Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 11:57 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Isn't it pass your bedtime?
No, liberal.

This is a grown man putting you in our place LMAO...

I just find it funny that even liberals know that the word "liberal" is a disgusting word that first world that U.S. citizens associate with lying LOL

Liberals will lie and tell fibs. This a fact.
zc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 03:12 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
*IF* they did write the comment on the receipt, it was a ****ty thing to do but immigration lawyer grandpa blew this up as if it were a crime. Police were called, this was pushed on FB until dozens of sites ran the story showing the woman's signature, name, etc. This old man threatened to punch the young woman which normal people with self control wouldn't do.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
That was my guess. I was not going to waste time googling it.

Once again, Gramps is a lawyer.

What is funny is conservatives on this site in a knee jerk fashion defend every racist action and then wonder why they can't win Presidential elections. Admittedly not as bad as when liberals keep importing cheap labor and supporting affirmative action programs and wonder why poor white people don't vote their way.
What's funny is you lying about conservatives and thinking intelligent people believe it. Obama teach you how to lie?

Old 08-22-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
If you require a confession for proof Charles Manson is innocent.
Witnesses saw Manson do it. So far no one has come forward and said they witnessed her writing it. If you have a problem with the truth that's on you.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:25 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
'We Only Tip Citizens' Receipt Story Isn't So Cut And Dry | The Daily Caller

This story may be another hoax perpetuated by dishonest people. According to Daily Caller, the woman who signed the receipt is Puerto Rican and speaks little English and the man with her was black. She denied doing anything other than sign her name. The black male dinner companion, her fiancé, said he left a cash tip and denied signing the receipt with "we only tip citizens".

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-27-2016 at 06:51 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
'We Only Tip Citizens' Receipt Story Isn't So Cut And Dry | The Daily Caller

This story may be another hoax perpetuated by dishonest people. According to Daily Caller, the woman who signed the receipt is Puerto Rican and speaks little English and the man with her was black. She denied doing anything other than sign her name. The black male dinner companion, her fiancé, said he left a cash tip and denied signing the receipt with "we only tip citizens".
Well, there you go. Hopefully she sues the white attorney who harassed her.

What are the chances of the posters who wanted to string this woman up for yet another faux event.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:24 PM

After the receipt’s photo went viral online, Tom returned to the restaurant and caused quite a scene (the restaurant called the police), furious about the violation of Ada’s privacy. The incident was mentioned by The Washington Post and other outlets, but Tom said those write-ups left out the fact he was also demanding to know who had written the message on the receipt.

The media is every bit as dirty as Congress.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
How many hoaxes were perpetrated by the grandfather?

Did you watch the girl's demeanor when she was interviewed? She seemed embarrassed by the whole thing. I got the feeling she wished she had never told gramps about it.

Nothing from Ada or her "man" yet. The grandfather has already met the couple and had a verbal confrontation with them. In the other cases the falsely accused was quick to respond.

I have participated in the other threads too. In every one I labeled it a hoax. This one ain't.

I suggest you google this. Watch the girl's interview and read about the meeting between gramp's and the racists. I know this may be hard to understand but just because some minorities lie does not mean they all do. I have already given all the links I have looked at on this thread. Inform yourself before making snap judgements.
This was an easy one from the beginning. There was no proof.
How could you miss that?

Of course, you'll do the stand up thing and apologize, right?

Old 08-28-2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Most minorities aren't nasty to whites. But stupid, redneck, low IQ whites think what they see or hear on TV what is said about minorities think is true for all. Sadly, some white posters on here suspiciously fall under one or more of those descriptors, very sad indeed. And you know it's true, cause there's always that one moron that takes it way too far
What is truly sad is the morons who fell for this.

Quote:
Obviously it does not cover this situation. Gramps is a lawyer.

I suggest if you are a racist you do not leave written proof behind in this day and age.
Again, there is no proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh please. Tell me, how would those customers know if the girl was a citizen or not? They don't, they simply took it upon their ignorant selves to assume because she's not "white" that she's not a citizen. Doesn't get much more stupid than that, now does it?
Only ignorant people fall for these hoaxes and then use it to spew hatred.

Quote:
How many hoaxes were perpetrated by the grandfather?

Did you watch the girl's demeanor when she was interviewed? She seemed embarrassed by the whole thing. I got the feeling she wished she had never told gramps about it.

Nothing from Ada or her "man" yet. The grandfather has already met the couple and had a verbal confrontation with them. In the other cases the falsely accused was quick to respond.

I have participated in the other threads too. In every one I labeled it a hoax. This one ain't.

I suggest you google this. Watch the girl's interview and read about the meeting between gramp's and the racists. I know this may be hard to understand but just because some minorities lie does not mean they all do. I have already given all the links I have looked at on this thread. Inform yourself before making snap judgements.
One that we know of. Since this was a manufactured hoax and the white attorney who started this ****storm is an immigration attorney, the logical conclusion is the perpetrator did this for the sole purpose of driving his agenda.

Perhaps her demeanor was such because she felt guilty for being a part of this.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:11 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,376,413 times
I wouldn't care if she didn't tip. It's not mandatory. It's none of our business if someone tips or not. However, I said to myself, Oklahoma must have the highest tippers of anyone because everyone here tips, a lot. We tip 40%, cash. We really appreciate good servers. We've even tipped up to 50%. People around here tip so much, I've said "I need to get a job as a waitress here." So, anyway, I looked it up.
Best tippers:

Even when confronted by the same payment system in similar businesses (bars, restaurants and coffee shops), people left very different tip amounts. There are still a lot of variables, like how the payment system is set up to prompt the customer to tip, the sort of service being provided and the tippers themselves. With all that in mind, here’s a list of states with some seemingly exceptional tippers. (You can find a list of the worst tippers on Credit.com.)

10. Missouri
Average tip amount: 20.62%

9. Virginia
Average tip amount: 20.83%

8. Kansas
Average tip amount: 20.88%

7. Rhode Island
Average tip amount: 20.91%

6. Mississippi
Average tip amount: 20.97%

5. Louisiana
Average tip amount: 20.98%

4. South Carolina
Average tip amount: 21.1%

3. New Hampshire
Average tip amount: 21.14%

2. Maryland
Average tip amount: 21.96%

1. Oklahoma
Average tip amount: 23.89%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies