Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:20 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There should be a lame thread tax.
Don't give Uncle Sammy any more ideas.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:23 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Don't give Uncle Sammy any more ideas.
I am sure our insurance costs go up when the insurance company has to cover the businesses so it is already a tax on our insurance policies.. someone is paying for it. and it is the consumer.
I remember when Asbury Park was hit with riots. the town suffered for over 40 years and it is prime beachfront ..

I know they wanted to rebuild an area but the insurance costs were too great so they passed on it.. the town is now just starting to come back.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Drones and cameras. ID them, and send all looters to prison.

Most importantly fire the Democrats who sympathize or many times encourage this behavior.
Go ahead & post examples of democrats who encourage this violence? Should be interesting.

OP, I'm sure you'd be in full support of any tax increase for whites who destroy communities or families with car violence, gun violence, protests, etc., right?

Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
You want me and my black family and friends to pay for this? Why?

Instead, call for a tax on the government officials who allow this burning and looting to continue day after day. These rioters declare war on our cities whenever they feel like it. Would we permit a foreign country come over to loot and burn us to the ground?! If the police were the racist bastards they're accused of being by the news media, they are certainly showing a lot of restraint now, aren't they?

Tax the media for fanning the racial flames every chance they get. Tax them every time another cop dies.

Tax yourself for being racially ignorant, insensitive and for painting all black people with your broad racist brush.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:31 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Go ahead & post examples of democrats who encourage this violence? Should be interesting.

OP, I'm sure you'd be in full support of any tax increase for whites who destroy communities or families with car violence, gun violence, protests, etc., right?
One town decayed because of riots, shootings and the national guard called in.

This is the after math.. of prime property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIRbLJxqvKQ

Old 08-15-2016, 08:43 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I was talking to someone who thought there should be a deterrent for the looting and destruction that happens when the black community thinks that injustice should be met with burning and looting stores and businesses. He thought of a tax that should be placed to cover the cost and a penalty for such behavior on the black community.

Maybe there would be better parenting if the community had to pay for what they have allowed . This should be considered. They must understand that there is a down side to this kind of bad behavior.
What do you think of a black looting and destruction tax on the community? What other deterrent do you think would change this kind of unacceptable behavior?
No. The only people that would suffer are the Blacks who do work hard and earn their way. And there would be alot of lawsuits involving discrimination. Let the looters and rioters pay for their stupidity and let the law abiding people be. The last thing we need is a revival of Jim Crow. And anyone who would come up with such an idea has a bigoted mindset.

And something else. The looters who were burning those stores often don't work. Let's analyze that neighborhood for what it is. Really high unemployment rate. Pretty much no business ownership among those living there. High dropout rate. And a mindset of hopelessness. Those rioters and looters have nothing to lose other than their freedom or their lives.

And the Blacks who rise above that leave the neighborhood, never to return. Those that are there are the ones left behind. The ones who have their act together won't stick around. And those who have jobs but still live there most likely don't want to be there.

No one spoke of such an idea when White sports fans were rioting in San Francisco or Vancouver.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:47 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
I was talking to someone who thought there should be a deterrent for the looting and destruction that happens when the black community thinks that injustice should be met with burning and looting stores and businesses. He thought of a tax that should be placed to cover the cost and a penalty for such behavior on the black community.

Maybe there would be better parenting if the community had to pay for what they have allowed . This should be considered. They must understand that there is a down side to this kind of bad behavior.
What do you think of a black looting and destruction tax on the community? What other deterrent do you think would change this kind of unacceptable behavior?
What a stupid idea. You think the people who have jobs or own property to pay taxes are the ones doing the looting or even allowing their children to do any looting? What an ignorant thought.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:49 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
The tax that should be levied is to make those responsible get out there and clean up and rebuild. Tax not to be considered paid until all harmed parties are able to resume their normal routine. That is a real community service and would certainly help deter this crap.

To even suggest that the black community be held responsible, as a whole, is stupid. Hold responsible the ones who cause the damage. Most decent people will rid themselves of the fools on their own, no tax required.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:52 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
You want me and my black family and friends to pay for this? Why?

Instead, call for a tax on the government officials who allow this burning and looting to continue day after day. These rioters declare war on our cities whenever they feel like it. Would we permit a foreign country come over to loot and burn us to the ground?! If the police were the racist bastards they're accused of being by the news media, they are certainly showing a lot of restraint now, aren't they?

Tax the media for fanning the racial flames every chance they get. Tax them every time another cop dies.

Tax yourself for being racially ignorant, insensitive and for painting all black people with your broad racist brush.
^^This. Making regular, law abiding Black people suffer from this has been my biggest worry. I suspected something like this could be suggested. Making the law abiding Blacks suffer won't stop looters now or in the future. Why? Thugs don't listen. They have no empathy. They have a violent mentality. They are angry at the world and hate everyone, including themselves(I feel like the high rate of Black on Black murder could partly be a manifestation of self-hatred).

And you're right, the media does not help matters. Politicians don't help much either.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:57 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:

are you kidding? They don't have the money to pay any kind of tax...most of them live in Federal housing or in the projects....

this comes from a very uneducated low class/community. Most of these kids are unwanted, on drugs, drink, have no jobs, live off of welfare? Where do you expect them to obtain any money for a tax?

I agree, the behavior is beyond words, upsetting to see so many people who act like this...but it is...and unfortunately, this isn't a quick fix....it comes down to a real ****ty upbringing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies