Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 06:59 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
TAMIR RICE -- The cops didn't think that one through. Rather than roar up the where the child was standing with the gun, placing the passenger officer inches away from the child, the driver should have parked a safe distance away in order to assess the situation. They knew there was a gun involved, either real or a toy.
The officer who shot had no choice in my opinion. He was placed in harms way by his comrade. Some type of charges should have been filed against that driver, but instead his actions continue to be ignored.

ERIC GARNER - His big crime was selling single cigarettes to friends who couldn't afford entire packs. He was executed on an American street corner by a cop. Garner wasn't fighting with the cops. He wasn't armed. In his mind he thought he shouldn't be arrested for that. Big sin, right?! How many officers were on that scene? Plenty. If you put someone in a strangle hold, you'd better make sure you don't kill him.

These are the only two deaths that remain questionable in my mind. They shouldn't have happened... and the cops are to blame.

None of it, however, spells out "Burn the city down".

BY THE WAY... The news media (TV) has little to no coverage on the Milwaukee riot. Wonder why?
Eric Garner wasn't executed by anybody. He died in an ambulance of cardiac arrest after a rough chokehold. He was severely obese and had heart and lung problems which contributed to his demise. I agree that the cops were shaking him down over seriously petty crap, but he was an unrepentant recidivist (30 arrests in 34 years) who scoffed at the law over and over again. As I said earlier in this thread, we don't have an alternate set of laws for hood rats.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Eric Garner wasn't executed by anybody. He died in an ambulance of cardiac arrest after a rough chokehold. He was severely obese and had heart and lung problems which contributed to his demise. I agree that the cops were shaking him down over seriously petty crap, but he was an unrepentant recidivist (30 arrests in 34 years) who scoffed at the law over and over again. As I said earlier in this thread, we don't have an alternate set of laws for hood rats.

Hood rat?! No doubt you're white.

Would you consider it an execution if he were your son rather than some... "hood rat"?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Instead of answering my question, you insult my post. Answer why blacks riot over pretty everything not going there way these days. Theres been unarmed whites killed by cops-no riots. why not? why do so many blacks play the victim card when asked to follow the rules. I can give a ton of example of that in my experience when I lived in America-but why bother-you'd dismiss them as false and stupid. We can both cherry pick examples, but from what I'm seeing in the news over there, BLM is embracing racism and victimhood like no other. i know lots of white do wrong, at least i can admit it. Is this ok in your black apologist "mind"

https://www.facebook.com/jessicaburl...4/?pnref=story

FYI, I am black. All black people are not a part of BLM and the media/news does not tell the whole story. I've learned over my lifetime that they mostly distort the truth and shouldn't be taken as "the truth" at all. People who believe everything they see on TV and especially everything they read on the internet or watch on various social media sites and youtube are proof of how anti-intellectual and ignorant our society is becoming.

In regards to black people rioting. There has not been an usual amount of riots IMO in America over the past few years. This is the first one this year that I am aware of. What others happened this year? FYI a "protest" is not a riot.

There are more riots every year by majority white people about sports in the US than any sort of police riot/backlash. If anything the whites are rioting over "petty" and stupid things like sports championships.

Also, black people being killed by police officers and mistreated on a constant basis by police in specific areas is not "petty."

And you may not like it and others may not like it, but as a black person, I do feel that we black people care more about injustice and about our sons and daughters being killed by a government force than whites do in general. We are much more willing to speak up about this sort of thing and not accept what the government does to us silently. We also are much more likely to organize, it is a part of our culture, not the false, skewed "black culture" that you believe from media, but our real culture where social activism is a huge component. We have a long history of being oppressed by the government and a majority of us feel that we have come a long way and we are not going to take a lot of sh__ anymore and go backwards just because other people want to ignore racism in law enforcement. When this occurs in poor, volatile communities - perceived oppression - riots can and do happen. The people feel threatened so they lash out. It is not over anything petty.

But again, I am a very non-violent sort of person. I am not the type to believe that violence or rioting does anything of value in most circumstances. I feel it is reactionary and is a display of ones frustration and helplessness and anger.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:33 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Hood rat?! No doubt you're white.

Would you consider it an execution if he were your son rather than some... "hood rat"?
I'm not. I'm South Pacific Islander. Aren't you a clever one.

My son wouldn't *get* arrested 30 times. If he did, I'd cease to support him. That's the difference between a respectful citizen and a hood rat.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Eric Garner wasn't executed by anybody. He died in an ambulance of cardiac arrest after a rough chokehold.
One that was banned from police officers to use.

Quote:
He was severely obese and had heart and lung problems which contributed to his demise. I agree that the cops were shaking him down over seriously petty crap, but he was an unrepentant recidivist (30 arrests in 34 years) who scoffed at the law over and over again. As I said earlier in this thread, we don't have an alternate set of laws for hood rats.
Most all petty things that so many never get harassed for. In any flea market around the country there are thousands of people selling items while not paying the tax on those items. How many are arrested?

Eric Garner was doing nothing illegal when he was accosted.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:40 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The problem is that the police lie so often and get away with their lies so many times that we can no longer take for granted what they said is the truth.
I'll agree that does happen, but rioting does not help anything.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'll agree that does happen, but rioting does not help anything.
When we do not fix the problem the only resource left is action. Again, I will point out, this idea is what built this country. It's an option that Thomas Jefferson knew would have to be used.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:51 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times
Quote:
Had EG submitted to being cuffed he'd be alive today.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:51 AM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When we do not fix the problem the only resource left is action. Again, I will point out, this idea is what built this country. It's an option that Thomas Jefferson knew would have to be used.
There is one thing that I find disturbing though. Attacking random people in the streets who had nothing to do with the situation.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Had EG submitted to being cuffed he'd be alive today.
They had NO reason to cuff him. This has to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies