Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:25 AM

248 posts, read 172,755 times

Advertisements

"Should There Be A Looting and Destruction Tax on the Black Community?"

Yes, by cutting their public assistance by X percentage for a defined period each time there's a breakout. I'm pretty sure the black doctor and his kids aren't out there being savages.
The bottom line is this: Black people only listen to black people, they only allow themselves to be encouraged by black people so until legitimate blacks start to condemn the acts of illegitimate blacks the cycle will continue.
So long as we have the Kanye West's and such excusing and basically encouraging the animal like behaviors we will keep seeing more of the same.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
The other day there was a big BLM protest & rioting in parts of my city. I was in the grocery store around the same time & saw African americans working at the store, going about their business as usual. Do you think these hardworkers who didn't participate in the rioting need to pay for something they didn't do? They are trying to work their way towards a better life so dont judge them based on actions of a few. Imposing tax on the entire race would crush their spirits & push them towards joining rioters because no matter how hard they work, they will still be judged based on their skin color. Judge people based only on their actions & efforts. All the progress the hard working professionals made in their community will go to waste.
totally Agree!

Old 08-15-2016, 09:32 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I was talking to someone who thought there should be a deterrent for the looting and destruction that happens when the black community thinks that injustice should be met with burning and looting stores and businesses. He thought of a tax that should be placed to cover the cost and a penalty for such behavior on the black community.

Maybe there would be better parenting if the community had to pay for what they have allowed . This should be considered. They must understand that there is a down side to this kind of bad behavior.
What do you think of a black looting and destruction tax on the community? What other deterrent do you think would change this kind of unacceptable behavior?
We are free to move about the country and that solution is another example of government overreach into our lives.

If the community businesses are unable to make a living, because of the excessive looting and property damage, then they will move their business elsewhere and the community will become a ghost town.

Actions do have consequence and when the people in that community can no longer shop or work, because businesses have packed up and left, maybe then they will figure it out.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:35 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post

Yes, by cutting their public assistance by X percentage for a defined period each time there's a breakout. I'm pretty sure the black doctor and his kids aren't out there being savages.
The bottom line is this: Black people only listen to black people, they only allow themselves to be encouraged by black people so until legitimate blacks start to condemn the acts of illegitimate blacks the cycle will continue.
So long as we have the Kanye West's and such excusing and basically encouraging the animal like behaviors we will keep seeing more of the same.
Not exactly...

You think they would listen to Clarence Thomas?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:37 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The OP is highlighting a problem.

I don't know how you can ever tax something like that effectively. However, hopefully we can all agree that the behavior displayed in these communities is terrible. I can understand the OP's desire to deter the behavior, because it is destructive and it is costly in numerous ways.

To me - just let freedom take its course. If the behavior causes businesses to leave the area - that is a punishment for the community - in that the convenience is no longer offered, along with the jobs that go with it. And someone needs to communicate that so it is understood - that the reason they have nothing, is because it is too much of a risk to run a business in that area because of the behavior of some people in the community. It's not a race problem... it's bad behavior in general that makes running a business a huge risk in those areas. That needs to be explained clearly to put it back on the community to clean themselves up if they want the conveniences offered to them.

There are many people who would love to help lower income communities through various business opportunities - but the risk is too high right now.
When the riots of Asbury Park happened in the early 1970's , I can assure you that the entire town paid dearly for 40 years of blight. All businesses, all land owners, the entire town paid for the riots.. I posted the ruins of Asbury Park on this tread from youtube... Bruce Springsteen tried for years to bring back this prime area.. all areas were filled with multi-million dollar homes that bordered all of Asbury Park.. it rotted for 40 years.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:39 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post

Who is Kanye West?

Okay, I just looked him up. He's a guy married to a Kardashian.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:46 AM

Springsteen tried to bring Asbury Park back.. after the riots , no one wanted to go there and the city became a ghost town
We need a deterrent from this happening ..

Old 08-15-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Springsteen tried to bring Asbury Park back.. after the riots , no one wanted to go there and the city became a ghost town
We need a deterrent from this happening ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgH_WoS56g

Old 08-15-2016, 09:56 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Cape Cod Todd

The deterrent to riots and looting should be force. What ever happened to the National Guard keeping order or fire hoses, tear gas and dogs breaking up the crowd?
yes, this is needed, something has to be done, this has to stop....if they don't take control it's going to get worse...

Quote:
I saw a video yesterday from Milwaukee were the crowd was shouting about beating up white people and they were trying to stop cars in the streets.

Is this America or some third world country where a coo is taking place?
yup, I agree, we've become a land of lawlessness under this administration and they are doing nothing to stop it....

Quote:
There has to be consequences for negative actions or else why would they stop? So any time some thug is gunned down by the Police we are going to see riots?
They've gotten police so terrified to do their jobs....and it's all about the democratic leaders...who I've seen get up on TV and talk their own police men down....rotten just rotten...and what for, all for votes...b/c they depend on black voters...

I say, when they start rioting like this, bring out the city fire trucks....

Old 08-15-2016, 09:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Which blacks are you gonna send the tax notice to?

Go ahead...send me the tax bill. I've got something special in mind for it.

Hint: when I'm done, you're gonna need to raise a helluva lot more taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies