Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 AM

854 posts, read 587,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
North Carolina actually has a vibrant IT/Resarch/Business region. Known as the Triangle or Golden Triangle.

It's not the worst-performing of the redneck states: US states economy ranking Q4 2015 - Business Insider, likely because it's not the most redneck of the redneck states. That honour goes to Mississippi, which is in the bottom 5, right next to the redneck trailer park state of Alabama.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,748,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
^this guy two post above can't even see he is the bigot.
According to dictionary definition, a bigotry is "stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own." Just to help you out there, I've added a hyperlink to Dictionary.com's definition of bigotry.

So please do explain why you're so sure I am a bigot. I'm quite curious.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:29 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
It's not the worst-performing of the redneck states: US states economy ranking Q4 2015 - Business Insider, likely because it's not the most redneck of the redneck states. That honour goes to Mississippi, which is in the bottom 5, right next to the redneck trailer park state of Alabama.
North Cackalacky pols are showing their true selves.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:32 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,964,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
North Carolina actually has a vibrant IT/Resarch/Business region. Known as the Triangle or Golden Triangle.
It does in comparison with other southern states, but the economy in NC is not faring well thanks to actions by the Tea Party Republican controlled government. Cutting certain tax credits in favor of give always to entrenched industries, cutting higher education funding, taking away local control of assets, and other actions have had a negative impact on the economy there. Their unemployment rate has not recovered compered to most of the US, and their business attraction rate is abysmal compared to neighboring SC for the fist time since the Depression. I recently did an analysis for a project in Raleigh and the business demand for hotel rooms, (a good indicator of business growth and expansion) in the triangle area is in the tank.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:35 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,748,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I am not insulating you. Your post does that all it's own.

You're calling out PP for bigotry, after a bigoted law was passed allowing unchecked discrimination against certain members of the population. You really can't even make this stuff up.

if you're going to be a giant bigot, put on your big boy pants and accept the consequences.
Paypal is guilty of stubborn and complete intolerance of a specific belief that differs from their own. They are trying to bully NC into complying with their worldview.

Bigotry = stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own. Based on your response, you're guilty of the same thing. Anyone disagreeing with you must be shamed, mocked or bullied until they submit to your point of view, right?

I have no hatred nor dislike for transgendered folks. My point was that this issue is more complex than you're making it out to be.

You clearly have no counterpoint to my post or you'd have offered one. Just insults. Good for you.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,655,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
You on the other hand, are a subject matter expert on how laws are written, yet can't figure out how to use Google.
Actually, I'm the one asking for a link to the law because I do NOT claim to be an expert on the subject matter and want to actually know the facts. Apparently you have no interest in the actual law which is at the core of this debate. I think this says quite a bit.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:41 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,964,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Paypal is guilty of stubborn and complete intolerance of a specific belief that differs from their own. They are trying to bully NC into complying with their worldview.

Bigotry = stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own. Based on your response, you're guilty of the same thing. Anyone disagreeing with you must be shamed, mocked or bullied until they submit to your point of view, right?

I have no hatred nor dislike for transgendered folks. My point was that this issue is more complex than you're making it out to be.

You clearly have no counterpoint to my post or you'd have offered one. Just insults. Good for you.
So calling out bigotry is now itself act of bigotry? That is some Grade A projection right there!

And you don't believe a private business shouldn't act in a way that reflects their own values? Somehow I think that you have a completely different opinion about Hardee's leaving California, or Hobby Lobby's various morality based actions.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So calling out bigotry is now itself act of bigotry? That is some Grade A projection right there!

And you don't believe a private business shouldn't act in a way that reflects their own values? Somehow I think that you have a completely different opinion about Hardee's leaving California, or Hobby Lobby's various morality based actions.
Out of curiosity, would you feel that a law stating that you should go to the restroom that corresponds to your anatomy is bigotry?

Old 04-06-2016, 09:54 AM

79 posts, read 92,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Actually, I'm the one asking for a link to the law because I do NOT claim to be an expert on the subject matter and want to actually know the facts. Apparently you have no interest in the actual law which is at the core of this debate. I think this says quite a bit.
Posts #37 and #40 have links.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Girl View Post
Posts #37 and #40 have links.
Exactly what is linked in post 37 when you click on it?

When I click on it, I am taken to a Mother Jones article. Are you saying that when you click on it, you are shown the actual text of the Charlotte ordinance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies