Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 12:06 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Where would you suggest that the nation be divided? It would be awkward for the true blue states like Connecticut and California to be part of the same nation and be thousands of miles apart with a foreign country dividing them. And what about "purple" states like Michigan that only go blue in national elections but are solid red at the state level? Which way would they go? What if someone is a right wing conservative in a state like New York? Would they have to move out of their native state and relocate somewhere like Texas or Utah?
If it happened it would be basically a Blue League of Cities similar to Ancient Greece. I think you would see red counties in blue states secede and blue cities in red states also secede. It would be messy. I'm not saying I want it to happen but if the economy starts collapsing due to mass unrest and people continue having no faith in the federal govt it will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 12:11 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
I see this resulting in a renewed AWB, especially if the criminal Clintons resume power.

The govt will repress the people and the people will submit. A few lone wolves will attack and die.

Lawful citizens will be the ones to pay.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:13 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
More cops shot. More nationwide unrest. Are we at or approaching a key turning point in our history? If police all around the country decide to aggressively and proactively protect themselves, will the coming, inevitable confrontations with various lawless groups masquerading as defenders of civil rights explode into much more tragic situations? Do you think that, for lack of a better term, a 'race war' is on the horizon?
Could we actually be in a martial law situation?
It's not a race war. It's criminal activity.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's not a race war. It's criminal activity.
I agree. Blacks want 'equal treatment' and to prove they deserve equal treatment, they act like people who don't deserve equal treatment.

They can't strongarm us into thinking their 'lives matter', an entire culture needs to change and i don't see that happening anytime soon, especially with Hillary in charge.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:07 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
These issues going on could of been avoided if the early 90 Presidential elections went another way. Need to do away with EEO, affirmitive action, asking about criminal history, decrease and set stipulations of those on welfare, end the war on drugs, legalize marijuana, and let police/State deal with their own issues.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:11 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
The more this happens the more the country is going to lean towards the law and order candidate, and that ain't Hillary.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:12 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The more this happens the more the country is going to lean towards the law and order candidate, and that ain't Hillary.
What would the law and order candidate propose to resolve this situation?

Old 07-17-2016, 01:23 PM

391 posts, read 290,486 times
Quote:
More cops shot. More nationwide unrest. Are we at or approaching a key turning point in our history? If police all around the country decide to aggressively and proactively protect themselves, will the coming, inevitable confrontations with various lawless groups masquerading as defenders of civil rights explode into much more tragic situations? Do you think that, for lack of a better term, a 'race war' is on the horizon?
Could we actually be in a martial law situation?
I think things have to change.

15 years ago I lived in MS.

When I first got there I lived on one side of the tracks. It was great. Mixed neighborhood, kids playing, cops friendly.

About a year into my stay, I moved to the other side to save money on rent. Oh, boy... had police roadblocks early in the morning (checking ID), got a ticket for speeding within my first month, etc. Found out the area was policed heavily due to crime and drug use. I did not see too much of that myself.

I moved back to the other side of the tracks and never seen another police officer, except when they waved at me good morning as I sped past.

If you don't live on the other side of the tracks at least once in your life, you can't imagine what it is like. I won't go back.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:29 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
What would the law and order candidate propose to resolve this situation?
I know Johnson wants to stop war on drugs and legalize marijuana. Now his other stance is a bit odd where wants to use one police department that wuld be the model for law enforcement from federal to state to local levels to follow.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:33 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
If police all around the country decide to aggressively and proactively protect themselves, will the coming, inevitable confrontations with various lawless groups masquerading as defenders of civil rights explode into much more tragic situations?
They won't. Our society is too litigious and likes to use "shaming" to encourage lone wolf attacks.
Police will go the other way. They will hole up inside station houses and only show up to write reports and close investigations.
The real breaking point will follow when police stop investigating vigilante activity and those who can afford it start relying on private armed security at the neighborhood level. Private security guards don't have to follow the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies