Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 07:35 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No. I am, however, fine with using drones - from air or from the ground - when an armed mass murderer is resisting arrest and threatening to kill anyone who is trying to arrest him or her.
Who gets to make that call?

In most cases, accused armed mass murderers, don't come out and say, it's me - i did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 07:44 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The person in charge of the particular incident, using what ever information that have on hand at the time.

A decision may be the right one or the wrong one, people sometimes make mistakes. No matter what they do the armchairs will criticize. Some will agree, some won't, most people go through life never being placed in a high stress/pressure situation where a split second decision is needed, but they'll have plenty of opinion on how it should have been done.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:47 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
I'm fine with this, but I have to wonder if some of you would be cheering so loudly if the Bundy standoffs had been resolved with drone strikes. (Careful what you wish for)

Old 07-10-2016, 07:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

In most cases, accused armed mass murderers, don't come out and say, it's me - i did it.
If an armed person is resisting arrest and threatening police officers who are trying to arrest them, I think it's understandable and morally acceptable for the police to kill that person rather than put other lives at serious risk. It doesn't matter to me whether they use a gun, a drone, or a robot.

Don't resist arrest while brandishing a weapon and saying you're going to kill people. Not a good decision.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I'm fine with this, but I have to wonder if some of you would be cheering so loudly if the Bundy standoffs had been resolved with drone strikes. (Careful what you wish for)
Not even remotely the same situation. I'm sure many would have objected if they did that. nothing but one of many "what if's" we could all come up with.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:00 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
The govt trained mass killer was cornered with nowhere to go, there was no reason to blow him up with a drone and set a terrible precedent. Let him shoot himself or surrender and spend life in prison after a trial.

And of no small importance, law enforcement had already incorrectly identified an individual as the shooter. He should feel lucky he wasn't executed before the mistake was realized.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The govt trained mass killer was cornered with nowhere to go, there was no reason to blow him up with a drone and set a terrible precedent. Let him shoot himself or surrender and spend life in prison after a trial.
He had already shot one more officer while "cornered with nowhere to go", threats of explosives were made, negotiations went nowhere, addition threats to officers were made. How long should they have waited in your estimation for the killer to relocate his lost mind and surrender?

Old 07-10-2016, 08:24 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
He apparently was not going out alive. I believe one of the Cops killed was shot during the negotiations. He was not giving up, he was extremely violent and he had already shot about 14 people.

Kill the SOB. If taken alive, Texas would have put a needle in his arm after spending Millions giving him a "Fair" trial.

No use risking anyone else to save this guy. They made the right call.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:25 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
By far the most awesome way the police have ever taken down a suspect.
Johnson wasn't a "suspect" - he was a Terrorist who SAID he wanted to Kill White people, but most especially White Cops. A White Police Officer was Killed by Johnson is that Garage while they "negotiated" for over 2 hours to get him to surrender. He admitted what he and done, and WHY he did it.
There is no "we don't know what his motive was" -- He SAID what his motive was.

The order to use the Robot was given by a Black Police Chief, who is celebrated for his policies on Community Policing - Dallas is the DOJ Model program for what they want all City Police Departments to do. And yet - is it a surprise that the Leftist Media and Social Media Warriors and now attacking him for making sure this BLM Inspired/Radicalized Terrorist was stopped from his goal of "Kill White People"?

Don't Make the Black Kids Angry

Old 07-10-2016, 08:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I'm fine with it too but I also see how the Bundy's were handled with kid gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If an armed person is resisting arrest and threatening police officers who are trying to arrest them, I think it's understandable and morally acceptable for the police to kill that person rather than put other lives at serious risk. It doesn't matter to me whether they use a gun, a drone, or a robot.

Don't resist arrest while brandishing a weapon and saying you're going to kill people. Not a good decision.
Tell me why the Bundy clan escaped unscathed. They were brandishing weapons; took over federal land, AND threatening to kill.

Yet they came out alive.

Now I wonder what the difference was.

IF we cannot admit that black lives do seem to have less value in our society - then we can never, ever hope for any of this to get better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies