Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 05:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
The left should be shocked when these technocrats end a relationship via text...or shocked when they walk out into an intersection staring down at their smart phone and get swished by a bus..The left should be shocked when in twenty years Muslims and Asians own America because of the left's failure to guard nation turf and wealth...The left should be shocked when their chronic pot smoking kids take on the jobs of cleaning the toilet of prosperous Mexicans who avoided being stoned everyday...the left should be shocked when they realize that marriage means nothing and no one has a sex anymore...that we are all designated as things -

Pretty accurate of the one party! they are so stupid, that they will never see these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 08:06 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
If the Police-Chief was White, yeah, this brilliant technique probably would not have been used!

Old 07-10-2016, 08:09 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, my first gut thought was that I hope they were able to bomb the pinhead in such a way that the robot didn't get blown up too. Don't wanna waste tax payer money!!

I do feel awful..for the robot, of course.

As for Micah, he got what he deserved. He became a jigsaw puzzle. His actions caused that to occur.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:28 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
I'm "the left," and I think this was a fantastic way to close the book on this guy. He was clearly an exceptional shot, appeared to be well-armed and evidently skilled in urban combat, and stated numerous times that he wanted to kill as many cops as possible and had no intention of being taken alive. Why risk a single additional officer's life? Blow him the fck up and go home safe.

From my point of view, there is no "left" or "right" on this issue. A man had just murdered 5 police officers in cold blood and wounded 7 more. Those officers who were trying to apprehend him were not operating on behalf of the left or the right - they were risking their lives to protect every damned one of us. I'm on their side, not the side of the left or the right. Thank god they were able to take this guy out before he killed still another child's father or another woman's husband.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:16 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
I also like the fact terrorists will now fear not going out via suicide anymore, but via a far harsher method. NYC has similar robots. I hope all major cities do.

Don't Mess With Texas! BRAVO!!

Old 07-10-2016, 10:20 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Taking the perp out with a robot. How is this different than taking the perp out with a sniper from 300 yards? Same result.

Much messier and more expensive, otherwise same result.
Shooter "neutralized" and no further casualties to law enforcement.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Much messier and more expensive, otherwise same result.
Shooter "neutralized" and no further casualties to law enforcement.
Yes, one shot kill would be preferable. But if the robot is the only way to take out the threat immediately then that should be the call. No question.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
I'd hate to be the cleanup crew on that crime scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf5S-1tJlg0

Old 07-11-2016, 07:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Snipers are NEVER taken prisoner. Killing this guy with a remotely guided missile, admittedly a slow missile, is the same as killing a terrorist with a drone. Excellent adaptation of an existing system for a different purpose.

My only question is couldn't they have found a cheaper one at their local Radio Shack?

Old 07-11-2016, 07:11 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
They want driverless cars, robot workers, you can believe they'll want robot cops and robot military to take out bad guys or anybody classified as a bad guy.
Drones were fine until civilians started using them. Kind of like how guns are okay but civilians aren't supposed to have them, either. Surveillance cams are great but don't videotape anybody in authority doing anything or it will be confiscated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies