Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 04:06 PM

6,804 posts, read 4,512,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
lmao. you aint going to do anything rambo.

Try me.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:08 PM

7,477 posts, read 4,042,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you can't follow along I will not repeat myself.

"following" your line of reasoning is like trying to keep a boa constrictor straight.........

Old 08-15-2016, 04:09 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,539,684 times
There's a lot of race fatigue in America right now. People are on edge and ready for trouble. Going into the 'burbs looking for easy targets is about as smart as coming at a cop with a gun.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:13 PM

455 posts, read 284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Try me.

im coming

Old 08-15-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
im coming
*insert dirty joke here*

Old 08-15-2016, 04:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,376,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Another case of a Cop shooting a Black man, and then a riot breaks out afterwards. And from what I heard, the man shot got shot was armed with a stolen weapon. Can't people wait until all the facts come out?

Violence breaks out in Milwaukee following officer-involved shooting | FOX6Now.com
Pull a gun on a cop and expect to be shot. But the "BLM" crowd will blame the cop for protecting himself.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:20 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,048,134 times
I know it seems like I'm playing both sides here, but truth is, while I disagree and hate what's happening, and look down on those doing harm, I think I understand the why.

IMHO there's a perception in the black community that, fair or unfair, that their lives matter less than other Americans, based on evidence of police biases and conduct against their communities, it won't matter if this or the next shooting is 'justified' – the perception will be that it wasn't.
I'm thinking this is a result of faith in the justice system erode to the point where actually enforcing the law becomes difficult, even though that will hurt that community. My thought is that the US needs immediate, structural, and cultural rebuilding of the trust between police and the black communities. How can this happen- I do not know, sadly.

Is this a fair assessment ?

Old 08-15-2016, 04:23 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,298,270 times
Quote:
lmao. you aint going to do anything rambo.
I'm wondering why you would be snarky about that. I mean, it's highly unlikely violent mobs are going to attack suburbs in Milwaukee or anywhere else anytime soon.

But, let's say they did. What do you think people would do? I'm going to guess 80% maybe 90% of the homeowners in my neighborhood are well-armed. It's not about being "Rambo." I would absolutely maim or kill to protect myself, my family, and my property, and I'd expect most others to follow suit.

And nobody's suggesting leaving home armed to attack mobs anywhere.

Just wondering why the snark.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm wondering why you would be snarky about that. I mean, it's highly unlikely violent mobs are going to attack suburbs in Milwaukee or anywhere else anytime soon.

But, let's say they did. What do you think people would do? I'm going to guess 80% maybe 90% of the homeowners in my neighborhood are well-armed. It's not about being "Rambo." I would absolutely main or kill to protect myself, my family, and my property, and I'd expect most others to follow suit.

Because racist blacks like to think of white people as squeaky clean soft little beings with no ability to stand up for themselves. This is why we often hear "why don't you say that to a black person's face" when a white person criticizes blacks. That response right there perpetuates two stereotypical messages: 1) blacks can't handle criticism without using their fists and 2) white people are cowardly. Both stereotypes can be proven false OR correct, so it's a wash at the end of the day, but people *do* love their stereotypes all the same.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:30 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,048,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post

But, let's say they did. What do you think people would do? I'm going to guess 80% maybe 90% of the homeowners in my neighborhood are well-armed. It's not about being "Rambo." I would absolutely maim or kill to protect myself, my family, and my property, and I'd expect most others to follow suit.

It's just another Tuesday on CD- that's most likely why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies