Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 07:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
That's deep. Now how does one individual convince another individual to agree on the same thing?

They are individual natural rights, not the collective natural rights.
The only thing I have to convince another individual about is, that they will die, if they use force to convince me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
How do I make it sound all good? I am interested in seeing how you can try and put more words in my mouth.

Aren't you the master of that tactic?

Old 07-23-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Not sure what Trump has to do with this, but you are right, I didn't think Republican voters would be stupid enough to nominate Trump as the GOP nominee....I guess they are dumber than I give them credit for.
You have been so wrong how many times now? Who is the stupid dumb one? I will take what has been said with a grain of salt, thank you. LOL!

Old 07-23-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx
If you want to back up your claim, you will need to post evidence of this happening. I don't live in California, so I don't have any interest in what their laws say.

Except that the law is "open to interpretation" and the police, district attorneys, and judges aren't following the law as written.

Example: a man was arguing with his wife and threatening to divorce her. Three days later she called 911, in a drunken stupor, and claimed he was suicidal. The police "detained" him - keep in mind being detained isn't being arrested - they confiscated his one handgun and then made the decision that neither of them should be able to own a gun. He was placed on a 72 hour hold and released in just 10 hours. The wife tried to recant when she realized what she had done, and the cops ignored her pleas. Tough sh5t the damage was done.

If he had fought this ridiculous charge, which breaks all Constitutional laws, CA would have denied him and filed with the feds removing his rights for life.

The problem is the entire case was based on him saying "you're killing me"

Have any of you ever said that? I'd bet EVERY ONE OF YOU has in the past as a facetious sarcasm.

Guess what... the guy lost his rights for 5 years, for being sarcastic.

Yea, we are being disarmed and I don't care what state you live in, this is happening everywhere... so wise up!

I'd move to Texas

Old 07-23-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Didn't you folks blame mental health? Are you surprised that your half @ss effort on gun control led to half @ss legislation?

You complain that criminals don't follow laws.

You complain that mental health is an issue.

Take the hint, and put forth actual solutions or they'll be made for you.

There was a good reason there were insane asylums.... So the people didn't kill them with their guns, when they got violent. Or they didn't take a gun and go kill.

So, let's let them all loose to roam freely and lets take all the guns.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I support background checks that check to ensure that the individual is not a legal immigrant/here on a VISA/Illegal Immigrant, has no current restraining orders, has no history of domestic violence, no history of committing a felony, no previous or current history of gang involvement, and has not been incarcerated for 5 or more than 5 years. Other then that I am cool for anyone to have a firearm. Though semi automatics should be locked and stored at a shooting range/only used at an official shooting range facility. For open care and nationwide open carry law/permit. Stricter incarceration for illegall possession of a firearm and using a firearm in any crime.

Wait, wait wait.... Did you ever read the 2nd Amendment?

It does not say the right of citizens, that are non-felons and mentally stable.
What makes those "people" no longer "People"

The right of the "People" to keep & bear arms.
Is this what Jetgraphics was referring to, when talking about sovereign and citizen?

There is no such thing as an "illegal weapon" or "illegal firearm" according to the 2nd, Amendment.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
BB - as you know most of the Asylums were closed on the 70's and 80's because of cost. They have been running around loose without care since then. The kid that shot up the Sandy Hook school is a poster boy for letting the nuts running around loose. That kid should have been in an asylum receiving proper treatment or just kept away from other people.

I have no problem with background checks as one would only reveal a very small part of my past. It would not be a good predictor of my future behavior.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Another day, another thread from a gun lobby puppet.
Since we have the 2nd Amendment, all 320 million of us and the 20 million Mexican, El Salvadorians, Costa Ricans, Dominicans, Panamanians and all parts south, along with Canadians, who reside here are the gun lobby, against the overbearing government set on disarming the public... The very reason the 2nd Amendment is there in the first place. The founders knew once government got so big, it would come after the weapons, that maintain a free state, with liberties for all.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
BB - as you know most of the Asylums were closed on the 70's and 80's because of cost. They have been running around loose without care since then. The kid that shot up the Sandy Hook school is a poster boy for letting the nuts running around loose. That kid should have been in an asylum receiving proper treatment or just kept away from other people.

I have no problem with background checks as one would only reveal a very small part of my past. It would not be a good predictor of my future behavior.

The background check, places you on a registry government has access to, when it comes time to take them away. No thanks!
Those with criminal backgrounds are not going to gun stores and buying their weapons.

All my guns were made before serial numbers were placed upon them by law, to track them(which is unconstitutional for government to track arms) That is a registry that can be used to confiscate all arms, which the SC has determined to be unconstitutional.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:53 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wait, wait wait.... Did you ever read the 2nd Amendment?

It does not say the right of citizens, that are non-felons and mentally stable.
What makes those "people" no longer "People"

The right of the "People" to keep & bear arms.
Is this what Jetgraphics was referring to, when talking about sovereign and citizen?

There is no such thing as an "illegal weapon" or "illegal firearm" according to the 2nd, Amendment.
Individuals who are mentally health issues can own firearms and be diligent gun owners. They have not chosen to have mental health issues. However, am individual makes a choice to give up his rights as a future gun owner when committing certain crimes and illegal activities.

Constitution is set up as well as laws to protect the rights and lives of individuals. However, the 2nd Ammendment is a right earned by citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies