Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 04:12 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
It would be great if people read post #549 of this thread. I wrote it, but it is certainly an important thing to concern ones self with to improve situations in these communities.

BE SMART - Use the system to fight your battles, don't let your ego bring about situations, where you may not get to live to fight your battles the proper and legal way.

Its too late. They are playing a very simple game. They want to concentrate on some detail like someone stalling to pay a contractual agreement. They know they cannot come up with the goods so they are not going to pay rent until the leaky faucet is fixed. Unjustified police homicides is rarer than a snake bite. However until its perfect they want to squat rent free. If one person is shot it justified rioting, failure and runaway violence. They will continue to to get worse. The good among them will flee and the rot will only worsen. Wish we could toss in the liberals who created this mess.....

Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have noted that it is not just blacks that are affected by this. I support BLM because they are at least doing something about it.
No they aren't. They're losing popular support for actions like this and on top of that will lose their funding once the election cycle finishes.

Lie to me. Tell me that they are taking Chicago to task over the Laquan McDonald cover-up.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No they aren't. They're losing popular support for actions like this and on top of that will lose their funding once the election cycle finishes.

Lie to me. Tell me that they are taking Chicago to task over the Laquan McDonald cover-up.
Where they followed Rahm all the way to D.C. to protest this shooting?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:22 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
The people who love bringing up Dr King always seem to forget that part conveniently, Lol.
Sometimes seems like.

Some of those same folks also seemingly believe Dr. King & Malcolm X were somehow adversaries. As if. They had much in common, including the very tragic fact that both had their lives cut short through assasination.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:13 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
I've stated over and over and over and over that the problem does not lie with all police. That the overwhelming majority of police interactions go smoothly in any given day just as they should. On occasion one is even dealt with when they do wrong.

That in no way excuses where it does not. Just because most go fine does not mean we over look where it does not.

I've stated that to undertake civil disobedience one must be willing to accept the consequences. I've never said we should over look anyone that breaks the law. Torch a police car, get caught, you should be prosecuted.

When a police officer or a prosecuting attorney lies or hides evidence, what should happen?
We know what happened when a crooked Prosecuting Attorney in Baltimore LIED and hide evidence -- her case was thrown out 4 times by the Judge and she was forced into dropping the rest of her fraudulent charges.

Of course she was a BLM Activist and attempting to railroad a bunch of Cops - not the narrative you prefer to believe.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:13 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
As to your first point, yes there was.

Morning Bell: Occupy Wall Street Gets More Violent

As to your second, you'll have to come up with an example for me to comment.

If you take the time to read my posts you will see where I have condemned these actions for years. Mostly by myself just like here.

I've addressed this over and over. Because justice lies and gets away with it.

"Justice" IS lie. "Law and order" is a lie. And it doesn't matter what color your skin is. If you dong have money, or some type of influence, LE and the courts will hand you the poop end. We have discussed so many incidents of LE abuse of lethal force, judges issuing "no knock" warrants with no supporting evidence, shooting up the wrong house, cuffing people n the roadside, taxing them, and tossing their cars, and finding NOTHING, taxing people for asking a question or disagreeing with them, and cling it "failure to comply".... And not all these incidents involved black people. The people we've discussed on here, killed in bogus no knocks and "so sorry, wrong house, incidents, have been predominantly elderly white people.

And, in all but a couple incidents, the cops were cleared. And what did we hear? ** crickets**. I'm thinking, and am convinced, that if a mob of white people did riot over something like one of those incidents, LE response would be swift and lethal. More than likely with the President chiming in about the "radical, racist, white, right wing terror threat". Vowing to destroy it where it lives, and inviting Louis Farahkhan to the Rose Garden for lunch to discuss it, with him and the AG.

Yea, "justice" is dishonest alright.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We know what happened when a crooked Prosecuting Attorney in Baltimore LIED and hide evidence -- her case was thrown out 4 times by the Judge and she was forced into dropping the rest of her fraudulent charges.

Of course she was a BLM Activist and attempting to railroad a bunch of Cops - not the narrative you prefer to believe.

and may face disbarment - after dealing with 5 LEO lawsuits!

Old 08-16-2016, 08:26 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
People with nothing to lose will resort to more extreme actions right or wrong. Whether we agree with it or not this is what is going to happen.

As you note, they will be prosecuted. There will be no system there to cover up and hide what they did. On one side the system works as it should. If you get caught harming someone else, you get charged. On the other side you lie and it gets covered up.

The problem with people who think they have nothing to lose is they are often very wrong.

BLM is not gaining any public sympathy.
In fact with this latest temper tantrum over a black cop shooting an armed suspect they are fast losing sympathy....and the worse they get, the harder it will be for the Democrats to maintain support of the "movement".

Burning, looting and assulting people who had nothing to do with the shooting is not protest.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Default ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
and may face disbarment - after dealing with 5 LEO lawsuits!
She won't be disbarred in Baltimore, Maryland ...... but the folks in Baltimore are going to pay through the nose for electing this Crooked Radical as the Prosecutor. The best anyone can hope for is that she is DONE in Politics.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:38 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
She won't be disbarred in Baltimore, Maryland ...... but the folks in Baltimore are going to pay through the nose for electing this Crooked Radical as the Prosecutor. The best anyone can hope for is that she is DONE in Politics.

My bet is she quits as a unpublished deal to settle the lawsuits out of court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies