Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:33 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times

Advertisements

In this PC times, everyone has to make a big deal over every little thing. If this had happened before the liberals went wild in this country you would never have heard about it. News reporters in the restaurant for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 04:42 PM

381 posts, read 177,385 times
Shame on them if this really happened, but I have to be honest and say I'm increasingly suspicious of these incidents because of the attention they get. Ever since the Whole Foods gay slur on the cake incidence--which raised many legitimate doubts but I believe is still not decided in court--I don't automatically believe the alleged victim.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:05 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Look at the printed insult. "We only" and "tip citizens" are in two different hands. Look at the N and E.
I don't agree. There's little difference between the two "N's" and the "E's" look like they're written in more or less the same way. The lower N is written at an angle, while the two E's both have the top two lines very close together, it being more distorting on the top because it was smaller print (makes it passable as a lower case 'e' almost). I'd chalk it up to the person's handwriting being slightly different depending on how big they're writing. I've noticed most people have more control at different scales. It could cause some minor style differences. And even then, most people don't write all of their letters exactly the same. They're not designing a font after all; they're quickly scribbling a message (in this case, a racist one).

But even if we assume multiple people did this, that story makes a lot less sense. If the customers left it blank, and two people did indeed write this, why were two people required at all? One person would suffice to take this. Now, if the customer only wrote part of it, as in the "we only" or "tip citizens," well, that also makes no sense since neither of those are even remotely close to being a complete thought. I guess it's possible they just wrote "tip citizens" thinking that was close enough to being a complete thought (we can only assume someone who believes themselves to possess the ability to tell who's a citizen and who isn't just by looking at them is already stupid enough to think that's a complete thought), but it really doesn't change the story much if an employee later wrote "we only" to spare the customer from sounding more stupid than they already were.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:16 PM

596 posts, read 428,949 times
So many of these receipt things turn out to be fake, excuse me while I wait for this one to play out.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Your link does not say that the diner has denied writing it - just that she has not responded to inquiries.
Read to the end of the link, the signer has been banned from the establishment. Also now we have some video of the couple.

Server receives 'racist' note instead of tip

Old 08-19-2016, 07:55 PM

1,202 posts, read 642,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
with conservative white people only white people are americans.
Our founders laid it out quite clearly who citizens were and who could become citizens. No bastardized version of that is acceptable.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:58 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Read to the end of the link, the signer has been banned from the establishment. Also now we have some video of the couple.

Server receives 'racist' note instead of tip
At end of link
Quote:
"It makes me the stronger person to not let these things bother me because I know I'm a good person. I know that," said Elledge
wondering how the world found out about it

Old 08-19-2016, 08:15 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post

wondering how the world found out about it
If you haven't noticed, social media spreads news rather quickly. Probably started on Face Book and went viral. Keep in mind this city only has 50,000 people so a situation is going to spread pretty quickly and exponentially.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
with conservative white people only white people are americans.
With liberals the only thing that matters is play the race card. Is it any wonder they have no credibility? Anything to deflect from the fact that their big government is a failure.

"The server said the couple ate their meal and she saw the woman sign the bill but didn’t see the rest of the receipt until about two hours later."

That's not how it usually works. Servers look right away.
When I hear these things I automatically doubt it until there is further evidence.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The diner has been contacted by a reporter via her Facebook page but so far has not responded.
According to the Huffington Post, Elledge’s grandfather said the woman accused of leaving the note believes she’s been wrongly accused of racism. He said she’d signed the receipt, but hadn’t written the note. WHSV reportedly obtained security footage of the whole incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies