Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2016, 11:28 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,634,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
In short, there is nothing I have done to offend anyone there.
Hm. Yes, it's hard to imagine you offending anyone. I just can't picture you doing or saying anything even remotely offensive.

Quote:
One must keep in mind that liberals are close to sub human and do not have the same thought processes as normal people...
Oh. Well, I take that back.

Dude. It's really simple. Assuming this really happened (which I highly doubt) it's because someone doesn't like you. Personally. It's not about Trump, it's about you. If you come across as anywhere near as insulting, condescending, seething with anger, and downright hateful in real life toward people who think differently than you do as you are coming across here in this thread, then trust me - you have done something to offend someone. Probably a lot of someones.

I'm sure most people in your area really do appreciate - genuinely appreciate - the hog roast and the other stuff you do in the community, but if you sincerely believe that all libruls are sub-human idiots, then I can guarantee you that people who spend time with you are aware of it. In a lot of your City Data posts, you come across as very tightly-wound and vengeful - mind you, I'm not saying that you are, or even that it would make you a bad person if you were. But if you do present that way in real life, then I'm sure a lot of people figured out that stealing your Trump signs would make you erupt like a volcano, and (if this really did happen) that's probably why they did it. Someone thought it would be funny to see you go up in flames, so they flipped a match at you.

Maybe they was sub-human libruls, maybe they were normal, stable conservatives, but it was someone who did it specifically because they knew how much it would enrage you. But I'll bet they never, in their wildest dreams, imagined they could get you to lay on your belly in the weeds with a rifle for 6 hours, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, wasting half a day off. That was the Christmas bonus, and if they know about it, I'm sure they're laughing their heads off tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 12:08 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Why destroy someone's sign. It just lets me know who the Klan members are in my neighborhood. Thanks.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:17 AM

952 posts, read 518,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Why destroy someone's sign. It just lets me know who the Klan members are in my neighborhood. Thanks.
Just a bit of hyperbole...

What is funny is the thought of someone sitting in wait for someone to take their precious sign.

Trust me, I know rural areas. IF THIS DID HAPPEN, whoever he is laying in wait for is watching him and laughing to the point of almost peeing their pants.

#never happened #punked

Old 08-29-2016, 12:23 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I doubt anyone would "toss a liberal yard sign" where I live. It hasn't happened and I don't anticipate anyone would vandalize the Hillary for President signs. I'm sure there are other Republicans in my neighborhood besides me and we would never do that.

The point is a Trump yard sign would cause resentment, I know for a fact, yet the Hillary signs are acceptable and displayed without thought.
I live in The Woodlands. There is a guy who lives across the street from the edge of the Tournament Course at The Woodlands Country Club who has a commercially produced sign that reads 'Fire Obama' in one of his front windows. That sign has been up since early/mid 2012. The Conference Center where Gingrich and Cain had their debates is a mile or so away.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:25 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Well, I did see an old geezer attempt to strangle a neighbor who took a yard sign on live TV once. The guy was so furious he lost all control for a moment, and the incident cut away before I got to see how it ended. They were in the police station, surrounded by cops, so I doubt it ended well for the old goat, even though he had full rights to his complaint.

It was as if his hand had a life of its own. it slowly crept upward until it clenched on the other guy's throat, and that fellow did nothing at all to stop it. Very strange.

I think it was on some national news broadcast- I don't have cable, so it must have been on network TV, and as best as I can remember it was in 2006.

A yard sign is just a yard sign. Catch the perp and make him pay a fine. That's fit and proper justice for such a trivial thing. In 2 years, there will always be another new yard sign.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:43 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
I have a couple of farms about an hour from where I live. On one farm, I have a very nice house and grounds which I allow all of the "locals" to use whenever they want. Most of the people in that area are very nice.

At this location, I have now had my EIGHTH Trump sign destroyed/vandalized. There are two cops who hunt on my land, one who fishes, and another who gets wood to heat his house. I finally called the cops (I know them all) and they are simply going to wait and arrest the offender, as the signs last about 4-6 hours.

It is sad that anyone would destroy political signs, but I will take pleasure in the knowledge that the liberal doing so will not be able to vote as a result of their effort to suppress any opposition views. What kind of idiot does such a thing? I despise Hillary; however, I would never remove/destroy a Hillary sign, as such behavior is childish and absurd.

Liberalism = Fascism
I know a farmer in Iowa named Tami. Huge spread.

It was probably her.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:50 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
A sign on a lawn means bupkis .

We got Obama again because a significant number of shortsighted, stubborn Republicans decided not to vote in the presidential election in 2012 as a protest because Romney wasn't conservative enough for them.
Well, Romney proved he was an asshat this year.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:51 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Put me down with paintball guy.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:57 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Put me down with paintball guy.
Vandalism is vandalism any way you slice it. I'd be just as offended if were a Hillary sign.

Note: I don't care for either, liberal or conservative. I think if you label yourself, you limit yourself. Both parties after 1 thing: increasing government creep/incrementalism

Old 08-29-2016, 05:27 AM

109 posts, read 95,294 times
Just record who is doing it, it'll be the same guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies