Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:13 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are the one who needs a safe space. You seem to think only those who agree with you have free speech. Now that is acting like a liberal!

So, liberal, ya got anything... anything besides name calling?
So you admit that being called a liberal hurts?

muhahahaha...........I love this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 09:16 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
how do we know this story is true. I alway tip in cash, maybe they did to and the waitress wasnt happy with the tip. I have seen some waitress that think they deserve five dollar this for one glass of tea. i wish they make tipping illegal and just add ten percent to bill

Old 08-21-2016, 09:20 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
how do we know this story is true. I alway tip in cash, maybe they did to and the waitress wasnt happy with the tip. I have seen some waitress that think they deserve five dollar this for one glass of tea. i wish they make tipping illegal and just add ten percent to bill
The people who think McDonalds cashiers deserve $15 an hour might believe servers deserve to be tipped 50% or something.

But no, actually. Bernie Sanders is known for being a stingy tipper. Liberals want OTHERS to be generous.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:45 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
This time. Discerning people, the kind of people that should sit on juries, can tell hoaxes from reality.

Ada still in hiding.
This is ridiculous. How many of these things have turned out to be true? I've heard of three or four before this, and all of them have ended up being false. I'm not willing to condemn anyone until I know the whole story. But you still trust the Washington Post. Since I couldn't read the entire article and only rely on the quote from you, I still don't know if this couple wrote the note or not (and no, I don't want to break through their paywall).

I'm basing the hoax theory on past history and these people's behavior. It doesn't ring true.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This is ridiculous. How many of these things have turned out to be true? I've heard of three or four before this, and all of them have ended up being false. I'm not willing to condemn anyone until I know the whole story. But you still trust the Washington Post. Since I couldn't read the entire article and only rely on the quote from you, I still don't know if this couple wrote the note or not (and no, I don't want to break through their paywall).

I'm basing the hoax theory on past history and these people's behavior. It doesn't ring true.

How many hoaxes were perpetrated by the grandfather?

Did you watch the girl's demeanor when she was interviewed? She seemed embarrassed by the whole thing. I got the feeling she wished she had never told gramps about it.

Nothing from Ada or her "man" yet. The grandfather has already met the couple and had a verbal confrontation with them. In the other cases the falsely accused was quick to respond.

I have participated in the other threads too. In every one I labeled it a hoax. This one ain't.

I suggest you google this. Watch the girl's interview and read about the meeting between gramp's and the racists. I know this may be hard to understand but just because some minorities lie does not mean they all do. I have already given all the links I have looked at on this thread. Inform yourself before making snap judgements.

Last edited by whogo; 08-21-2016 at 10:00 PM..

Old 08-21-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
So you admit that being called a liberal hurts?

muhahahaha...........I love this
Isn't it pass your bedtime?

Old 08-21-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The people who think McDonalds cashiers deserve $15 an hour might believe servers deserve to be tipped 50% or something.

But no, actually. Bernie Sanders is known for being a stingy tipper. Liberals want OTHERS to be generous.
I saw a homeless guy the other day. Took 10 bucks some "rich" guy was holding in his hand and gave it to the bum.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:27 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
How many hoaxes were perpetrated by the grandfather?

Did you watch the girl's demeanor when she was interviewed? She seemed embarrassed by the whole thing. I got the feeling she wished she had never told gramps about it.

Nothing from Ada or her "man" yet. The grandfather has already met the couple and had a verbal confrontation with them. In the other cases the falsely accused was quick to respond.

I have participated in the other threads too. In every one I labeled it a hoax. This one ain't.

I suggest you google this. Watch the girl's interview and read about the meeting between gramp's and the racists. I know this may be hard to understand but just because some minorities lie does not mean they all do. I have already given all the links I have looked at on this thread. Inform yourself before making snap judgements.
I googled and read three different articles about it, all saying exactly the same thing, and none of them included any proof that the couple wrote that note. I don't believe it for one minute. Shoddy journalism, and click bait with an agenda.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I googled and read three different articles about it, all saying exactly the same thing, and none of them included any proof that the couple wrote that note. I don't believe it for one minute. Shoddy journalism, and click bait with an agenda.
If you require a confession for proof Charles Manson is innocent.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:26 PM

Good to see gramps is a fellow libertarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies