Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:34 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Stay vigilant, stay paranoid.
Why don't all you geniuses write the Obama administration and have them stop posting all this helpful information.

From DHS - "Informed, alert communities play a critical role in keeping our nation safe. "If You See Something, Say Something™" engages the public in protecting our homeland through awareness–building, partnerships, and other outreach."

https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something

Or maybe y'all can write the State Department and tell them to stop posting these notices -

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...e-caution.html

But no, you can all sit safe and smug at home making fun of this poor girl for doing what the government suggested she do. I hope none of you are near me during an emergency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 07:53 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Conservative by definition means sticking to tried and tested and being risk averse. This goes against the grain for most engineering, science and IT concepts. Silicon Valleys thrives on innovation and risk taking. Of course this doesn't mean that conservatives can't be engineers or Scientists... Many are. It just means that science and engineering is dominated by progressives and they are the ones who bring about most of the innovation in America.
Silicon Valley by a huge stretch is libertarian and there is no proof that science and engineering folks are politically progressive.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:12 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
I think I know what sent this poor women off on a tangent, it must have been when he pointed out a Latus Rectum on his graph.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I have to wonder what she expected I'm to do, was he going to attack the pilot with a piece of paper with strange writings. Stay vigilant, stay paranoid.
He was going to make a paper airplane and fly it into the stack of soda cans and bags of peanuts sitting on top of the flight attendant's cart. And you know that no peanuts would be a disaster second only to having to check my bag.

[gotta have my peanuts...]

Old 05-08-2016, 11:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Why don't all you geniuses write the Obama administration and have them stop posting all this helpful information.

From DHS - "Informed, alert communities play a critical role in keeping our nation safe. "If You See Something, Say Something™" engages the public in protecting our homeland through awareness–building, partnerships, and other outreach."

Or maybe y'all can write the State Department and tell them to stop posting these notices -

But no, you can all sit safe and smug at home making fun of this poor girl for doing what the government suggested she do. I hope none of you are near me during an emergency.
There's nothing inherently wrong with "if you see something, say something."

It's only a problem when people who are too stupid to tie their own shoes get scared because they don't understand anything about anything.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:27 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

Oh, come on. I seriously doubt anyone in their wildest imagination ever suspected anyone would see someone doing math on a sheet of paper and report them as a possible terrorist. I think they assumed that most people would apply a reasonable amount of common sense and rational thinking. Most sensible people would never expect that anyone could be so crazed with irrational anxieties that they would be terrified of a man doing math with a pencil.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:31 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You don't get it because you're racist.

It really that simple.

You don't agree with someones politics or their point on a subject and therefore the other person is racist.

Don't take it out on me, I'm not the one that started this little game. So the choice you have to make is either agreeing with me or else you're racist, even if it's in a discussion over which James Bond actor was the best.

P.S. Do you at least appreciate at all the fact that in 2008 Hillary supporters were deemed racist?
Sorry, I still don't get whatever devastatingly clever point you seem to think you're making. I had hoped that you'd just had too much to drink when you posted last night, and after getting a good night's sleep would post something more coherent today. Alas, it was not to be...

Old 05-08-2016, 11:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Oh, come on. I seriously doubt anyone in their wildest imagination ever suspected anyone would see someone doing math on a sheet of paper and report them as a possible terrorist. I think they assumed that most people would apply a reasonable amount of common sense and rational thinking. Most sensible people would never expect that anyone could be so crazed with irrational anxieties that they would be terrified of a man doing math with a pencil.
Maybe it was a really, really, really sharp pencil?

Old 05-09-2016, 02:21 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,771 times
Oh my what is up with all these liberal words ethically profiled? Is everything that happens some weird word? Someone is having islamaphobia or being homophobic, or having micro aggression. Jesus f**ck can we just say what ACTUALLY happened and not say that they are being profiled are racist or what the f**ck ever!

Old 05-09-2016, 03:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Yes - yes, that's exactly what I suggest, when someone doesn't have anything intelligent to say. As in this case.

The man was scribbling on a piece of paper, for god's sake. That woman is a mentally unbalanced, xenophobic, racist cretin. Welcome to Donald Trump's America.
Oh please, we've been afraid of our math teachers since Junior High. It's only natural to be afraid of some guy doing math outside of the classroom. I, myself, thought they were crab people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies