Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 05:39 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Hm. Yes, it's hard to imagine you offending anyone. I just can't picture you doing or saying anything even remotely offensive.

Oh. Well, I take that back.

Dude. It's really simple. Assuming this really happened (which I highly doubt) it's because someone doesn't like you. Personally. It's not about Trump, it's about you. If you come across as anywhere near as insulting, condescending, seething with anger, and downright hateful in real life toward people who think differently than you do as you are coming across here in this thread, then trust me - you have done something to offend someone. Probably a lot of someones.

I'm sure most people in your area really do appreciate - genuinely appreciate - the hog roast and the other stuff you do in the community, but if you sincerely believe that all libruls are sub-human idiots, then I can guarantee you that people who spend time with you are aware of it. In a lot of your City Data posts, you come across as very tightly-wound and vengeful - mind you, I'm not saying that you are, or even that it would make you a bad person if you were. But if you do present that way in real life, then I'm sure a lot of people figured out that stealing your Trump signs would make you erupt like a volcano, and (if this really did happen) that's probably why they did it. Someone thought it would be funny to see you go up in flames, so they flipped a match at you.

Maybe they was sub-human libruls, maybe they were normal, stable conservatives, but it was someone who did it specifically because they knew how much it would enrage you. But I'll bet they never, in their wildest dreams, imagined they could get you to lay on your belly in the weeds with a rifle for 6 hours, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, wasting half a day off. That was the Christmas bonus, and if they know about it, I'm sure they're laughing their heads off tonight.

psst-- the OP seems to have had other "run ins" with other posters- he has brought this on himself- (if it actually happened)- he can put a bunny rabbit poster and someone will take it -old bitter geezer is what i come up with- not a political exchange-
-but probably mostly bored and wants some attention on the forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 05:43 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
1. Set up covert wildlife cam(s), motion sensing - one for the sign(s), one for the road (to catch car and license tag)
2. Get photos
3. File criminal complaint(s) for trespass, theft, vandalism, and every other you can (per local law)
4. File civil suit for damages (pile it on) - lien any property he has - house, car, etc, etc - ruin his credit rating - if a public officer, lien his bond - file a story with the local newspaper, radio, TV station - get the media to interview the prosecutor / district attorney, in case they're buddies
5. Get ready for retaliation from all his buddies - if possible wear a video recording device so that any verbal or physical threats made are recorded - or never be alone - get a dash-cam, too; retask your wildlife cams to cover your house
6. File more criminal complaints against those who threaten you or your property - if it's the original miscreant, out on bail, have his bail revoked
7. Upgrade insurance on all property subject to vandalism, etc
8. Expect "nuclear" retaliation - all "hail" breaking loose

As you escalate this, do not be surprised at the parties who comes to his defense.
Your rights are only viable if you defend them from all enemies.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm just wondering why you guys have these thoughts. The idea of silencing someone's political views never enters my mind, let alone breaking the law to do it.

So what do you think it is that is causing you to have these urges, or fantasies, or whatever you want to call it?

Well it depends. Are you an Anesthesiologist or a Psychologist ? If you are the former, it is because I think Trump is beyond despicable, a Yuge liar, and only in this for himself. If you are a Shrink........well , there was the time my Mother left me at the grocery store and I felt so alone and scared, and then my Dad wanted me to get into football, but I was too little to play that game. Or maybe it was the time.........

Don

Old 08-29-2016, 06:00 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
What I've found fascinating is how some respondents can justify and minimize the core issue, trespassing on private property to vandalize or steal protected political speech, because "it's just a free sign and it's supporting Trump".

Old 08-29-2016, 06:43 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What I've found fascinating is how some respondents can justify and minimize the core issue, trespassing on private property to vandalize or steal protected political speech, because "it's just a free sign and it's supporting Trump".

They are liberals who support political intimidation and suppression of conservatives. Their attitude belies that.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:06 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I haven't seen many Trump signs and zero Hillary signs. I think people are too embarrassed and ashamed to let people they support either candidate.
This.

This is the first year I have lived here (27 years) that I have seen zero signs.

This neighborhood isn't big on signs anyway, but usually there's one or two.
You see more with local elections.

But zero?

Yeah. Really speaks to the crappiness of both candidates. No one wants to admit supporting either of them.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think Trump is beyond despicable, a Yuge liar, and only in this for himself.
So, does that mean you'll vote for the PROVEN despicable liar in it for herself?

I say it's best to vote for neither, but if you belief you must vote for one or the other, wouldn't it be best to go with the one where there is some doubt?

Old 08-29-2016, 07:39 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Quote:

Dems are ALL criminals.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
It's fascinating that you actually think this fictional story is true.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:03 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Both sides of the aisle need to grow up.

/thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies