Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 04:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,660,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Sorry, but a country border wall does not compare to a private property one. Not even close. The purposes of both are not the same, regardless of overlap. Nice house, lots of money - crime and stalkers - private wall. Border walls are to supposedly protect the country and citizens in it from "outsiders" stealing taxpayer dollars to plant themselves in the U.S. It isn't necessarily about protecting property.

But might as well make this debate 20 pages long and compare away if it strikes your fancy.
My guess is that you don't know any ranchers is south Texas. They have property destroyed all the time.

Additionally, it has been proven that walls do work. The border patrol has documented that border walls reduce illegal crossing at those locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 04:11 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,961,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
One wall is supposedly about protecting an entire country...theoretically.

The other wall is protecting a single person's private property.

How anyone can compare the two is beyond me. "Famous" and rich people are targets all the time.
The US is the national equivalent of whoever the most famous person happens to be.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:18 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Really???

Putting a wall around his personal property is somehow equivalent to building a wall along a national border? You're not serious, are you? And you're a realtor?

Oh, yeah, and it's Gateway Pundit again. Double
You bet it is. Same as building a wall to keep people who are not welcome. If they want to come to America they get in line and come here Legally.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,290,196 times
Apparently building a fence around private property is identical to building a wall along a country border.....it still wouldn't stop those that wish to come into the country since most people that are here illegally came in through the front door.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:23 PM

30,512 posts, read 19,271,318 times
When Zuck lets anyone that walks into his house (ISIS or not) come in, take up residence, and then starts feeding them and providing a monthly check, then I'll consider him less a hypocrite.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:28 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,965,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Around the border? That doesn't even make sense. I think you mean along the border.

This is what we're dealing with, people. lol. If you can't grasp the concept of what you're supporting, good lord.
It was so confusing yet you understood exactly what he was saying.

What next, are you going to go all Grammar Police on us?

Old 06-28-2016, 04:29 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,875,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The US is the national equivalent of whoever the most famous person happens to be.
Wait! We're FN Kardashians? I'd rather be a Klingon. No offense intended.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:31 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,290,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
When Zuck lets anyone that walks into his house (ISIS or not) come in, take up residence, and then starts feeding them and providing a monthly check, then I'll consider him less a hypocrite.
Because a private residence should function the same as a country? That is just silly and wrong. I think you guys are either using the term hypocrite too loosely or you guys don't know what hypocrite actually means.....

Old 06-28-2016, 04:36 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,875,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Wait! We're FN Kardashians? I'd rather be a Klingon. No offense intended.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:40 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
To be "left wing" is to be a hypocrite, but they think it's OK. They really won't argue the point with you, they know they are hypocrites.

I built a pool house for a rich state senator. The hypocrite drove a Prius to the State Capital every day and came home to his 10,000 square foot McMansion with the heated pool. He had a heated driveway too. So his gas meter was a high enough capacity to heat 5 normal homes for him and his wife. This is so he had a warm pool and dry driveway in the winter.

And then he went to the state capital and preached global warming. You can't make it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies