouldn't he be? Being a conservative means being pissed off all the time that you're losing the culture wars.

I have quite a bit of experience with white male liberals since they comprise a significant number of my male friends and my boyfriend is one. First of all, a lot of my white male liberal guy friends are musicians. Why would they be conservatives when conservatives have no respect for the arts or culture? They always want to defund music and cultural programs, they want to create more by-laws to prevent festivals and other things from happening. They're killjoys, full-stop.

Second of all, white male liberals tend to live in big cities where there is lots to do, but often migrated in from boring-ass small towns filled with rednecks where there was nothing to do but slave away to provide for your babies you had too young with your overweight wife. They find that their lives were directly enriched by moving away from their towns of origin to bigger and more diverse locations, and furthermore that there are more job opportunities in these places. Being happier where they are than where they were, they can only conclude that the conservatives who stayed behind are sheltered and narrow-minded idiots.

Finally, white male liberals are not "the man," especially when young. That would be white male conservatives i.e. racists. White male liberals are actually media darlings. Just look at how women of all races fawn over Justin Trudeau and Ryan Gosling. They literally have the adoration of nearly everyone on earth. When Paul Walker died you even had rappers crying and mourning the loss. No one hates them but angry conservative white people, many of whom are poor/trailer park residents, etc. and they really do not care about their opinions at all. Again, I think the more logical question would be, why would a white male be a conservative? I guess you like having people hate you and wishing you'd commit suicide?

Last edited by torontocheeka; 04-03-2016 at 07:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?

I don't get it either. Women and minorities are clearly banding together to force wealth and power from white males to themselves. I'm not stupid or naive enough to believe they're doing it for benevolent, benign reasons either. Anyone that has ever been to a football or hockey game understands what it means for sides to form and how vicious rivalries can become. Look at South Africa where tens of thousands of whites have been murdered in cold blood. If you're white in Mexico, best stay put in the tourist destinations lest ye be beheaded, raped, held for ransom and/or dismembered and murdered. Same goes for whites in most of South America and the Middle East. You're fine as long as you don't leave the areas where whites have significant protection from the locals.

Whites are declining rapidly as a race and will likely go extinct. The only nations that don't protect their race from being out mass reproduced and from legal and illegal mass immigration are countries with former white majorities from European descent. Feminism ensures the decline of any society in which it is embraced. Where men were once encouraged to provide for their families financially and to protect them physically, women have a big problem accepting men of less education and wealth - and they certainly will not protect men. It's a complete reversal of how men were supposed to support women and children - and women were given this power to persecute and destroy men by other men. Women are extremely selfish and entitled when compared to men. Affirmative Action and Title IX privileges women and minorities over white males as well.

Then you have all three branches of government working to destroy the middle class. Glass-Steagall was repealed with bipartisan support in congress. It was put in place in the 30s to prevent banks from taking customer deposits and giving them to Wall Street to gamble with Las Vegas Style - which is what started and sustained the Great Depression. This is how we got the modern Credit Default Swaps. The Community Reinvestment Act, significantly strengthened via bipartisan support and the various strengthened parts signed into law by Clinton, forced Fannie and Freddie, the largest mortgage holders with government backing, to give 56% of their mortgages to "sub prime" borrowers - which was just another name for people that would likely default on their loans at some point in the future. Then, Wall Street, with its renewed power through the repeal of Glass-Steagall to bet peoples money on extremely risky "investments", created the Credit Default Swap derivatives (bets against sub prime borrowers) that would ultimately transfer trillions in wealth from the middle class to the 1%. People cashing out the false equity in their homes as if they were ATMs didn't help matters either. The housing, stock and job market crash of '07 was a joint between congress, the FED, the president and Wall Street to force wealth from the middle class to the 1%.

I'm a white male. I'm in my fifties. Both my parents were alcoholics/addicts and divorced when I was in my early teens. I dropped out of school and started working at that point because I had no other choice. I served my country in the military. I gained an opportunity to go to college in my late twenties and paid my many tens of thousands in student loans after graduating Summa *** Laude with interest. I've remained single and childless because I saw all this coming when I was in my 20s in the 80s. I'll likely retire with well over two million saved and thank God every day I was born before the mass illegal/legal immigration, out of control replacement of highly skilled workers with H-1B workers and feminism could destroy my life. I thank God every day I chose an engineering field as well. This meant I didn't have to compete with affirmative action/title IX women and minorities. I'll escape the destruction that so many white males in the millennial generation and beyond will endure through their own naivete and ignorance. For that I wake with gratitude each day. If this is what you call white male privilege, then that's what I have.

Last edited by H8nOnWhitey; 04-03-2016 at 08:10 AM..

Old 04-03-2016, 07:18 AM

Oh, and to top it all off, statistically those who live in blue states are less likely to divorce than those living in red states. The white males least likely to wind up divorced are those who married college-educated white women (who are usually liberals) and those who married black women (who are usually liberals). So these white males are more likely to get rewarded for their liberal and feminist views with having loyal wives, while the conservatives wind up bitter divorcees whining in the manosphere about how their misogynist views were always right.

I mean, it's a no-brainer.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:23 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Oh, and to top it all off, statistically those who live in blue states are less likely to divorce than those living in red states. The white males least likely to wind up divorced are those who married college-educated white women (who are usually liberals) and those who married black women (who are usually liberals). So these white males are more likely to get rewarded for their liberal and feminist views with having loyal wives, while the conservatives wind up bitter divorcees whining in the manosphere about how their misogynist views were always right.

I mean, it's a no-brainer.
You don't understand statistics much.

Just because divorce rates are higher in "red states" doesn't say a thing about who is getting divorced. You see, there are blue voters in red states and red voters in blue states. So it may just be that the blue voters in red states are driving up the divorce rates because they are godless sluts and serial adulterers like their hero Bill Clinton.

Please stay in Canada, we have enough ignorance in the States already.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

Just because divorce rates are higher in "red states" doesn't say a thing about who is getting divorced. You see, there are blue voters in red states and red voters in blue states. So it may just be that the blue voters in red states are driving up the divorce rates because they are godless sluts and serial adulterers like their hero Bill Clinton.

It says a lot about who is getting divorced. For example, red state residents are more religious and have higher church attendance. And religious people get divorced more often: Why Conservative Christians Divorce More Than Atheists

Evangelicals are huge hypocrites. Guess which party has had more gay sex scandals?

Old 04-03-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

As opposed to the right-wing hero Limbaugh who just files for divorce everytime a wife gets cancer?

Old 04-03-2016, 08:28 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,649 times
Secretly I am a liberal. I do believe in liberation. The issue is that todays liberals with their enforcement of politically correct view points is actually fascism. They are actually the new extreme right. I tolerate same sex marriage for instance but really do not respect it. I tolerate aggressive secular atheists but really do not respect them either.

I believe you should be free do think and do as you wish...but it takes all my strength to tolerate todays liberals who are overly forceful and like a gang of bullies expect me to think as they dictate. Real liberalism is to allow all even those that you do not agree with to embrace the values they see valuable....for instance a nuclear family is still the primary social building block that is superior to all those other new style families that liberals rant about and expect me to fully respect....if respect is the granting of power to others....I really do not want to empower any more than the act of tolerance - the new liberal fascism -

I guess I am one of those "don't shove your values down my throat" sort of guys. Do what you want but do not expect me to agree through the pressure of being ostracized from what has become mainstream society....Give me a break and allow me to be me.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:07 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Secretly I am a liberal. I do believe in liberation. The issue is that todays liberals with their enforcement of politically correct view points is actually fascism. They are actually the new extreme right. I tolerate same sex marriage for instance but really do not respect it. I tolerate aggressive secular atheists but really do not respect them either.

I believe you should be free do think and do as you wish...but it takes all my strength to tolerate todays liberals who are overly forceful and like a gang of bullies expect me to think as they dictate. Real liberalism is to allow all even those that you do not agree with to embrace the values they see valuable....for instance a nuclear family is still the primary social building block that is superior to all those other new style families that liberals rant about and expect me to fully respect....if respect is the granting of power to others....I really do not want to empower any more than the act of tolerance - the new liberal fascism -

I guess I am one of those "don't shove your values down my throat" sort of guys. Do what you want but do not expect me to agree through the pressure of being ostracized from what has become mainstream society....Give me a break and allow me to be me.
Are you saying you can relate to what Dr. Will Herberg wrote in this 1965 editorial?

From the 1965 editorial, as reproduced in the book, The American Spirit: U.S. History as Seen by Contemporaries, Volume II:

Quote:
Internal order is the first necessity of every society. Even justice is secondary to order, because without order there can be no society and no justice, however partial and fragmentary....

[...]

The internal order is now in jeopardy; and it is in jeopardy because of the doings of such highminded, self-righteous "children of light" as the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King and his associates in the leadership role of the "civil rights" movement. If you are looking for those ultimately responsible for the murder, arson, and looting in Los Angeles, look to them: they are the guilty ones, these apostles of "non-violence."

For years now, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King and his associates have been deliberately undermining the foundations of internal order in this country. With their rabble-rousing demagoguery, they have been cracking the "cake of custom" that holds us together. With their doctrine of "civil disobedience," they have been teaching hundreds of thousands of Negroes - particularly the adolescents and the children - that it is perfectly all right to break the law and defy constituted authority if you are a Negro-with-a-grievance; in protest against injustice. And they have done more than talk. They have on occasion after occasion, in almost every part of the country, called out their mobs on the streets, promoted "school strikes," sit-ins, lie-ins, in explicit violation of the law and in explicit defiance of the public authority. They have taught anarchy and chaos by word and deed - and, no doubt, with the best intentions - and they have found apt pupils everywhere, with intentions not of the best. Sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind. But it is not they alone who reap it, but we as well; the entire nation. [National Review via The American Spirit: U.S. History as Seen by Contemporaries, Volume II, p. 523]
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/08...history/195638

Old 04-03-2016, 10:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?
Why would anybody be liberals?

Old 04-03-2016, 10:32 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
I mean, why wouldn't he be? Being a conservative means being pissed off all the time that you're losing the culture wars.

I have quite a bit of experience with white male liberals since they comprise a significant number of my male friends and my boyfriend is one. First of all, a lot of my white male liberal guy friends are musicians. Why would they be conservatives when conservatives have no respect for the arts or culture? They always want to defund music and cultural programs, they want to create more by-laws to prevent festivals and other things from happening. They're killjoys, full-stop.

Second of all, white male liberals tend to live in big cities where there is lots to do, but often migrated in from boring-ass small towns filled with rednecks where there was nothing to do but slave away to provide for your babies you had too young with your overweight wife. They find that their lives were directly enriched by moving away from their towns of origin to bigger and more diverse locations, and furthermore that there are more job opportunities in these places. Being happier where they are than where they were, they can only conclude that the conservatives who stayed behind are sheltered and narrow-minded idiots.

Finally, white male liberals are not "the man," especially when young. That would be white male conservatives i.e. racists. White male liberals are actually media darlings. Just look at how women of all races fawn over Justin Trudeau and Ryan Gosling. They literally have the adoration of nearly everyone on earth. When Paul Walker died you even had rappers crying and mourning the loss. No one hates them but angry conservative white people, many of whom are poor/trailer park residents, etc. and they really do not care about their opinions at all. Again, I think the more logical question would be, why would a white male be a conservative? I guess you like having people hate you and wishing you'd commit suicide?
This woman above makes an interesting point.
If that doesn't work for you let me appeal to your self interest. A side message that I draw from her writings is that liberal men get laid by more attractive women more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies