Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 02:33 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The NRA believes the 2nd Amendment applies to whites only. It is a racist organization. They have not publicly defended Castile's right to carry.
When you write stupid things, it makes you look spupid.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
NRA lifer here. I applaud the "we are waiting for the facts" stance, I find it refreshing.
Are all the facts out?

Old 07-10-2016, 02:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I wish the cop, in this situation, would have looked inside the car to see how many people were in it, and I wish the cop would have noticed the child inside. And then I wish the police would compile some statistics of how many motorists who shoot at police have kids in the car -- because I'll bet that number is super small. In fact, the only time I remember anyone shooting at police with kids in the car, the kid was an older teenager and was shooting at the police too.
He was black and had a wide set nose.....obvious signs of guilt.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
I really think the cop made a huge mistake in this case -- and from everything I've read, he killed a really great guy. The people at the school where he worked couldn't have spoken more highly about him. He worked there for 13 or 14 years and they just adored him.

This is an extremely sad case.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
OP if you read the article your answer is right here...........NRA doesn't speak out about shootings until they know the facts. This would help if President Obama, Kim Kardashian and Beyoncé took note before spouting off.

“It is important for the NRA not to comment while the investigation is ongoing,” the organization said. “Rest assured, the NRA will have more to say once all the facts are known.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The NRA believes the 2nd Amendment applies to whites only. It is a racist organization. They have not publicly defended Castile's right to carry.
Will you tell all those Black, Latino, Native Americans & Asians Americans I think they missed this message.......upon this is the most uneducated post on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh, leave the NRA alone. There's no sense in making them a part of this story.

The NRA may be ostensibly set up as an organization to defend the rights of all gun owners, but in reality, the NRA is an organization set up ad hoc to defend and promote gun ownership for whites.

They need to just stay out of it and not put on some phony display of concern for the dead kid.
You could have easily said you have never been to an NRA convention.......or are those black members not really black people?

I have attended and I am hear to say, the room is not filled with just old white men....you may be shocked at those who attend and enjoy every minute of the fun!

Old 07-10-2016, 02:40 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I really think the cop made a huge mistake in this case -- and from everything I've read, he killed a really great guy. The people at the school where he worked couldn't have spoken more highly about him. He worked there for 13 or 14 years and they just adored him.

This is an extremely sad case.
I won't go through the list, but really, aren't many killed by cops described as great guys --- funny, helpful, beloved by all who knew him.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The only discriminatory policies are those pushed by the left that make it very difficult and expensive to own a gun in cities where blacks live. It's the NRA that is fighting those policies.
It's not expensive or difficult to own a gun in any city in America. Major cities are armed camps. What do you think they're using in these Chicago killings...bows and arrows?

What in the hell are you talking about? Get real.

BTW...most African Americans don't live in inner cities. Don't know how many times I have to tell you folks that.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The problem is that a good guy with a gun shot and killed another good guy with a gun. This conflicts with the NRA rhetoric of only bad guys with guns will get killed by good guys with guns.
We see you are ignoring his past offenses........even possibly, connected to a robbery just before the shooting. By the way is it normal to drive around with a gun in ones lap? I can't see why the officer was nervous, not at all!

Old 07-10-2016, 02:44 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I won't go through the list, but really, aren't many killed by cops described as great guys --- funny, helpful, beloved by all who knew him.
Some are, some aren't. But in this case, we're talking about white teachers and others that you don't normally hear much from. Parents who said he went the extra mile to help their kids. He was an extremely kind person.

Philando Castile: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

It's just really sad.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
The only thing that bothers me is while in Louisiana shooting. Request for OUTSIDE Investigation was requested immediately..and the One in Minn. is being investigated by the Prosecutor..Given the history of Local Prosecutors investigating their own..I find it already being telegraphed as yet another whitewash type thing.. But Fed's are watching~~ Beware Mr. Prosecutor!!
Feds Monitoring Minnesota Investigation Of Police Shooting of Philando Castile
Quote:
The U.S. Justice Department says it is monitoring a Minnesota agency's investigation into the fatal shooting of a black driver by a police officer in a Minneapolis suburb, but that it isn't yet taking an active role. According to The Associated Press, the department released a statement Thursday saying it "stands ready to provide assistance" to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and "is prepared, as necessary, to conduct further investigation." Minnesota Gov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies