Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 02:17 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
You've been bringing raw truth to this thread and I've enjoyed your posts. I take exception though to part of your post that I bolded.

"Living and dying by the sword" infers an understanding that the path you've chosen comes with potentially steep consequences. Here's where the disconnect is. Criminals from the hood commit crime as long as they are free of incarceration to. Too often when they get caught or suffer much more severe consequences, their family and friends take to the streets and protest, willfully oblivious to their arrest records and histories of crime and abuse of others as if they were good Christians and solid community members randomly blindsided by evil police. That's *not* dying by the sword. That's misplaced anger over your odds running out.

People need to stop defending criminals just because they're kin, or friends you came up with. As long as families and friends are willing to clothe, feed, house, and defend repeat offenders, there's little incentive to fly straight. If you choose to defend a 30-time arrestee who was on probation for pending cases with a straight face, you are part of the damn problem. It's called tough love, and it's an integral part of successfully cleaning up one's act.
This is what I meant. Those rioters do not care. Violence is the biggest way they've learned how to resolve conflict. One thing I know of hood rat culture is this: Violence as a means of resolving a problem is considered normal. I'm not defending any criminals. I'm simply stating what you're dealing with when it comes to the attacks on innocent people. People who don't care and they are angry. Violence is what they know best. The protesters were trying to use peaceful means to get their message across. Rioters and looters got in. While some opportunism played a part, you can't discount the hatred, anger, and the "nothing left to lose" element in this.

For instance, someone says "take away public assistance". Most riot situations consist of young men. Young men typically can't get public assistance, unless they are veterans, disabled, or students. I'm saying that the consequences the rioters face are either taking away freedom or taking away life. And I'm willing to bet there are many among the rioters who have criminal records. If one goes to prison, gets out, and finds themselves committing more violent crimes, what does that say? Prison taught them nothing.

Rioting before they knew what really took place shows a lack of stability. Yes, there are those sick of the abuse from some police officers, and officers lying or getting away with it. I get that because it does happen. However, acting before you know all of the facts is a sign of instability. It's a sign of an uncontrollable temper.

My point is this. There are those with little to lose and don't care.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:35 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have noted that it is not just blacks that are affected by this. I support BLM because they are at least doing something about it.

such as? From across the pond, all I see them doing is making ridiculous "safe space" and reparations demands, riots, hating whitey. I'd love to see examples of BLM actually doing something good and productive, besides whining against the unfairness of it all, and making martyrs out of criminals, railing against all evil white folks and their so-called "privilege" Last I checked Whitey in America isn;t given a blank check to make ridiculous demands to be catered to, preferential treatment, and to be treated with kid gloves by cops, regardless of offense.

Again, do ALL black lives matter, or just the ones ended by police? Cause when a single black mom of 5 trying to struggle on a $8 per hour job, and keep her kids safe, gets let go because of greed or some lame reason, are there riots then? Or when EBT is reduced to starvation levels each month because the governor of her state can;t balance a budget-are there riots?

or are there only "calls to our brothers in arms" only when a "soldier for the movement" commits a crime and gets gunned down by the cops, THEN it's go time, but all the every day mundane crap that harms Black America, not a peep.

I grew up in Milwaukee, at one time the Industrial Capital of America. There if you had a pulse, skin color no matter, you'd get a great job, bennies, pension the works. Then globalization came in the Reagan years and those jobs vanished forever, leaving those displaced workers SOL. The black community there suffered greatly as those black displaced workers couldnt get a new job-leading to poverty, crime etc.
Thats' when Milwaukee's Black community took a major hit-but no riots

Now when a career criminal meets Johnny Law and loses- it;s martyrdom and chaos. why?

Old 08-16-2016, 02:43 PM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
I have noted that it is not just blacks that are affected by this. I support BLM because they are at least doing something about it.
BLM is making the situation worse and generating enemies that otherwise would be supporters.

BLM is a terrorist organization and as with any movement based on a lie will fail badly.

BLM was used as a false label to fill the ranks with the befuddled and confused and white liberals who are always out of touch with reality living in a theoretical world. I guess the absence of reality is what binds that group.

BLM are the real 'science deniers'.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
such as? From across the pond, all I see them doing is making ridiculous "safe space" and reparations demands, riots, hating whitey. I'd love to see examples of BLM actually doing something good and productive, besides whining against the unfairness of it all, and making martyrs out of criminals, railing against all evil white folks and their so-called "privilege" Last I checked Whitey in America isn;t given a blank check to make ridiculous demands to be catered to, preferential treatment, and to be treated with kid gloves by cops, regardless of offense.

Again, do ALL black lives matter, or just the ones ended by police? 1. Cause when a single black mom of 5 trying to struggle on a $8 per hour job, and keep her kids safe, gets let go because of greed or some lame reason, are there riots then? 2 Or when EBT is reduced to starvation levels each month because the governor of her state can;t balance a budget-are there riots?
As to your first point, yes there was.

Morning Bell: Occupy Wall Street Gets More Violent

As to your second, you'll have to come up with an example for me to comment.

Quote:
or are there only "calls to our brothers in arms" only when a "soldier for the movement" commits a crime and gets gunned down by the cops, THEN it's go time, but all the every day mundane crap that harms Black America, not a peep.

I grew up in Milwaukee, at one time the Industrial Capital of America. There if you had a pulse, skin color no matter, you'd get a great job, bennies, pension the works. Then globalization came in the Reagan years and those jobs vanished forever, leaving those displaced workers SOL. The black community there suffered greatly as those black displaced workers couldnt get a new job-leading to poverty, crime etc.
Thats' when Milwaukee's Black community took a major hit-but no riots
If you take the time to read my posts you will see where I have condemned these actions for years. Mostly by myself just like here.

Quote:
Now when a career criminal meets Johnny Law and loses- it;s martyrdom and chaos. why?
I've addressed this over and over. Because justice lies and gets away with it.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
BLM is making the situation worse and generating enemies that otherwise would be supporters.
So be it. Those "supporters" ignored them for years. At least now they are not.

Quote:
BLM is a terrorist organization and as with any movement based on a lie will fail badly.

BLM was used as a false label to fill the ranks with the befuddled and confused and white liberals who are always out of touch with reality living in a theoretical world. I guess the absence of reality is what binds that group.

BLM are the real 'science deniers'.
Whatever, they are not going away.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:12 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
It was.
What was?

Quote:
I'm done. I will not discuss things with the dishonest. If you want to go back to your original claim and apologize for changing it, O.K.

I ask you to cite your sources and you call me dishonest? I cite my sources all the time you lazy sac. Are you still dressed in you pajamas or is it so bad its the T-shirt with the gravy stain from last night?

Show me the job offer for CPD of 100k for a beat cop. Do it or ankle grab.

My problem isn't dishonest. Oh no, I get into trouble by being brutally honest. You are not defending your position for anyone but your own grandma who just loves her precious regardless of his incompetence and sloth.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
My problem isn't dishonest.
Dishonesty.

Quote:
We expect the finest and best of humanity to consign their lives to the ghetto for mall cop wages to tenderly disarm lifelong , violent criminals.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:36 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Dishonesty.

Oh thank you Mr spell checker. Thought you were done? Going back on your worthless promises?

I always like to go back and check self declared grammarians where I generally find a ripe field of incompetence and hypocrisy.

//www.city-data.com/forum/45152434-post853.html
afast food worker
How much time did you say you spent at Oxford? And if you are going to get into this business, learn how to use a freaking comma before you continue to humiliate yourself .

Where is that citation of your BS?

Oh here it is, slacker....

http://directives.chicagopolice.org/...CPD-61.400.pdf

That too tough with a diet of Saturday morning cartoons ?

Police Face Severe Shortage of Recruits - ABC News
“You don’t move up in a police department the way you would in a dot-com,” admits Chicago Police Department recruiter Patrick Camden.
And most importantly, few jobs are more dangerous.
“You can get shot at for $40,000, or be home with your family for $60,000,” says Seattle police recruiter Jim Ritter.

So go apply and clean it up.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:54 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
It would be great if people read post #549 of this thread. I wrote it, but it is certainly an important thing to concern ones self with to improve situations in these communities.

Yes, economics is bad, but the people don't help the situations when they allow their kids to disregard and even disrespect school, and assume that it does not matter.

We are living in the age of INFORMATION, its what has people captivated with Facebook, Twitter and every other digital devise that people have as if its an appendage on their body, where their attention is focused.

If one knows this is true, then at what point does anyone have to not be concerned about being and becoming educated.
Black people are FALLING BEHIND, especially black males, we have TOO MANY, who want to make quick money, play gang games, and pretend to be some Rapper styled individual, lost in external imagery, and costume make up suits. And then they go in the streets and kill each other over this FAKED OUT BRAVADO, that is connected to nothing but Belligerent Ego's.

Wise men, Gentlemen and Men who stand as a man, seeks knowledge, pursue understanding that he may gain wisdom, to be a wise and prudent contributor in live.
If you are not doing that by honest and honorable means, then you are defeating yourself.
Stop falling for Dumb Stuff !!!!! The self destructive mentality of "get rich or die trying" IS A FOOLS GAME.

Not one dead person has ever taken not one penny from this earth, they simply die, and within a few years, few people are even talking about them. But the people who make positive contributions in life, they are talked about and revered for eternity in a positive spoken manner.

These "Bristle Up At the Police Madness", is a stupidity cycle that must stop. Everything has to change, not just the police, but the people have to change their mindset and manner when they are being stopped by the Police.
If you feel you are being stopped excessive, then go file a complaint, and stand behind it and pursue justice.

But don't be a fool, and think an attitude on the streets is going to rectify something. It is not, it only contributes to the wrongful escalation of a already fragile situation.

BE WITH A RESPECTFUL MANNER AND DEMEANOR. - "Do Not Let The Situation Bring You To Loose Your Composure".
If a person an out of bounds officer is saying things that are not part of the respectful manner they have sworn to uphold, then do not allow their ignorance or agitation bring you to Loose Your Composure. It is a no win situation, in the streets, Understand, you best course of action is to get through the situation and go and FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT.
The best way to get the bad actors behind the badge off the streets is for people to make sure their complaints are filed, and they keep a copy of it, and if necessary mail it to the Media. In some cases, people may simply need to get legal advice and do what is advised by their legal counsel

BE SMART - Use the system to fight your battles, don't let your ego bring about situations, where you may not get to live to fight your battles the proper and legal way.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:02 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
We have people advocating for the actions of Bull Connor. We have not come very far.
For those of you who don't know who Bull Connor was ......

He was a Life Long Democrat in Alabama - he was a Racist as anyone can ever imagine, and he used his power to refuse to let the Police protect Black people when they were attacked by the KKK. He ordered the use of Fire Hoses at Selma. He was also a big Union supporter and felt that Black people would take away Union jobs. Connor was born in 1897 and died in 1973 --- that was 43 years ago.

His actions were instrumental in the passaged of Civil Rights Laws.

Her we are now - it's the flip side of the Bull Connor Coin. We have Milwaukee Alderman threatening to send the MOBS to Downtown, we have people saying "kill whitey" and go to the suburbs to Burn/Loot/Destroy. Law Enforcement is afraid of the DOJ because if any black person is killed by a Cop (even in the prevention of a crime) .... the MOBS almost immediately appear and destroy whatever they can. 5 people were murdered in 9 hours the day before this latest shooting - the shooter had a long criminal record, a stolen semi-automatic weapon and refused and refused to follow the orders of Police.

He's dead - he is dead because he was a their and because he refused to follow the orders of Law Enforcement. Riots started within hours - 5 businesses burned, shots fired at Firemen - perhaps that's because they use a Water Hose to put out fires. That's exactly the type of mentality these Thugs use.

I guess the Black Community in Milwaukee (and places like Ferguson & Baltimore) have become "Bull Connor". He didn't respect the Law and neither do they. A man born in the 1800's and dead for 43 years is about as poor an excuse as I've heard. Of course - we are talking a poster who STILL thinks Michael Brown was executed with 9 shots to the back while he had his hands up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies