Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by oz in SC
Quote:
Are you saying that the Yakuza keep their neighborhoods safe by occasionally killing innocent civilians and then cutting off one of their fingers???
No, but it obviously is a fact that you just have said that.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
So the Yakuza do NOT keep their neighborhoods safe...even though you stated such earlier....

Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by oz in SC
Quote:
So the Yakuza do NOT keep their neighborhoods safe...even though you stated such earlier....
Nope.
The Yakuza, like the police, have very strict rules about using weapons and on whom.
But like the police they have incidentally killed innocent people.
American cops get a slap on the wrist, or in some cases walk away free, while the Yakuza have to cut off a pinkie.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:02 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
What a strange conversation...and so relevant!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
the NRA is in line with the rest of the majority in America, please see the poll I linked earlyer
Paid for by the NRA.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:10 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Originally Posted by rlchurch
The NRA is one of the fanatical fringe elements who populate the beltway. Politicians don't want to **** them off because the can generate great letter writing campaigns, but all lawmakers really consider them a bit of a joke

First you say Politicians don't want to **** them off then you say lawmakers (one and the same) consider them a joke. You contradict yourself and prove yourself the fool. Just why do you think the NRA can generate so many letters? I'll tell you, it's because so many people are behind them! You are in the great minority on guns.If you did any reading on the subject you'd find out The NRA is the most powerful and feared lobby in the nation. This is one of the facts you anti's just can't come to grips with.
It's a very small group of incredibly loud idiots manipulated by a few very clever con men who take you guys to the cleaners by telling you the NRA is important in preserving your rights.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
LOL....

You are quite funny.

Ohh, you aren't trying to be.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:32 AM

So is the NRA a politically powerful organization with an extensive membership of citizens who believe in the Second Amendment?

Or is it just a bunch of loonies who like Ted Nugent's music and Charlton Heston's movies?

Please make up your mind.

If it's just a "fanatical fringe element" then obviously it's nothing for you to worry your little head about.

Oops, but then you say the NRA can "generate a letter-writing campaign"; who, pray tell, would be writing these letters? Does the NRA hire typists to create the letters? Or is it their membership which includes a significant contingency of VOTING CITIZENS who believe in the Second Amendment?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM

Wink Jesus he knows me and he told me that the NRA is okay!

Originally Posted by bbkaren
Quote:
So is the NRA a politically powerful organization with an extensive membership of citizens who believe in the Second Amendment?
Are you claiming that the NRA does not endorse gun lobbyists?
Or that they never would support gun lobbyists?

I bet that if the 2nd amendment never mentioned anything about guns and citizens the NRA would never have brought it up.
But now they are tryin' to convince people that it's OUR right and not just ANY right; but a GOD GIVEN right which cannot be unmade by any man, only by God Himself.
Can I get an AMEN, people?

Quote:
Genesis | Jesus He Knows Me lyrics
Cos jesus he knows me
And he knows Im right
Ive been talking to jesus all my life
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows Im right
And hes been telling me
Everything is alright

Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 AM

Amen!

And no, I didn't even mention gun lobbyists. I'm just trying to clarify if you're suggesting NRA is just a few harmless loonies, or a powerful group of American citizens who care about their right to bear arms?

Oh, and what do you mean "it's OUR right", Netherlands man? Our right to bear arms doesn't pertain to you because you're not a US citizen, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies