Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 12:50 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times

Advertisements

The video shows a black bear rummaging around a trash bin in the Canadian woods, where an American bowhunter was waiting, armed with a spear — custom-made and outfitted with a camera to capture the kill.

Josh Bowmar pulled back the spear and let it fly — nearly 40 feet, into his prey.

“I just did something that I don’t think anybody in the world has ever done,” he said on camera, according to the Edmonton Journal.

He added: “He’s going down; I drilled him perfect. That was the longest throw I ever thought I could ever make.”

After impaling the bear, Bowmar is seen on his knees, holding his head and smiling and laughing.

Hunter or Murderer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...-with-a-spear/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYrvUIs6Rcc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 12:53 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,866 times
What a clown...I could see it if he jumped the bear with a pen knife and won the fight...This jerk has no respect for anything...he should have just paid a guy working at the local slaughter house a thousand bucks and speared a cow in a pen.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:05 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Isn't this how animals were killed for thousands of years? I really don't see how any non-vegan could complain. Is it more humane to have your animals pumped full of hormones, raised in a cage, killed, cut up, packaged, purchased at a grocery store and consumed with smile on your face?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:25 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Isn't this how animals were killed for thousands of years? I really don't see how any non-vegan could complain. Is it more humane to have your animals pumped full of hormones, raised in a cage, killed, cut up, packaged, purchased at a grocery store and consumed with smile on your face?
People have always hunted. But who realistically uses a giant bow? What if he missed?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:27 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,381 times
But I thought guns were bad?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Who is eating the meat?

If it is the buzzards, that is wrong. If it is in his freezer, good for him. What an adrenaline rush that must have been. Spot & Stalking hogs with a bow, is pretty heart pounding.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:37 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Great throw. This is human nature at work. The thing was milling around the garbage. It's no different than killing a rat in a dumpster.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:45 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
No- this young guy was an immature thrill seeking idiot. He speared the helpless bear in the side. It wandered off and slowly bled to death. Later he found the dead bear...it was not going to be eaten...this was a stupid thrill kill. He had access to a high powered rifle if he wanted one. Why would he choose to stab the unwitting bear in the guts when he could have dispatched it instantly with a head shot?

I had a quick look at the video...the fact that this kill was so contrived and controlled that he was able to film it was a disgrace...watching this fool jump up and down like a kid who just captured a poky mon was creepy. This was not about hunting for food..this was about some creep getting a kick out of stabbing a dumb bear in the guts with a sharp stick..there is nothing cool about this...He is a jerk....who probably can not even function with a female -if you know what I mean?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:46 PM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
There is a guy who has a hunting show on cable and hunts with a spear. In-fact he has killed a grizzly bear, black bear, water buffalo, zebra and many other animals. Do a Youtube search for Tim Wells.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:51 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
No- this young guy was an immature thrill seeking idiot. He speared the helpless bear in the side. It wandered off and slowly bled to death. Later he found the dead bear...it was not going to be eaten...this was a stupid thrill kill. He had access to a high powered rifle if he wanted one. Why would he choose to stab the unwitting bear in the guts when he could have dispatched it instantly with a head shot?

I had a quick look at the video...the fact that this kill was so contrived and controlled that he was able to film it was a disgrace...watching this fool jump up and down like a kid who just captured a poky mon was creepy. This was not about hunting for food..this was about some creep getting a kick out of stabbing a dumb bear in the guts with a sharp stick..there is nothing cool about this...He is a jerk....who probably can not even function with a female -if you know what I mean?
So you prefer your animals killed quickly with a bullet? Does that make them any less dead? At least with a spear there's a chance of missing or not hitting the right area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies