Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 07:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
A conservative is less likely to think outside the box, no matter what you think.
I don't they are. I just think this lady is a moron is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 07:45 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Risk taking means being open minded enough to try new things and bring innovation to fruition. It doesn't mean deploying untested new things into production/ real life systems. The conservative mindset will tend to stick to the tried and tested for as long as possible. The army systems and DARPA fund a lot of innovative research... The internet is just one example.
Most internet entrepreneurs do what they do to make money.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:31 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
So if you see someone non-white scribbling numbers on paper, the first conclusion should be that they are doing something wrong? I just don't understand what could have been so terrifying about numbers on paper..

Edit: Seeing something suspicious is different than the ability to see at all..
Not the point.

I'm merely making fun of a pathetic poster that is caught up in the delerium of the political election season and is trying to somehow tie this to "racist Trump".

It's just going to get worse, the forum nutjobs are already starting to foam at the mouth over Hillary and Trump and I'm not going to humor them.

As one of the few people around here that probably would have understood those "scribbles", your first sentence just makes me chuckle.

However, in the spirit of the thread and your own post I will play along and call you racist because you think that people doing math are just from the far east. Sure, it makes no sense but then again it's a racial witch hunt, it doesn't have to.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:37 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
No matter how many times I read this post, I'm at a loss to understand why you think it makes any sense at all. Were you somehow under the impression that I am Barack Obama? What on earth does he have to do with any of this? And how does race enter into it? Is this some inside joke or something?
You don't get it because you're racist.

It really that simple.

You don't agree with someones politics or their point on a subject and therefore the other person is racist.

Don't take it out on me, I'm not the one that started this little game. So the choice you have to make is either agreeing with me or else you're racist, even if it's in a discussion over which James Bond actor was the best.

P.S. Do you at least appreciate at all the fact that in 2008 Hillary supporters were deemed racist?

Old 05-08-2016, 01:17 PM

113 posts, read 80,314 times
To be fair, after reading the entire story, it sounds like a backlash to a failed attempt of hooking up with him

Old 05-08-2016, 01:21 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
I'd be willing to bet her family and friends are all telling her she did the right thing and she could even be considered a hero.

The 'scared of my own shadow' crowd is something else.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:39 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times
The latest news reports confirm he was a member of a sleeper cell of agents working for Al Gebra. His crime was harboring, aiding, and abetting weapons of math instruction, the nemesis of students all over the country.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:43 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mielinacea View Post
To be fair, after reading the entire story, it sounds like a backlash to a failed attempt of hooking up with him
He *is* a cutie, in a nerdy sort of way.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:53 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sheesh, this is getting more and more ridiculous every passing day.

Add ridiculous paranoia to the list of delays passengers could potentially face.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rlines-flight/
1. I am usually asleep within one minute of taking my seat on a plane. Someone could be building a nuclear reactor next to me and I would never know.

2. I never talk or look at anyone on a plane. The flight could be full of zombies or zoo animals- I wouldn't notice.

3. I usually fly first class on domestic flights, so the attendants are paying close attention to anyone in first class; I don't need to play "spy".

4. How can doing math be percieved as threatening?

The most distrubing thing I have encountered on flights is sitting next to someone who wants to talk and won't shut up and let me sleep. I guess I would rather sit next to a quiet terrorist. Sounds like this woman is just an annoying person herself.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:53 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
I have to wonder what she expected I'm to do, was he going to attack the pilot with a piece of paper with strange writings. Stay vigilant, stay paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies