Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 05:19 PM

17,418 posts, read 14,663,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He was not a gang member. He had to pass a background check to work in the school system. Dressing in blue means nothing. Clothes for men are made in a blue a lot of times. There are no photos of him with a blue bandana on his Facebook page. No photos of him throwing gang signs either. https://www.facebook.com/philando.castile/photos_all

I am unable to find "Crip Gang" facebook page. Could you provide a link?
I don't know if he was or wasn't - but he was a member of the Crips fb group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/529972970402008/

Old 07-10-2016, 05:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I don't know if he was or wasn't - but he was a member of the Crips fb group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/529972970402008/
Oh well. He deserved to die then.

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
He was not a gang member. He had to pass a background check to work in the school system. Dressing in blue means nothing. Clothes for men are made in a blue a lot of times. There are no photos of him with a blue bandana on his Facebook page. No photos of him throwing gang signs either. https://www.facebook.com/philando.castile/photos_all

Look at your own link, it is there.

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
This woman in the video is a cold blooded sociopath. She sits their trying to be famous as a man bleeds to death...what a jerk.

Here is the problem regarding this incident that no one wants to talk about. What happened moments prior to the video being taken- what was actually said.

From what I gather the police officer requested the drivers ID....that's it! He did not ask him if their were weapons in the car. The driver and supposedly his so-called girl friend needlessly volunteered information that was not needed...The fact that the driver was carrying a GUN .

The cop requests ID and these doinks in effect challenge the officer in a manner that states....We have a gun...we are as powerful as you and the gun is legal....Why even mention the gun?

This cop did not look or sound malicious...he was in a panic...When he asked for the ID...the so called victim started to reach for something tucked in his back pocket...It was not made clear to the officer if he was getting ID or getting a gun to shoot him with....it was a 50 50 situation...in the cops mind....It could have been one or the other.

This black couple simply had a communication problem....THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICIATE....it is the cops duty to stay alive.

I still can not get over how this digital girlfriend saw this as an opportunity to live stream the tail end of the incident for the sake of personal notoriety.

I say the cop is not guilty of anything.

The cop is there....the jerk states he has a gun....what is he to do?
Because it is the ****ing law to notify the police if you have a firearm when stopped in many states.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Something is wrong with the timeline that's been reported. The video obviously shows it was daylight - in fact, there's a large portion where the phone is pointed toward the blue sky.
That's just a few minutes after sunset. At that latitude, and that time of year, it stays light a long time after sunset. Civil twilight doesn't even begin until about a half hour later than the shooting took place, and the sky would still be very blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post

- While not justification for killing someone, the "innocent, hard working, school worker" narrative is quickly being challenged as we see he was an obvious Crip Gang member. His facebook page has all sorts of photos of him dressed in all blue, bandana hanging, throwing up "C" hand signs, contorting his body into a "C", he was a member of a Crip Gang facebook page (that's a thing, lol) and made posts such as "Marry CRIPmas and happy BLUE year!!!" and "Oh Crip, it's Friday!".
And yet he passed a background check for a CCW permit in a county where the sheriff is known for being pretty stringent on who gets a permit and who doesn't.

I'll admit those photos and posts are very curious, but the fact that he passed a Hennepin County sheriff department 's background check doesn't jibe with him being an actual gang member. I'm really interested in seeing how this apparent dichotomy gets reconciled as the issue evolves.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:33 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:

BREAKING: #PhilandoCastile From #FalconHeightsShooting Was Crips Gang Member - GotNews

Old 07-10-2016, 05:37 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,658 times
Chuck Johnson. Now there's a reliable source.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
This woman in the video is a cold blooded sociopath. She sits their trying to be famous as a man bleeds to death...what a jerk.

Here is the problem regarding this incident that no one wants to talk about. What happened moments prior to the video being taken- what was actually said.

From what I gather the police officer requested the drivers ID....that's it! He did not ask him if their were weapons in the car. The driver and supposedly his so-called girl friend needlessly volunteered information that was not needed...The fact that the driver was carrying a GUN .
You aren't familiar with the laws are you?

I am no expert on Minn law but in most cases the first thing you must do is inform the police that you have a permit to carry and have a gun.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
That's just a few minutes after sunset. At that latitude, and that time of year, it stays light a long time after sunset. Civil twilight doesn't even begin until about a half hour later than the shooting took place, and the sky would still be very blue.

And yet he passed a background check for a CCW permit in a county where the sheriff is known for being pretty stringent on who gets a permit and who doesn't.

I'll admit those photos and posts are very curious, but the fact that he passed a Hennepin County sheriff department 's background check doesn't jibe with him being an actual gang member. I'm really interested in seeing how this apparent dichotomy gets reconciled as the issue evolves.
If he'd never been convicted of a violent crime, why wouldn't he be issued a CC permit? Can the county just reject him if they believe he's a gang member? How would they know? I don't believe that's in someone's background check? Was it even in Hennepin County, because he's a St Paul guy and that's Ramsey County?

Old 07-10-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Chuck Johnson. Now there's a reliable source.
Did you not see the pics and facebook posts? Trick photography on Chuck Johnson's part I suppose? Pretend all you like, but his own facebook page, combined with the fact that the neighborhood is a known Crip neighborhood certainly make him look like he was a Crip. Either that or he desperately wanted people to think he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies