Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 09:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, Republicans are not the ones believing in the horse crap of "man made global warming...er climate change...er global warming...al gore warming...er...back to climate change..." Once again, the only morons who buy all the crap fed to them are liberals. Hook. Line. Sinker.

Hand over your wallet, you're going to lose it anyway.
Yea I have heard that story once or twice before.... Got any other stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 09:44 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
The Climate Scientologists lost all credibility when their junk science became completely politicized. Nothing else needs to be said.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Climate Scientologists lost all credibility when their junk science became completely politicized. Nothing else needs to be said.
Yawn.... Go pray away the climate.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:56 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yawn.... Go pray away the climate.
What's the point? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the climate. I think the last 10-15 years have been the best I've seen. My family's farm is doing fantastic. Plenty of rain, very moderate temps. No severe weather to speak of. Even the crop insurance has been dropping steadily.

Seems the insurance companies think AGW is a bunch of baloney too.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Enough to move the needle according to the evidence. How much that needle is moved is up for debate.
Needle? What needle is it that you are referring to? Or is it just a made-up, hypothetical, make-believe needle?

Old 06-02-2016, 11:01 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
What's the point? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the climate. I think the last 10-15 years have been the best I've seen. My family's farm is doing fantastic. Plenty of rain, very moderate temps. No severe weather to speak of. Even the crop insurance has been dropping steadily.

LOL....Really?

There is growing acknowledgement among insurers that the impact of climate change on future insured losses is likely to be profound. The chairman of Lloyd’s of London has said that climate change is the number one issue for that massive insurance group. And Europe’s largest insurer, Allianz, stated that climate change stands to increase insured losses from extreme events in an average year by 37 per cent within just a decade. Losses in a bad year could top US$1 trillion.

http://evanmills.lbl.gov/pubs/pdf/cl...-insurance.pdf

Insurance industry aims to reduce huge losses from climate change extremes - Business - CBC News

https://www.bennet.senate.gov/?p=release&id=3165

Old 06-03-2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
You invoked the "religious" nature of climate change. I just thought you would want to pray to your particular sky father.

Quote:
Not in Texas where we have had historic flooding. I imagine flood insurance premiums are going up along the coast.

But then again... climate isn't local to Texas or your family farm....

Old 06-03-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Needle? What needle is it that you are referring to? Or is it just a made-up, hypothetical, make-believe needle?
Obviously the needle that separates climate change from purely natural events to events where mankind has a hand involved.

You see.... sometimes metaphors are used in discussions.... Do you know what a metaphor is? It's a literary device.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:21 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Obviously the needle that separates climate change from purely natural events to events where mankind has a hand involved.

You see.... sometimes metaphors are used in discussions.... Do you know what a metaphor is? It's a literary device.
Especially when discussing works of fiction.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
People also like cleanish air. I can tell you don't travel abroad much and are spoiled by the progress made in America with pollution.

Typical, you rely too much on your personal bias, and cherished stereotypes.

I've been around the world, and yes, there are a lot of countries with foul air and horrible water; and that's even after it comes out of the tap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies