Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 12:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I didn't edit anything.

You were trying to claim that no one was complaining when a woman wrote cops are pigs on a cop's coffee cup and trying to paint it as the same thing as what happened with Schilling:

I responded with...
Yes, you did. You said "Are you that stupid? "

Don't lie, I saw it right before I clicked to respond. Just own up to it.

And I know what I said. And I know what you said. However, you decided to ignore the actual content of my post. So, here it is again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Anyways, what you don't seem to grasp is it all falls under a specific company's code of conduct.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't addressed to a specific person or to a group of people.

And it doesn't matter if it happened on or off the clock. Your employment and the code of conduct/ethics you follow don't only apply when you clock in.

And it doesn't matter if it's only posted on social media. Your social media account is a representation of you, and you are a representation of your employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 12:59 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Exactly! I've never said transgendered would be the problem, it's the people abusing these laws.

The number of male perverts and women who will be made uncomfortable by potentially sharing facilities with them FAR outnumbers .03%
Once again, if perverts with nefarious intent want to do this, they can simply cross-dress right now and do it. Do you have any statistics that show that cross-dressing perverts entering women's restrooms is a big problem? I'm sure you can come up with a handful of cases, but if this happens with any regularity it's sure been kept secret.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:05 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If they're private, they can do whatever they want. When they piggyback on government-subsidized cable access and profit from that? No.
Not if you're the owners of a bakery who wants to refuse to make a wedding cake for a gay couple.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Face it folks...Curt Schilling is one of the biggest jerks to ever make the major leagues. He's right up there with Ty Cobb.

And that's one hell of an accomplishment considering that baseball is the sport with the biggest cross-section of a-holes of all major and minor sports. 70% of baseball players are dopes. They're more insufferable than boxers, and boxers are pretty damn insufferable.

I mean, no one likes the guy. He's a sanctimonious blowhard that wants everyone to know what he thinks about everything under the sun. Well, for once, he went too damn far.

What i love the most about his firing is that the bum needs the job since he ran his company into the ground and lost tens of millions. He released his employees by email.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:12 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yes, you did. You said "Are you that stupid? "

Don't lie, I saw it right before I clicked to respond. Just own up to it.

And I know what I said. And I know what you said. However, you decided to ignore the actual content of my post. So, here it is again:

I thought you were talking about the subject of what we were talking about.
It was ... and IS a STUPID comment you made. I decided to be little more civil about it, so what?

Both examples are insensitive and rude. The one directed at a specific person WHILE you are actually on the clock, is significantly worse.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:17 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Once again, if perverts with nefarious intent want to do this, they can simply cross-dress right now and do it. Do you have any statistics that show that cross-dressing perverts entering women's restrooms is a big problem? I'm sure you can come up with a handful of cases, but if this happens with any regularity it's sure been kept secret.
I'd be willing to bet he handful of cases I could find would easily outnumber the population of the entire transgender community in this country.
That's to say nothing of women who have been victims of abuse and will feel uncomfortable sharing their facilities with potential abusers.

The argument that people with nefarious intent will do nefarious things anyway, is asinine!
Do you lock your doors at night?
Why?
Houses have been broken into with the doors locked. People with nefarious intent will still break into locked houses.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:22 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Face it folks...Curt Schilling is one of the biggest jerks to ever make the major leagues. He's right up there with Ty Cobb.

Cobb was no Goody Two-Shoes, but a couple of new biographies have turned up a lot of evidence that his reputation was deliberately sullied by a sportswriter of questionable character and reputation named Al Stump.

//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...ed-racist.html

The selective picking of "facts" in a rush to judgment is hardly anything new, but Mr. Barnum had a very choice comment about the willingness of the young and impressionable to swallow anything whole. And that naiveté is multiplied many times over when the material is deemed Politically Correct by those who would think and speak for all of us.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:23 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
I'd be willing to bet he handful of cases I could find would easily outnumber the population of the entire transgender community in this country.
Have at it. I'll be very interested in seeing your statistics.

Just as an FYI, there are about 700,000 transgender people in the U.S.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:24 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Fox will pick him up.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:24 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times
Quote:
Too bad I'm not a conservative.
Oh.. and I don't watch Fox news, listen to Rush Limbaugh and I don't own any guns.
Plus I'm atheist, so I'm not a religious nut

Any more assumptions?
Well then, your argument in this case is very conservative-like, and that's anything but a compliment.

I just marvel that people think this is a freedom of speech issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Cobb was no Goody Two-Shoes, but a couple of new biographies have turned up a lot of evidence that hi reputation was deliberately sullied by a sportswriter of questionable character and reputation named Al Stump.
Nobody liked Ty Cobb when he was alive, and that includes Ty Cobb. He was one of the nastiest bigots of his era, and that's saying a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies