Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 11:24 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times

Advertisements

Uh, because the Government lies? Pathologically..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 01:05 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn
Why have so many American's started distrusting thier government?
Thats the BEST way to be these days!!!

All they have is AGENDAs,they are not on our side!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2016, 03:41 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
When certain of the media started pointing out what they are doing to us. Before that, no one knew.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:17 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post

Growing up in these United States, Wyoming specifically, which is a pretty conservative state, as I recall everyone was proud to be American, Proud and respectful of our government; I don't recall hearing many people ranting about how much they distrusted the government, the way I do now.

What happened? What brought on this change? These days it seems like large numbers of American citizens do not trust our government and the numbers of people who feel that way seem to be growing more and more each year.

I do remember that I began to distrust our government in the 60's when they tried to draft me into the war in Viet Nam. I managed to avoid that, but since then I don't recall having many reasons to to distrust it or think that that it was out to get me or harm me in some way. But I recognize that many other people are very distrusting and that numerous conspiracy theories have sprung up. I'm curious to hear what other people have to say on what caused this change to come about.

So it's okay for you to have distrusted your government when you thought it was getting too big....but others (many of whom, I'm sure, didn't "avoid" serving their country), are "ranting" when they see government getting bigger than it was meant to be.

I see.

Last edited by Delahanty; 04-07-2016 at 06:44 AM..

Old 04-07-2016, 06:36 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Left/ right they are both to blame for the state that this nation is in. Sadly some have yet to figure this out. It's way past time for people to get angry about what's been going on for a long time.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:39 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
The establishment elite would have loved to have Hillary as their rubber stamp but felt she was just not up to the job. She causes problems, has an extremely high likability problem and is basically damaged goods. So they needed an unknown that they thought( wrongly as it turned out) was a better salesman and could BS his way and do whatever told him to do without making waves. Oh Obama was spineless and stupid enough to not get into any major scandals, but his salesmanship was over rated. But he was a useful idiot and the perfect rubber stamp. He did need some cleaning up after though to get past the primary.
If Hillary gets in, and I'm not sure her bosses really trust her or can even stand her, she's bound to cause strife and uneasiness. She'd be a one termer and they'd find a GOP candidate they could run against her and beat her, one that they'd have in their pocket. Maybe Jeb Bush next time around, or Chris Christy, or Ted Cruz. Same team, same agenda, just a different party.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
you mean democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
There's plenty of reason to distrust the government. And Republicans have figured out how to take advantage of that:

Sabotage government at every turn, use it for every corrupt purpose imaginable... then point to those failures as to why government doesn't work and promise to do away with X complaint if elected.

Rinse and repeat.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:53 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Well Obama did promise us the most transparent administration ever and that is one promise he actually delivered on.

The problem is when the curtain was pulled back we saw just how ugly it is back there. The lies, the scandals, the hypocrisy and the outright contempt our elected have for the American people is a disgrace.
Gone are the days where our elected did what was best for America and now they just seem to be looking out for themselves and their backers.

There is a bad feeling in middle America from the repeated punches to the gut and that is why a guy like Trump has such support.

Who knows if he can be trusted but at least he is breaking the mold of the career politician.

People are tired of being lied to and that is why they don't trust the Gov.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:25 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post

Growing up in these United States, Wyoming specifically, which is a pretty conservative state, as I recall everyone was proud to be American, Proud and respectful of our government; I don't recall hearing many people ranting about how much they distrusted the government, the way I do now.

What happened? What brought on this change? These days it seems like large numbers of American citizens do not trust our government and the numbers of people who feel that way seem to be growing more and more each year.

I do remember that I began to distrust our government in the 60's when they tried to draft me into the war in Viet Nam. I managed to avoid that, but since then I don't recall having many reasons to to distrust it or think that that it was out to get me or harm me in some way. But I recognize that many other people are very distrusting and that numerous conspiracy theories have sprung up. I'm curious to hear what other people have to say on what caused this change to come about.
JFK said, aAsk NOT what your country can do for YOU, ask what YOU can do FOR your COUNTRY.

That has reversed.

It is NOW, "WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR me. AND THE HELL IF what is best for the country.

Congressman try to bring money into their districts and sates to BRIBE the voters to vote for them again.

That is NOT what they are there to do.

They are SUPPOSED to do what is BEST FORE THE country AS A whole.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:26 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Because they are blatantly in the pockets of corporations and campaign donors.

The lobbyists push THEIR agenda instead of ours.

The good of the common person is no longer the driving force or the deciding factor. In fact it is seldom considered at all anymore.
"The lobbyists push THEIR agenda instead of ours."

UNLESS the agenda is one you are in FAVOR of!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies