Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 01:17 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Sorry, I still don't get whatever devastatingly clever point you seem to think you're making. I had hoped that you'd just had too much to drink when you posted last night, and after getting a good night's sleep would post something more coherent today. Alas, it was not to be...
It's satire but here, let me break it down for you.

Woman reports guy in accordance with current DHS policy which has been linked to in the thread. Maybe she has anxiety issues, maybe she's racist, maybe she's an idiot....who knows.

Your input on the matter is that Trump is a racist. Um, wow...where did that come from?

As you mentioned liquor, I hope you've just been on a bender because otherwise you have a serious case of political derangement.

Oh and PS....you're racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 01:33 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Given that the person that complained was illiterate in math and apparently in economics, it is highly likely that she was Feeling the Bern" and outside of her little safe space. Bigoted for the person in the article to complain about "Trump Supporters" without knowing the facts. “What might prevent an epidemic of paranoia? It is hard not to recognize in this incident, the ethos of [Donald] Trump’s voting base,” he wrote. Kind of ironic that he does exactly what he whines of others doing.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:20 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Why don't all you geniuses write the Obama administration and have them stop posting all this helpful information.

From DHS - "Informed, alert communities play a critical role in keeping our nation safe. "If You See Something, Say Something™" engages the public in protecting our homeland through awareness–building, partnerships, and other outreach."

https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something

Or maybe y'all can write the State Department and tell them to stop posting these notices -

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...e-caution.html

But no, you can all sit safe and smug at home making fun of this poor girl for doing what the government suggested she do. I hope none of you are near me during an emergency.
She didn't see anything, maybe she has some issues if she's that stressed out over something so insignificant. If we start turning around planes for nonsense like this we are in deep trouble, ISIS must be laughing at us if this is all it takes to change our lives.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:05 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

It's satire but here, let me break it down for you.

Woman reports guy in accordance with current DHS policy which has been linked to in the thread. Maybe she has anxiety issues, maybe she's racist, maybe she's an idiot....who knows.
"In accordance with current DHS policy?" Sorry, but that's absurd. Unless of course you can show me the text in those links that urges travelers to report others for doing math on a sheet of paper, or even lists performing mathematical equations as a suspicious activity. Perhaps you can root around in those links and quote the passages that suggest that math could be construed as a "terrorist-related activity."

Quote:
Your input on the matter is that Trump is a racist. Um, wow...where did that come from?
Don't ask me where it came from, I never said it. You either made it up or didn't read very carefully.

Quote:
As you mentioned liquor, I hope you've just been on a bender because otherwise you have a serious case of political derangement.
Oh, how so? In what way am I "politically deranged?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies