Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 04:17 PM

100 posts, read 41,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Yes, I am very aware.

All 4 schools of Sunni Islam, have a consensus that the punishment for apostasy from Islam is death.
It depends on who is in power. How do you think the powerful Ottoman Empire operated? It had all faiths within the kingdom the freedom to practice their faiths.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Brother, I think you are just a victim of revisionist history. Those books you read? They are nothing compared to the bible. Do you know how many frauds have tried to warp the good word over the thousands of years?

Of course Jesus was a Jew. But the Jewish leadership just didn't want to accept him as their savior, but Jesus was here for everyone, not just them.

Just like the Lutherans broke away from the corrupt Catholic Church..the Church that Jesus started but was corrupted by sin. But still based on the same thing.

Mohamed was not a holy man. He was a creep.
Christianity has to be decided on and argued over.... Not nearly as holy as the bible being the word of God...

Amazing how much of Christianity resembles the pagan cultures that preceded it but that's how you get a religion started... Convince the natives to join it by emulating their religion.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:22 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1033 View Post
It depends on who is in power. How do you think the powerful Ottoman Empire operated? It had all faiths within the kingdom the freedom to practice their faiths.
Freedom of religion did not exist in the Ottoman Empire. Apostasy was punishable by death.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:26 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Congrats to her!

Old 08-11-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Freedom of religion did not exist in the Ottoman Empire. Apostasy was punishable by death.
Not true.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:35 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Where does it say in the Koran that girls should be sexually mutilated?

Answer: nowhere.

Genital mutilation is cultural. It's not mandated by religion.

And Sharia law is not something that is set in stone. Each Islamic theocracy has a different legal code, with some profound differences. How do YOU explain that? I'm asking you because you seem to think of yourself as an expert on Islam and Sharia law.
"Genital mutilation is cultural. It's not mandated by religion."

I'll listen to the Muslims in their countries like Moderate Indonesia to tell me it's an Islamic practice and not an internet know it all. Everyone knows it originally came from African tribes, but it took Islam to bring the practice all over the world. Look into it, you may learn something about your own religion.

"Many Indonesian women carry out the religion part of their religion"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf1IevoyZ0w

And the Somali version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Fg7aqlN44

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-11-2016 at 04:55 PM..

Old 08-11-2016, 04:38 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
When enough of them get here, they will eventually infiltrate our government and manipulate laws to turn the constitution into Sharia. They all believe Sharia Supercedes our US Constitution.
Don't have time to wade through several pages of posts so......

There is already a large Somali population in parts of Minnesota, they have been there for some time and IIRC started as refugees were resettled in that state. Try getting a taxi in any of the larger Minnesota areas or near airports, chances are the driver will be a Somali. Long story short it isn't wholly "Rose Nylund" land anymore. Well maybe "St. Olaf" but Saint Paul is a different matter.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Genital mutilation is cultural. It's not mandated by religion."

I'll listen to the Muslims in their countries like Moderate Indonesia to tell me it's an Islamic practice and not an internet know it all. Everyone knows it originally came from African tribes, but it took Islam to bring the practice all over the world. Look into it, you may learn something about your own religion.

"Many Indonesian women carry out the religion part of their religion"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf1IevoyZ0w

And the Somali version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTg4RSmnB_o
YouTube videos eh....

If I show you big foot on YouTube will you believe it? YouTube videos are the 2016 version of chain emails.... A sucker born every minute.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Jesus did or some of his followers did? I'm pretty sure Jesus was not involved in founding the Catholic Church.
Lol...no brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Brother, I think you are just a victim of revisionist history. Those books you read? They are nothing compared to the bible. Do you know how many frauds have tried to warp the good word over the thousands of years?

Of course Jesus was a Jew. But the Jewish leadership just didn't want to accept him as their savior, but Jesus was here for everyone, not just them.

Just like the Lutherans broke away from the corrupt Catholic Church..the Church that Jesus started but was corrupted by sin. But still based on the same thing.

Mohamed was not a holy man. He was a creep.
If Jesus was a Jew and even the Jews, his own people didn't accept him and thought he was a fraud, then why would I accept him when I'm black, not Jewish, and 2000 years removed from the situation and didn't see any of that stuff firsthand.

If I didn't see it, it's hearsay. He walked on water? He gave a dead man life? Really?

Answer this: what's more likely...that a man will tell a lie, or that nature as we know it will go out of its normal course?

You know the answer, and if you doubt it, go walk on water yourself and tell me how it went.

Wake up dude. Don't let your life be regulated by ancient superstitions.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:58 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1033 View Post
YouTube videos eh....

If I show you big foot on YouTube will you believe it? YouTube videos are the 2016 version of chain emails.... A sucker born every minute.
So Youtube videos are not real even when they're published by UNICEF, CNN, the World Health Organization and others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies