Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:49 PM

3,700 posts, read 4,844,822 times

Advertisements

I stopped reading because of all the BS. Give me a break, and I am as anti-illegal as they come.

Many get a tourist AND a business visa issued together. My now wife did as well as many of her friends. Many think the business visa is a work visa, in which it IS NOT and I know of a few who were deported for that reason. I don't feel sorry for them one bit. How did my wife get a business visa along with her tourist visa? It was for her to come to the US to buy things to take to Costa Rica to sell. Others may get it for different purposes, such as working for a US company and having to occasionally fly to the Us for meetings or conventions. Gee, I would think working for an agency and going to the US for a photo shoot would fall into a similar category. And 20 plus years ago, probably doesn't remember the exact name of her visa/visa's. I think my wife had a b1/B2 when she got hers (now a legal resident). Which one was tourist, which one was business I have no idea. B2 perhaps for business.

My point is that she probably was issued both visas because of her line of work and one let her do shoots in the US. She was probably paid in her native country for her modeling so the US shoots were nothing more then that. A photo shoot.

Not much different then me, 100% legally working on US ownd boats in assorted Latin American country's and getting my pay deposited into my US bank account from the US company I worked for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 05:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
As a legal immigrant myself, this is a non-issue.

She entered the country legally on a visa. Her photo shoot is being considered work, for which she should have entered on a work visa. It's trivial.
BUT SHE LIED-- AGAIN. !!!

Melania Trump is not fit to be our First Lady--

1. She plagiarized part of Michelle Obaba's speech.

2. She lied about having a college degree. She doesn't.

3. She lied to get a visitor's visa when she planned to work and should have applied for a H1-B Visa.

Also, she has posed a number of times nude for magazines. Not the classiest of people for First Lady. (Although given the classless behavior of the average Trump supporter, that won't make a difference to them.)

Old 08-04-2016, 05:26 PM

4,251 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Politico is balanced. Many on the left think it is too right wing.
I read it quite a bit (daily). I certainly don't believe for a minute it is balanced!! On the other hand, I do believe that many on the "far" left believe it is too far to the right.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:12 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post

3. She lied to get a visitor's visa when she planned to work and should have applied for a H1-B Visa.

Also, she has posed a number of times nude for magazines. Not the classiest of people for First Lady. (Although given the classless behavior of the average Trump supporter, that won't make a difference to them.)

If Melania Trump becomes First Lady will send Jackie Kennedy, Nancy Reagan, Eleanor Roosevelt, and a bunch of others who once held that position spinning in their graves.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
She did not have that H1B3 visa:
"The H-1B3 visa holder can work legally in the U.S. for the employer for up to a maximum of six years." - no need to leave every few months to keep in status

"requires a prominent fashion model of distinguished merit and abilities" - Melania was an unknown minor model scrounging for work, reduced to b-roll lesbian photos, - not a supermodel or prominent fashion model of distinguished merit and abilities

It would be so easy for Melania just to say what visa she had. What is she hiding? Did she use her fake university credentials to get a visa and green card?
once again, sh emight have been relying on what she was told about the visa(s) she obtained. not everyone is an immigration lawyer you know, often times we depend on the experts to give us the information we need. sometimes that information is wrong and unless we are called on it, we wouldnt know.

this is a trifling issue though, really not worth the effort the DNC and others are putting into it.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:25 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, it's not trivial.

For example, in Thailand if someone comes in on a "non-work" visa and is found to be working, they are usually booted out of the country.

It's about following the law (which Republicans have been hyper about in terms of immigration in this election...including the Orange One) versus not following the law. I guess if Donnie had been president at the time, he would have kicked her out of the country. Hypocrisy is the issue here.

LOL! Since when have Democrats ever been interested in enforcing immigration laws?

That's cute!

Bless your heart...

Old 08-04-2016, 06:33 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:

Did they make First Lady an elected office? I must've missed that...

Old 08-04-2016, 06:40 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
What are you guys gonna do? Deport her. Maybe she overstayed her visa... I don't know. She's now married and an American citizen.

Not sure what the statue of limitations is.

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not sure what the statue of limitations is.

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!
There is no statue of limitations when you lie on your visa or citizenship application.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:59 PM

8,605 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:

1. ...and Michelle lifted parts of hers from Alinsky's - Michelle Obama Copied Alinsky in Speech Melania Trump Plagiarized

2. This becomes confusing because an article interview from October of 2015 had her already stating that she abandoned her degree when she pursued modeling. Who was managing her website?

3. Perhaps I'm confused...I thought many Dems were FOR illegal immigration...is that unless it defeats their agenda?

Not a Republican here, but I'm classy enough to not make sweeping generalizations about the presumed classless behavior of a segment of the population. I think your comments are classless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies